Geromekevin

Leo is Wrong About Trump - Accountability Predictions

281 posts in this topic

@Leo Gurahow would we measure those proposed traits of wisdom and all? Just by watching your videos, we can all here safely assume you have a higher than average IQ, and if we watch some bums in a street, we can safely assume, by how they speak and act, if they are low IQ. You can tell if a dog is stupid or not, by its actions or lack of actions. I guess we could tell if some is moral or not by their actions, wise or not by the very same standard, but not sure there could be tests for this without objective moral standards (which don't exist) so we couldn't actually put together a test to know if they were moral or not, unless each country had its subjective moral tests, which would have to be a collective opinion.

However, with the IQ tests these things which are quantifiable mathematically:

"The IQ test consists of a number of tasks measuring various measures of intelligence including short-term memory, analytical thinking, mathematical ability and spatial recognition. Like all IQ tests it does not attempt to measure the amount of information you have learned but rather your capacity to learn."

So some humans CANNOT learn beyond certain levels, like if a computer did not have enough memory to process X amount of information, it cannot run windows 10. Now I totally get where you are coming from...life isn't all about "success" with academics or jobs, and I totally understand that it is not the end all be all, infinite intelligence, but so far IQ has made predictions and that is what make sit useful, BUT it is limited. It also does have some explanatory power and can give us a picture WHY certain countries are a certain way and why certain groups have harder times absorbing  education etc. With such truths, despite how hard they may be, we can actually be honest and make honest changes for the better. So instead of importing millions of unskilled low-IQ, why don't we have governments that go out and BUILD UP other countries. However, history shows us even this has failed. We have tried to rebuild Haiti so many times and yet it continues to destroy itself. This shows if a high IQ population builds something, you cannot expect a lower IQ population to maintain it.

Would you agree @possibilities with my last paragraph?

Edited by Angelo John Gage

6 hours ago, kieranperez said:

I’ll keep that in mind next time you rant at Leo and about the quality of the forum and how you think he doesn’t take feedback. 

I've got bigger fish to fry.  My concerns now are very different.  At that time I thought I was doing the right thing.  Now I think I'm doing the right thing.  I think I'm made an improvement in focus.  Pick your battles.  Make every point you score count toward moving you toward your most sought-after objectives.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I do not look at the world through the filter of IQ at all.

So you'd be perfectly fine having a relationship with a mentally retarded girl? 

Lol.

Edited by GenuinePerspectiveXC

4 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

@Joseph Maynor  there is no fish, there is only you, thus you are going to fry yourself :O)

Exactly!  Exactly.  No sense in getting flustered over stupid sh*t.  I've got enough real problems to work with, I don't need to create more distractions due to my own foolishness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

This thread doesn't seem to be much about predictions about trump anymore

Edited by tenta

@tenta We're talking about virtue signaling.  It's very relevant to the current political climate.  Check out this.  It's only 2 minutes:

@GenuinePerspectiveXC ite all fun and games until you ask them to let these folks into their houses lol. Its like these politicians who claim they love poc but live in all white neighborhoods or gated and secured communities.

@Angelo John Gage

I'm saying Leo would not get in a relationship with a girl who has mentally retarded levels of general intelligence. 

He notices and cares about IQ whether he wants to admit or not.

@GenuinePerspectiveXC well i agree. He would also not want to date a woman who is severly handicapped. Most humans will try to pair up with someone equal or a bit higher genetic fitness. This especially matters if one wants children. You do not knowingly want to pass on down syndrome or something to them

Gents -- the point is that all if this subjective.  It is relative to your state of consciousness.  Would you not agree?  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Gents -- the point is that all if this subjective.  It is relative to your state of consciousness.  Would you not agree?  

Virtue signaling is relative to who suffers the consequences and who doesn't - like those people from Sweden I showed you - they don't want to suffer the consequences of their virtue signaling.

Virtue signaling is also about wanting others to know that you're open and agreeable, often for sexual reasons.  That's why it kicks ass to be a progressive on a university campus.

Also to add to my other comment @Leo Gura I’ve been doing some reading just now and it seems the ego development theory is highly biased towards IQ as well, something which if ignored is to one’s detriment in developing an understanding of the theory and how to progress through those theorised stages. Theory of which implies a society is present and thus there is this ongoing relationship between self and others, and this narrative describes the balance and growth of the ego. I predict this model (Loevinger) is at least partially flawed, albeit, still very useful. This is because it is biased towards the other in the definition of ego development when to me it is relative to the individual, given that, awareness of one’s personal state is the beginning of its transmutation, like ego development, that awareness of “other” is ancillary to this process. 

Edited by possibilities

I've always kinda looked at politics as a way for people to focus on something other then fixing their own problems.  It's a way of distracting yourself and blaming others.  Everybody and their mother is an expert on politics -- yet few are an expert on optimizing their own lives.  That doesn't surprise me.  Politics is a sort of Monday morning quarterbacking or back seat driving.  It's a way to feel important without having to do anything or be held accountable for anything.  You get to feel big like you're solving big problems, but it's a façade.  You ain't doing shit but talking.  No action.  Never any action.  Anybody can shoot off at the mouth.  It's sort of the same reason why people like sports as sports fans -- it's a way to feel special without really having to do anything.  It's a flimsy way to attempt to socially elevate yourself or draw attention to yourself or make yourself appear more special than you're currently able to demonstrate or achieve in your own life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

aren't consequences relative to your state of consciousnes?

If I kick you in the mouth, is it relative to your state of consciousness?

@Inliytened1