Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlphaAbundance

Why does sight stop when eyes close and sound stop when ears covered?

12 posts in this topic

It seems as the "outside" world is being perceived due to the fact when you cover your eyes and ears, sights and sounds stop as if the perceiving of them stop.

4 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

It seems as the "outside" world is being perceived due to the fact when you cover your eyes and ears, sights and sounds stop as if the perceiving of them stop.

The "apparent" person is the required apparatus needed to have any  experiences. You can not see, smell, taste, hear, feel or think without it. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

You (God) wrote the rules that this dream operates by. Then made yourself forget that you made those rules so to experience the dream unfettered. 

Because your eyelids and hands are in the way. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Jed Vassallo Lmao so god is actively deluding himself to trying to make it seem as much as possible like he is the mind/body complex? Like actively attempting or it just happens to be that way? Also tell me if you are speculating or know from direct experience

2 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@Jed Vassallo Lmao so god is actively deluding himself to trying to make it seem as much as possible like he is the mind/body complex? Like actively attempting or it just happens to be that way? Also tell me if you are speculating or know from direct experience

Yes. And I don't know why.

God is puzzling!

Think of how an FPS video game works.

There is actually no separation between the player and the world. The entire scene is rendered in one seamless frame. The player is enmeshed in the world.

In fact, there really isn't a player. There is only the world, shaped in such a way that the illusion of a player is created (arms, feet, nose, blood, etc.). But all of that is really just part of the world.

Your life is no different than an FPS game, with no one behind the screen.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

Yes AND No.

actively deluding, yes. Trying, no, it happens to be that way, yes. It just is.

This goes for everything not just sight and sound. If you don't verbally speak, there is no actual voice to be heard, if you don't think there are no thoughts to be thought of. It simply is direct experience. 

understand the distinction and the coexistence of perception and being. Being as a fundamental, perception being a dependency and how the two are symbiotic to one another. 

"Why does sight stop when eyes close and sound stop when ears covered?"

because you don`t look deep enough and don`t listen what is silence.

On 8.09.2019 at 0:32 AM, AlphaAbundance said:

Why does sight stop when eyes close and sound stop when ears covered?

Lol, you may have some weird eyes on you pal.
When I close my eyes, I either see my eyelids, or my imagination.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2