Huz

Powerful Quotes Post Here

792 posts in this topic

Choke the human within to gain the will of a God

- part of some lyrics, describes enlightment pretty accurately 

19 minutes ago, Franz said:

Choke the human within to gain the will of a God

- part of some lyrics, describes enlightment pretty accurately 

I disagree, if anything, being identified with ego is suffocating the human. Loosening the grip on the human will manifest the will of god.

I guess the quote makes some sense from the perspective of ego...

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

3 minutes ago, vizual said:

I disagree, if anything, being identified with ego is suffocating the human. Loosening the grip on the human will manifest the will of god.

I guess the quote makes some sense from the perspective of ego...

As always, lyrics can be interpreted. I was sseing the "human" as the ego, but I see where you are coming from. 

Thanks for the response

"A good life is not a life without problems. A good life is a life with good problems. And so, despite the turbulence of the rocky waves and twisting tides, I can sometimes stare into the heart of my confusion and the crossed strains of joy and sadness, and smile and be grateful that it’s all there."

"Sometimes you have to live in precarious and temporary places. Unsuitable places. Wrong places. Sometimes the safe place won’t help you."

"Sometimes the novel is not ready to be written because you haven’t met the inspiration for your main character yet. Sometimes you need two more years of life experience before you can make your masterpiece into something that will feel real and true and raw to other people. Sometimes you’re not falling in love because whatever you need to know about yourself is only knowable through solitude. Sometimes you haven’t met your next collaborator. Sometimes your sadness encircles you because, one day, it will be the opus upon which you build your life."

"Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you'll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you'll hold on really hard and realize there is no choice but to let go. Acceptance is a small, quiet room."

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

"Don't you understand that we need to be childish in order to understand? Only a child sees things with perfect clarity, because it hasn't developed all those filters which prevent us from seeing things that we don't expect to see."

“A stranger on a bus told me once that it’s easy to forget that all of this is temporary. He said it in the context of rain but I never stopped thinking about it. At our core, we’re a series of temporary moments. Some that last years, others only a second. Exhilarating moments. Devastating moments. Miracle moments. We’re desperate, fleeing creatures never meant to last. And yet, we try. We hold the light close to see if it sticks this time. To see if maybe we are the lucky ones. The ones meant to last forever.”

“Fire is not for burning things down. It’s for giving us the brightest light.”

“The time the sun fell from the sky, we all tried to get our hands on it. We were greedy, desperate creatures, wanting the chance to kiss a star. To feel an energy outside of this world. To know we had touched light in its purest form. To see if we could take it with us in our pockets & on our skin. We wanted to ask the sun what it had felt like to shine so bright in such darkness. To ask how we could do it too."

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it."-Muhammad Ali

What we are trying to do, during all these discussions and talks here, is to see if we cannot radically bring about a transformation of the mind, not accept things as they are, nor revolt against them. Revolt doesn't answer a thing. You must understand it, go into it, examine it, give your heart and your mind, with everything that you have, to find out a way of living differently. That depends on you, and not on someone else, because in this there is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour. You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything. And to understand is to transform what is. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

FB_IMG_1465201528503.jpg

this changed the game

"                                                                                                                                                                                 "

– Nothingness

- Enter your fear and you are free -

,,Thinking You Can Change Yourself by changing your situations or your surroundings is like thinking you can change your handwriting by using a different pen'' - Anthony De Mello 

Edited by RafalA

It isn't about how long you live, it's about how you live...

"Believe nothing,
No matter where you read it,
Or who has said it,
Not even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense."

--Buddha

My own personal quote:

"Functioning in society is not the same thing as functioning in reality."

6 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

My own personal quote:

"Functioning in society is not the same thing as functioning in reality."