You make cry.. 9_9

All the best in your hero's journey 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

19 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Desire is the source of suffering.

Nope.

Resistance is the source of suffering. Not desire.

Desire whatever you desire and accept it, and you will be at bliss.

Try to kill your desires while they're actually there, and suffer tremendously.

Suffering stems from conflict, two things going against each other (mind/heart vs reality). When the mind/heart aligns itself with reality, there will be no suffering at all.

4 hours ago, theking00 said:

Enlightenment= all my desires are gone.  I do not want money or girlfriend all i want is enlightenment  I do self inquiry everyday .

That's the spirit. :)

There exists only One. Everything is The One and Only The One. The One is none other than you, you can't be anything else. God is Real and existent, conscious, alive and aware. But He cannot be seen because He is formless, He can only be made directly conscious of. At the same time, He can be seen, being everything that can be seen by the eye and being the seer behind the eye. 

@Truth Addict @Mikael89

You are all wrong, I am right.

-_-

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

19 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Nope.

Resistance is the source of suffering. Not desire.

Desire whatever you desire and accept it, and you will be at bliss.

Try to kill your desires while they're actually there, and suffer tremendously.

Suffering stems from conflict, two things going against each other (mind/heart vs reality). When the mind/heart aligns itself with reality, there will be no suffering at all.

yes you right , what you resist persists.

@theking00 You can be free from illusion, if that's what you mean by "a way out of the Matrix".

;)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

11 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

What would a enlightened one possibly desire when he/she is beyond desires and already complete? He/she doesn't need anything to be happy. So no desires.

The moment you say: "I want that to be happy." you also say "I don't want that so I can be happy.", which of course is resistance. Desire is resistance.

The answer is beyond the conventional understanding.

An enlightened person has no control over their desires, just like ordinary people. The difference is that the enlightened person enjoys their desires by getting along with them instead of trying to suppress/avoid/kill them.

An enlightened person is 100% authentic. They have no problem expressing themselves, and that includes their desires.

Look at a tree (or a dog), it is enlightened. Does that make it stop growing? A tree is just being itself, completely at peace, having no resistance whatsoever. It takes whatever reality gives to it, because it knows that it is reality.

And as for the quotes, the Buddha is talking about transcending the desires, not killing them.

Edited by Truth Addict

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

One of the ways my mind gets trapped is black and white thinking. By thinking “my life is hell”, suggests it is 100% hell. That there are only two places: hell or not hell. And I’m trapped in hell and want to be in not hell.

Realizing and accepting that my life is not 100% hell is a major breakthrough because it shatters the hell vs not hell trap. You just said there is something you love to do in life, so it’s not either hell or not hell. Now, the narrative becomes “my life is a mixture of hell and not hell”. This is a major improvement, because one can see there are parts of life they like and parts of life they dislike. This is a game-changer in narrative. Now one knows they are capable of loving life (at least aspects of life). This re-orients the mind and body. Perhaps the mind and body will desire to go into nature in which they love and reach deeper levels in nature they never knew possible. All sorts of possibilities can open when we are in this place of love. We might meet someone in nature that also loves nature. Perhaps an ecologist or bird watcher and we learn new things and get an even deeper appreciation of life. Perhaps we realize that we socialized pretty well in that scenario. Then we might think, “I’d like to go hiking with someone who loves nature”. 

Along the way, there will be resistance with thoughts like “I can’t do xyz. I’m not good enough with xyz”

It’s the same trap with the statement “I can’t function in society”. This again suggests 100% functioning in society and 100% disfunctioning in society. That isn’t true. It’s another lie. You can name one time or one moment you were functional. It’s more accurate to say that you are a mix of functioning and nonfunctioning. We all are. Join the club. 

Personally, I don’t have the best social skills. Sometimes I can relate to other people well, other times I can feel awkward and uncomfortable. I also love nature and often prefer to be out in nature solo than with people. Yet, I’ve also found I need a certain level of social engagement for well-being. Quite often this takes work and effort for me. I am a natural in nature, yet generally not a natural in social situations.

This. Well said!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

@theking00 Does your desire for a girlfriend make you happy?

yes

2 hours ago, theking00 said:

i want to escape this hell. 

I had the same belief as you at one time. Ironically if you did shoot for enlightenment somewhere along that path you would come to realize the mistake of denying your own existence. First get rid of the belief that life is suppose to be easy and filled with joy.

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Why are you lying?

i mean it causes suffering.  

Edited by theking00

33 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

you wont be happy with a bunch of desires.

I am happy with my desires and with everything I have.

33 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

"You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God."  James 4:2

True. The verse is referring to an inauthentic egoic desire (greed). Desires that aren't authentic are against reality, therefore create resistance, therefore create suffering. Authentic desires don't make you suffer. But you have to first know yourself. I don't know any better way to explain this. I hope it penetrates. Meditation is the way.

Edited by Truth Addict

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

Exactly.

No you aren't. The definition of "desire" is to want something to make you happy. If you have a desire you aren't truly happy. 

Spiritual egos 9_9

Seems you have a desire to prove your point. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

11 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

No you aren't. The definition of "desire" is to want something to make you happy. If you have a desire you aren't truly happy.

You're free to not believe me. I am happy either way.

And maybe that definition is flawed. Because to me, it clearly doesn't represent reality. To me, to desire is to just feel wanting, regardless of the consequences.

Edited by Truth Addict

Enlightenment won't pull you out of the dream. You can't escape what you are. But it will eliminate all resistance to what is. That's been my progress. 

But really all of this is mental masturbation on what we theorize enlightenment to be. Instead of talking about it we should be doing the practices. Most of us here have no idea what it's like. But we crave to know what we are going after. Embrace the unknown. 

22 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@theking00 Where does "I want to destroy my ego" come from?

From my own EGO. 

5 minutes ago, theking00 said:

From my own EGO. 

Where is it? Can you point to it?

unborn Truth