Huz

Powerful Quotes Post Here

792 posts in this topic

"Great men are not born great, they grow great. "

– Mario Puzo, from The Godfather

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

"It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine. I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her."

-Donald Trump

"Yeah, Ivanka’s really something and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married, and ya know, her father…"

-Donald Trump

Hallå

"We were all trapped in stories, she said, just as he used to say, his wavy hair, his naughty smile, his beautiful mind, each of us the prisoner of our own solipsistic narrative, each family the captive of the family story, each community locked within its own tale of itself, each people the victims of their own versions of history, and there were parts of the world where the narratives collided and went to war, where there were two or more incompatible stories fighting for space on, to speak, the same page."

Salman Rushdie.

“You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing.” 

- Alan Watts

“This is the real secret of life -- to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” 

- Alan Watts

“The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.”

- Alan Watts

"If you seek perfection, you will never find it. But if you see perfection in everything, it will find you."

Edited by monkey

To a mind that is still, the whole Universe surrenders.    

Lao Tzu

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony"

Mahatma Gandhi

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

"If someone tells you, you can't do something,

This person is talking to himself."

Random consciousness sentence #245365485164842743736129496416344168435432154345476343675765765675287

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

“Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?” – Rumi

"The Wind Rises, we must try to live"

after watching "The Wind Rises" by Miyazaki (it's from a french poem by Paul Valery)

Edited by Soulbass