NoSelfSelf

Why do you want to improve?

31 posts in this topic

Whats your reason to improve yourself? And why after that would be nice too...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

To have the power to live on my own terms.

And because. What else ?

I once again want to hear the roar of the crowd. Rising up like a thunder and In that moment die a glorious death.

Also Im lazy and life is counter intuitively easier once you get rolling.

@Aeris  idk there could be million reasons

@Solonius so you are a gladiator ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

4 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

so you are a gladiator ?

In the sense that Im an outcast to society yes. I also feel like there is one thing left for me to do to balance the scales.

Because I remember the blissful, carefree and magical state of mind I had as a child, and I want to get back to that. I want to feel vibranty alive and be fully in touch with who I am. I want to live a life of honesty and integrity, where my way of being is a true reflection of who I am. I want to create something new everyday and share it with the world. I want to take risks and explore all the things that life has to offer, both the good and the bad. I want to break down the barriers between myself and other people, nature and my own inner being.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

To take my mind off the inevitable suffering and death that the 90% of us who aren't lucky enough to die in our sleep will one day face. And in the case of any real self-improvement, to maybe delay that awful fate.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

@Elham you can have change without improvement :)

@Solonius Heroes journey?

@Commodent thats little ambitious i like it

@Dan502 so you have 100% negative motivation for self improvement im suggesting to change that into something more inspiring ...

It's you.

Now fight.

2 hours ago, Solonius said:

In the sense that Im an outcast to society yes. I also feel like there is one thing left for me to do to balance the scales.

Aldous huxley hated 95% of society for being too stupid. ( he was very enlightened ) but at the end of his life he would rethink about that.

and if you are a true outcast, why looking here for some company ?

that's good to be an outcast though, you can be very unique this way, but this could aswell wrap on a toxic life for you.

that's just like sex needs, you cannot surpass your own biologic fabric, you can be aware, accepting, finding new logics and metaphysic paradigm.

but the essence of your desire for social is still there, probably never leave.

even Nietzsche wanted some friends.

Edited by Aeris

Good thread!

I'll just categorise the answers into three groups:

1. Indoctrination. It comes in the form of dreams of a life void of pain and full of materialistic success (unconscious/very limited).
  2. Alignment with the expansion of the universe, to achieve some end goal, whatever it might be (kind of conscious and neurotic).
  3. No reason, because I can't help it, because that's how it is, etc... (conscious, relaxed, and happy).

@Truth Addict yeah but for some reason its not enough...it doesnt feel like thats all

It's you.

Now fight.

I want to transcend my ego, although I have a different understanding and meaning of ego to some. If I transcend my ego I let go of fear and anger to a degree and create the right conditions for compassion and humility to prosper. That's my theory. 

6 hours ago, Elham said:

Because I like change

I like that answer. 

9 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Whats your reason to improve yourself? And why after that would be nice too...

I want to improve because my only desire is to be Selfish beyond measure...

by doing whatever brings me my highest joy 

this is only possible here now, if I’m being honest 

Edited by DrewNows

To have a better experience of Life.

unborn Truth

I was given this life so I might as well enjoy it! It's not good to waste such a wonderful gift :D

I have an opinion on everything :D

15 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Elham you can have change without improvement :)

Obviously a change for better 

Edited by Elham

I feel a desire to do so. There is no why. Its just there and so I satisfy it.

10 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Truth Addict yeah but for some reason its not enough...it doesnt feel like thats all

Maybe It's not quite correct. But can you give one example that does not fit into one of them?

Turn your life into art if you choose to.  There's no one right way to live your life.  You can do whatever you want with your time.

Edited by Joseph Maynor