Nivsch

How can we know its not all come from the brain?

125 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, crab12 said:

After realizing life is a dream, why can't you break the rules you yourself have imagined? Levitate, cure AIDS, turn Donald Trump into puff of hot air? If I recognize in sleep that I'm dreaming I can break laws of physics, so why not while "awake"?

The desire to manipulate reality to suit yourself is the very definition of ego.

But also, you are able to bend many rules as you become more conscious. You just have to appreciate that your personal human desires are not what governs the universe. There is a deep intelligence to how everything is arranged, so think twice before imposing your human ideas on how the universe should be.

Maybe one day you'll discover that everything is perfect exactly how it is and that nothing needs to be manipulated. Imagine that! What a concept!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

everything is perfect

But, you can do better. Everything is perfect because everything tends to evolve and get better over time.

If a hikikomori hears everything is perfect, it would justify not moving a muscle with the assumption that everything is perfect as it is.

A hikikomori can get better by becoming an amateur body builder.

Although nothing needs to be manipulated, anything can be mainpulated into better shape. There's infinite potential.

Edited by CreamCat

1 minute ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@CreamCat Define "better shape"

An amateur body builder is in a better physical shape than a hikikomori who moves very little everyday.

@CreamCat Under what rubric is an amateur body builder's body "better" than a hikikomori's? "Better" at attracting women? "Better" at being strong? What if your goal was to land the part of a hikikomori in a movie, would it be "better" to have a body building body then?

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

2 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@CreamCat Under what rubric is an amateur body builder's body "better" than a hikikomori's? "Better" at attracting women? "Better" at being strong? What if your goal was to land the part of a hikikomori in a movie, would it be "better" to have a body building body then?

I define better in terms of ability to respond to environment, reproductive fitness, physical growth, mental growth, etc, ...

An amateur body builder is better able to physically respond to environment.

An amateur body builder is better able to mentally respond to environment than a hikikomori is.

A hikikomori's mind is clouded because it doesn't move much.

Your mind is activated by physical movements.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat Right. But that's just from your limited ego's POV. From an absolute POV, all of these things are relative. From an absolute POV, a sick, decaying, disgusting body is every bit as perfect and complete as the most handsome and chisled Mr Olympia's body.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

2 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@CreamCat Right. But that's just from your limited ego's POV. From an absolute POV, all of these things are relative. From an absolute POV, a sick, decaying, disgusting body is every bit as perfect and complete as the most handsome and chisled Mr Olympia's body.

I see that many actualized.org users use spirituality as an excuse for physical inactivity and laziness.

Practically speaking, you are not going to give up survival when you are busy surviving.

When you are doing well, you will be more willing to give up your life.

Edited by CreamCat

1 minute ago, CreamCat said:

I see that many actualized.org users use spirituality as an excuse for physical inactivity and laziness.

What are you smoking?

29 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Nothing.

There's your problem ;)

@Leo Gura lol

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

22 hours ago, Nivsch said:

@Leo Gura when you say that everything is just our imagination you say it because:

No free will > You are not control toughts and feeling > not control yourself >  not control other people too > means that you = others > no seperation > every "thing" is imagination (as a seperate thing), but it is part of oneness and the oneness is right before my eyes and the raw view i see is NOT an imagination. but if i think of it as a seperate thing - THIS is an imagination.

Am i right?

@Merkabah do you mean the circular reasoning here?

I asked it to understand the route of thinking that lead to the conclusion that all is just imagination and therefore i wanted to know if what i wrote here above is right in Leo's opinion or in your opinion guys.

The raw vision right now that i see is not an imagination.

But every thing (when we address it seperately) is just an imagination and concept.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch 

11 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

I asked it to understand the route of thinking that lead to the conclusion that all is just imagination

Why do you assume that it was a route of thinking that led to it?

This is not how we acquire our most fundamental beliefs.

Ask yourself why you believe that thoughts are in the brain. If you get a reason, ask "how come I believe that" again.

Follow the trail all the way down, and you'll find that you believe reality is only physical and thoughts are in the brain, because someone told you before you were old enough to question it (we call this education), and because of that, everything confirming that seems "right" to you.

It's not a line of reasoning that convinced you. It's more like imprinting, or indoctrination.

You can be free from indoctrination and re-imprint yourself with actual experience, if you wish.

Psychedelics are one very effective way to do that indeed.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

20 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

The truth is the truth. The assumption is that awareness is the truth. Do you see the futility in that assumption? It's the source of duality. To transcend it is to realise non-duality.

I didn't mean to say that Awareness is the absolute Truth.

I just wanted to show a perspective in which Conciousness can be seen to be a more real "thing" than a Brain or the outside world in order to get the guy who opened the thread to go beyond his physical paradigm.

5 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

and hope you find fulfillment in your life.

I already have it.

Why are you triggered?

Edited by Truth Addict

2 hours ago, Nivsch said:

The raw vision right now that i see is not an imagination.

How do you know? What if it is?

What if your body is imaginary? How would you tell the difference if all you've ever experienced your whole life has been imagination?

What if the very thing you think is real has always just been something you've been imagining to be real?

If you imagine a thing to be real, does that mean it is real? Or is it still imaginary?

How would you distinguish between you imagining something to be real vs it actually being real?

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How would you distinguish between you imagining something to be real vs it actually being real?

With thought, everything is possible ;)

I feel like the question that matters the most is; does it really matter which one it is? Maybe all experience is rooted in some objective reality beyond our perception, or maybe nothing really exists and everything is "imaginary". Who knows. As long as you're not locked in some ideology on either side I think you're good.

I am myself, heaven and hell.