Naled

Your most important lesson learned

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I want to ask you what are your main, best, deeper, most useful lessons / "rules" / advices / things you've learned, either personnally or trough personal devlopment.

I will list mine, and will add more when I remember :

- Never let any outside circumstances direct how you feel. ( of course it's a lot of work ) If you don't like something, either CHANGE it, or be OK about it.

- Take responsability for EVERYTHING in your life.

- Don't want ANYTHING from people/women, you are 100 % COMPLETE.

- There is no failure, only learning in life.

- What others say about you, or about anything, is only a reflection of THEIR views/ their inner world.

- We are here to learn and evolve, each difficulty, each problem is a call to transcend our ego. When we let go of all of this, we are true LOVE.

Mine are: Take 100% responsibility, take action, commit to things you really want and don’t give up just because it’s hard try to make progress anyway.

see problems/challenges as an opportunity to learn instead of something that stands in the way.

Edited by BjarkeT

One of my favourite sayings is "never let anyone else tell you how to feel about something".

It's sort of a clunky phrase in that people will  tell you how to feel, inevitably and it probably is best to let it happen some of the time. It's also not particularly true because some of the best advice ever could effectively be a way of showing you a new perspective, in order to generate within you a certain kind of feeling. However, I've always liked the saying. Probably because it appeals to my ego. It's also a reminder to be sceptical and mindful. 

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

Commitment is the key to well lived life

Edited by Hello from Russia

Questions to ask yourself

• Am I sure?  
  • Have I taken something personally?
  • Are my demands realistic?

OSHO

A law exists. If you follow it, it brings wellness. If you don’t follow it, you get sick. The whole question is of awareness and discipline. Understand the law and be in harmony with it. Don’t be in conflict with it, that’s all.  Whenever you are in emotional pain it is an indication that you have gone against the law. Bring awareness to the situation and see where you are in conflict with the law. The law is not punishing you, you are punishing yourself by going against the law. God is not a person, it is a law.

Thich Nhat Hanh

• There is suffering
  • Understand your suffering
  • Know that recovery is possible
  • Follow the path to recovery

Alcoholics Anonymous 

• Selfishness is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear and self-delusion.
  • Self-righteousness and avoiding looking at your own shortcomings, the very thing we condemned in others, was our own evil.
  • When temporary good fortune came our way, we indulged ourselves in fantasies of still greater victories over people and circumstances. Thus, blinded by self-confidence, we were apt to play the big shot. Of course, people turned away from us, bored or hurt.
  • Nearly every serious emotional problem can be seen as a case of misdirected instinct. We impose our instincts on others. We step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. We must place spiritual growth before the satisfaction of instincts.
  • If we examine every disturbance we have, great or small, we will find at the root of it some unhealthy dependency and its consequent unhealthy demand. Let us, with God’s help, continually surrender these hobbling liabilities. Then we can be set free to live.
  • If we were to live, we had to be free of anger and resentment.
  • We must be sure to remember that we cannot buy our own peace of mind at the expense of another.

52 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

take action, commit to things you really want and don’t give up just because it’s hard try to make progress anyway.

That is too long. It can be summarized as "What you can be, you must be". It's also known as arete.

Abundance is within you, you just need to see it. 

Emotional pain is finite. You (the source, God, awareness) is infinite. 

See the impermanence in everything and you've nailed it. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Have intention with your attention.

Consistency trumps intensity.

When in doubt, default on action.

Judge not, least you be judged. 

Your actions reflect your priorities.

Before indulging, ask yourself "have I earnt the freedom"?

Actions speak louder than words.

Love this post and hope it'll grow and get pinned. 

However here are mine:

- there is noch such thing as strong or weak, only trained or untrained 

- free will is an illusion, therefore willpower is an illusion too

- when you think you're done and exhausted, there's actually a lot left in the tank, it's your brain that makes you think you can't get any further 

- a shitty mind produces shitty ideas, don't trust your mind to much when being on a low operating level of mind

- stick to the fundamentals, get those right first 

- addiction to self-help content is keeping you away from real self-help

- don't rely on external advice too much, develop trust in yourself that you can figure shit out too

- stillness is key. Truth and real growth are to be found here. 

And two more:

- we're hard wired to follow groups and authorities and that turns out to be a trap at some point. Develop more self reliance. 

- spirituality should not be used as an escape for issues that need therapy. 

@CreamCat well that’s not the way i have been thinking about it. He didn’t say you should describe them the shortest way possible anyway.

3 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

@CreamCat well that’s not the way i have been thinking about it. He didn’t say you should describe them the shortest way possible anyway.

Arete is more powerful.

@CreamCat well we each use our own way to describe things. I don’t see these things as one thing but separate things that each is important also because I have “discovered” them separately and I didn’t even think about arete lol but I think ill just describe them my way for now.

btw what where your most important lesson learned?

Edited by BjarkeT

At first, I thought it would be best to resume in one sentence, but who cares if it can make everybody progress or learn something.

Thanks so much to contribute all of you guys, one night and 12 reply, that's fantastic!

The key is to really put deep/key/important most useful things to have gold "inner game" of life.

Leo's videos are a bit similar to this, and we could resume it to : just look at Leo videos channel!

But I think we can be complementary and learn from everybody of us also.

2 hours ago, BjarkeT said:

btw what where your most important lesson learned?

Ideologies and movements are distractions to life purpose.

You are the creator of your reality. Your past, present, future was your doing 

Limiting beliefs are actually just beliefs, not reality 

Do things consciously 

Do things you want, not because you should

I've learned that nobody can help you with you mood problems or depressions but you. When you love youself and guide yourself you are able to stay positive and live happily. One need to be concious and be happy through self improvement and self work

Embrace duality because GOD is all there is.

unborn Truth

I've learned that everything I've learned needs to be unlearned and relearned over and over again. 

Don't underestimate people.

You can learn something from ANYBODY. Poor people on the street, higher director, kids...