VeganAwake

To seek it is to move away from it.

62 posts in this topic

The only thing that stands between you and enlightenment is seeking. ... Enlightenment is not a place to reach, it's not a thing to “get,” it's frankly not even an experience. It's the nature of the moment

You are already enlightened spirit. There is nowhere you need to go and nothing to you need to do in order to be that which you already are. The only issue is that you believe the thoughts that say you have to do something to get “there,” and that’s why you suffer and have “problems.” The mind says you’re lacking something, you’re inadequate in some way, that “there” is better than “here,” and the second we buy into the mind’s story, is the moment when peace ends and suffering begins. In a sense, seeking kicks us out of heaven and plants us squarely in hell.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

People who are engaged in religious or spiritual practices such as yoga prayer meditation chanting or any kind of ritual are practicing techniques which are conditioned, which means they are just part of the ego construct, the seeking and the activity isn't the problem, thinking you have found the answer in some external form is the problem spirituality in its most common form is no different than pathological thinking that is going on everywhere, it is further agitation of the Mind more human doing as opposed to human being. The ego construct wants more money more power more love more of everything. Those on the so-called spiritual path desire to be more spiritual more awake more equanimous more peaceful more enlightened. Samadhi is not about attaining or adding something more to yourself, its to die before you die. 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The biggest road block to attaining samadhi is thinking that one already knows the path. "The biggest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge"... This can be the show stopper. 

In samadhi there is a saying... "No person can enter the gateless gate, So be nobody". This can be the hard part for some people, because it requires a "letting go" of ones sense of self, and all belief systems/structures a person is identified with and attached to, including all religious and culturally conditioned notions of the self. Simply put you drop your entire identity, and beliefs you have about yourself, and become like a young child new to the world and ready to learn.( come with your glass empty); ( become the not knower)

This is of course where the ego feels the most threatened, because it knows that this will kill it. It will try to resist it in every way possible( mostly distractions). The trick is not to force it, but to ask it to sit down in the chair and that you no longer require its services.

The letting go I'm describing also means to drop any past signs or beliefs of who or what you think you are. For example do not cling to nicknames, signs, or old beliefs about yourself that you have already used in your journey forward. The signs are there to point you 2 something, but do not cling and hang on to them to long. They are meant to be used and then transcended/outgrown and dropped( non-attachment/ non identification).

Basically these were the hardest things for me to do in my own life, but once I caught on to this and trusted my own instincts, my motivation allowed me to completely drop everything, become the not knower, and dive into the abyss. 

This path for me has been an awakening in its self, but I can see its a definite permanent lifestyle shift as well.

This was something I sent to my very good friend a few months ago..

Edited by VeganAwake

@Mikael89 Lets try this in steps:

1) Stop assuming you know anything about the process. Completely drop any idea that you have about enlightenment. Become empty. Allow everything you think about yourself to fall away. Cease knowing anything. Become like a 6 month old child viewing and observing everything for the very first time. Empty your glass and leave it empty. Almost like you don't even have a mind. Become the not knower.

2) Realize that you are not truly anything that anybody describes you as, not even yourself. You are not Michael the banker from Wisconsin who is often depressed has high anxiety, low self-esteem, and a decent work ethic sometimes. None of those things are really who you are they're just labels Society has created that you allowed yourself to believe. They are just beliefs ideas about who you are there not the truth in any way. There simply opinions and perceptions.

3) Cease believing any of these Illusions about yourself. Simply notice their make-believe and let them fall away, every single layer until there's nothing left because it's all imagination. Something you simply allowed yourself to believe about yourself and label yourself as. None of it is true, strip these layers off for good. It really doesn't require an action just cease believing them.

4) Simply sit in no mind land and Ponder, if i am not any of the things I believed myself to be then who am i really. What is left after all the make-believe Falls away. What is left after shedding all the layers of the false self. Who are you,what are you,what is left?

Keep practicing these steps it's all within not without.

@Danioover9000  it's an interesting paradox what you said because that's actually exactly what you want to do cease going on the voyage all together burn your ship and sink it turn within see the truth drop the layers of your false self and then notice what's remaining. Samadhi is to die before you die no person can enter the gateless gate so be nobody.

Good luck my friend!! It's right under your nose..

@ajasatya  it's kind of like the mind is programmed to acquire things. Like believing if I can just find that one piece of sacred Egyptian knowledge I will be able to attain Enlightenment...that is the ego or conditioned mind pattern.

It doesn't like the answer to turn Within and let fall away. The ego knows that this will destroy it ...that's why it protects you from this with a lot of distractions and seeking outside of yourself.

Let's be honest would you want to give your beautiful Ivory Tower of beliefs that you've collected your whole life away in one shot. No the ego doesn't like this... the ego says seek but do not find. 

This way you will feel like you're making progress while the ego sits back like the little boss whipping you and saying keep seeking it's right around the next corner don't give up lol. 

1) cease to seek.

2) empty your glass.

3) turn within.

4) drop the labels/layers of your false self.

5) ask yourself who am I.

6) realize your true self.

Edited by VeganAwake

"There is no path, but only a fool doesn't walk it."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It is absolutely the pathless path to the gateless gate where nobody realizes they're everything.

Edited by VeganAwake

@Mikael89 Think of it as a ceasing to believe who you are not, or a ceasing of being the knower.

I know it sounds like an action of seeking but it's actually a non-action, and it is actually very easy once you catch on to it.

When I mentioned diving into the abyss in my story, that was the non action of ceasing the hold on to my false self.

I hope this helps... words can be very limiting and even confusing in this kind of work as we hear all the time. 

Remember the ego wants to do do do acquire acquire acquire gain gain gain more more more. 

Cease acquiring knowledge Cease the Seeking and turn within. Everything you need you already have!! 

I hope this helps!!

Edited by VeganAwake

@VeganAwake Meditate, like every single Day. 

It's mistake to Drop the path. Spirituality is Actual not philosophical, you will never reach final destination without practises. Yes You are at final destination already but lets face it, You still have no clue What THIS actually is. 

Oh 11:11 nice ❤️

What's this non sense.

Seeking what ?

On the contrary without doing thé work you stay in ignorance and live plain bullshit as truth.

Seeking is what you have to do.

The ego can't cease seeking, it is the seeking energy itself. The path is utterly hopeless. The ego will turn non seeking into seeking. There is nothing the ego can do, absolutely nothing. It goes around in a circle. There is no final destination, there is no "there." Nobody is "there." Nothing is "here."

@traveler Everything That You just said is a beleif, is it? 

Inspect even That beleif. 

Meditation is the way. Don't seek neurotically be curious as little kid. 

There is a path be curious about it. 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"There is no path, but only a fool doesn't walk it."

what about: there is a path, but only a fool will walk it?

transcending foolishness is transcending a path to the magic of a world towards the inner eye, the path was there all along, but the vision first needs to be developed. of course if the legs don`t do what the fool wants them to do, that`s another question that needs to be reflected.

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@traveler Everything That You just said is a beleif, is it? 

Inspect even That beleif. 

Meditation is the way. Don't seek neurotically be curious as little kid. 

There is a path be curious about it. 

Can you point out what was untrue in my statement?

harder than you think.

you have to have a step back, cry, and need to detach yourself from the feeling of hopelessness.

but it's very hard to keep the torch lit, even if only the embers are warm. but, goodluck unto your for improving your life :)

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~!