Farnaby

Are Leo’s teaching based on solipsism?

56 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I noticed that Leo’s ideas are very similar (if not the same) as those that solipsist defend. 

The problem I see with solipsism is it can’t be proven or unproven, just like most religious ideas.

Am I missing something?

Only direct experience.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

9 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Only direct experience.

I’m a big believer in direct experience. And the idea of the external world not existing outside of my mind is not in my direct experience. 

I can see how everything is interpreted by my mind and thus subjective. But non existent, dreamt-up, etc., has never been my direct experience.

29 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

Hi everyone!

I noticed that Leo’s ideas are very similar (if not the same) as those that solipsist defend. 

The problem I see with solipsism is it can’t be proven or unproven, just like most religious ideas.

Am I missing something?

I think that his teachings are very solipsistic. He also contradicts himself a lot and these two factors lead to confusion and suffering in the seeker.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

34 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

Hi everyone!

Am I missing something?

Yep. If you want Truth then all your existance is on the line. It is radical insanity. This is overcoming the greatest fear. 

No reality is paradoxical.  From Gods perspective you imagine all.  You are alone from that perspective.  But God is all limited consciousness as well , simultaneously.  Solipsism states only your limited perspective is real.  The truth is that you are a partition of Consciousness, but other partitions exist.   But as God you are being them all as well as your own.  So its only Solipsism as God.  Which isn't what Solipsism is according to the definition. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Farnaby The difference between Truth and solipsism is that solipsists still believe in an intrinsic self: their own. And label it as the only valid self. But Truth is about realizing that everyone and everything are manifestations of the same "thing". Solipsism entails separation and Truth entails Union.

unborn Truth

It is true that from your perspective you can't directly confirm other perspectives - thats is part of the design of being limited.  If you could you wouldn't be limited!!!

As God you can confirm you are being all of them simultaneously.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

No, they are based on non-dualism.

Very different from Solipsism. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

34 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I think that his teachings are very solipsistic. He also contradicts himself a lot and these two factors lead to confusion and suffering in the seeker.

This is why seekers shouldn't get caught up in believing every word of Leo. Especially trying to interpret it which will only lead to distortion. They won't get it until they experience it. 

12 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Farnaby The difference between Truth and solipsism is that solipsists still believe in an intrinsic self: their own. And label it as the only valid self. But Truth is about realizing that everyone and everything are manifestations of the same "thing". Solipsism entails separation and Truth entails Union.

Love this explanation. 

Truth is not Leo's teachings

Leo's teachings are Truth.

Truth is itself.

Be sure to know the difference.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, tedens said:

Yep. If you want Truth then all your existance is on the line. It is radical insanity. This is overcoming the greatest fear. 

@tedens Can you explain this a bit further?

56 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No reality is paradoxical.  From Gods perspective you imagine all.  You are alone from that perspective.  But God is all limited consciousness as well , simultaneously.  Solipsism states only your limited perspective is real.  The truth is that you are a partition of Consciousness, but other partitions exist.   But as God you are being them all as well as your own.  So its only Solipsism as God.  Which isn't what Solipsism is according to the definition. 

@Inliytened1 Why believe that is Truth if it’s not in my direct experience and never was as far as I can remember.

Sure I’ve had experiences of feeling how everything is connected and the line between one thing and another thing is illusion. But you seem to contradict yourself when you say I can’t see that from my perspective because it’s limited and right after that you say that as God I can confirm it.

49 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@ajasatya This distinction makes sense, thank you. But as much as I try to keep an open mind, what you define as Truth is not something I’ve experienced directly and therefore I can just understand it as a concept. 

What is that “thing” you are pointing to when you say it’s the source of every other manifestation? The universe? 

I’m sorry to be playing devil’s advocate but this topic really interests me ?

Edited by Farnaby

@Farnaby Ok do you see in your direct experience that there is an outside world? Rather than looking for proof of no outside world, look for proof of an outside world.

@Farnaby    You won't grasp it as a concept because you are a concept.  You have to go beyond that.  The finite cannot grasp the infinite.  You must become Truth itself.  You must become Infinite.  You ARE Truth itself.  That "thing" is you.

But this will take an awakening.   

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It's way more radical than merely solipsism.

Solipsism is like the kids menu.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

29 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

What is that “thing” you are pointing to when you say it’s the source of every other manifestation? The universe?

God, Allah, Reality, Universe, Buddha Nature, True Nature, Nothingness, Love, Truth etc. It has many names.

unborn Truth

47 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

Sure I’ve had experiences of feeling how everything is connected and the line between one thing and another thing is illusion. But you seem to contradict yourself when you say I can’t see that from my perspective because it’s limited and right after that you say that as God I can confirm it.

You can confirm it, but you must undergo an expansion of consciousness. The first barrier people need to break through is their existing model of reality. The usual model is not designed for Truth. It is designed for survival. Discovering Truth requires transcendence of survival mechanisms. That includes the illusory self. You must break down the entire house and start from a brand new foundation so that you can verify every brick and not just follow what you were told when you were young.

You are experiencing Truth and always have. But it takes a radical shift to become aware of it. To go so meta and circular you realize yourself.

Edited by Shadowraix

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's way more radical than merely solipsism.

Solipsism is like the kids menu.

Lol’ed @ “kids menu” 

This would be a great joke in a stage turquoise society Netflix comedy special

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

3 hours ago, Farnaby said:

But you seem to contradict yourself when you say

Get used to that, Truth seems contradictory because is everything. All point of views are in it, that's how it can reflect the world and create the illusion of diversity and separation. But there's no diversity, it's all one and the senses and everything are creating the idea of separation.

3 hours ago, Farnaby said:

Truth is not something I’ve experienced directly

Until you don't transcend your idea of "you", you won't see it. The very idea that there's a person is what doesn't allow you to see.

It's radical and very hard, and on the other hand very simple. Because is only that, only you have to stop thinking and begin "being" and that state of "Beingness" you only can achieve it with practice and meditation. Calming your thoughts.

Jesus said it better "For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it."

Edited by abrakamowse
grammar

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16