StarStruck

Tripping on cannabis

18 posts in this topic

On this forum a lot of people talk about tripping on mushrooms but what about cannabis?

My personal experience with cannabis has been very helpful. When I don’t use it for a week or 1 or 2 I’m getting very good trips. 

It feels like during my trip a part of my brain get’s unlocked (perhaps creativity?). I’m not sure what it is but what happens in mute function (trying not to think about anything) my brain goes on overdrive and start making random revelations. 

These are all random revelations and they come not with a coherent topic but my brain jumps from one topic to another and then back trying to connect everything, and sometimes the topic doesn’t connect. Main theme is turquoise experiences and also lower stages. 

Is this what I’m doing anything productive? Cannabis is all right and everything but isn’t it numbing too? I would rather stick to mushrooms only but I only do mushrooms every 2-3 weeks so my metabolism doesn’t get used to the substance. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

Same with me. I used to call it power thinking, but with my daily use it's happening less and less. The insights that hit me are always very heart centered, so much so that it's noticeable that I don't think 'from the heart' while sober.  (not 100% true, but very noticeable) 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

cannabis is definitly psychodelic on me and expands my consciousness but most times when i smoked my mind also got quite foggy, clear and discerning thinking was not as possible like on other psychodelics, therefore others are far superior for me. Also on the following  1-2 days my mind tends to stay foggy

3 hours ago, StarStruck said:

On this forum a lot of people talk about tripping on mushrooms but what about cannabis?

My personal experience with cannabis has been very helpful. When I don’t use it for a week or 1 or 2 I’m getting very good trips. 

It feels like during my trip a part of my brain get’s unlocked (perhaps creativity?). I’m not sure what it is but what happens in mute function (trying not to think about anything) my brain goes on overdrive and start making random revelations. 

These are all random revelations and they come not with a coherent topic but my brain jumps from one topic to another and then back trying to connect everything, and sometimes the topic doesn’t connect. Main theme is turquoise experiences and also lower stages. 

Is this what I’m doing anything productive? Cannabis is all right and everything but isn’t it numbing too? I would rather stick to mushrooms only but I only do mushrooms every 2-3 weeks so my metabolism doesn’t get used to the substance. 

What variety did you try for having trips? 

Very few know that THC is a psychedelic. 

Yeah, weed is very good for heartspace. But has to be controlled by breath, and right meditation to really help you.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

My problem with cannibis is it can give me good insights but I can never seem to bring it back down to the sober mind.

I find that weed (ABV in particular) is a very good tool for contemplation. On it, I've managed to drop just about all my beliefs. The only one I'm still holding on to (albeit not voluntarily) is consciousness being 'brain stuff'.

I imagine that weed edibles would be even better, but I live in an apartment in a red state, so making cannabutter would be a bit tricky without alerting the neighbors. But with ABV, you can just take some and sprinkle on a peanut butter cracker, and you're off to the races :)

I'd much rather do psychedelics if I had access to some, but we work with what we have.

Edited by WorknMan

I have used cannabis on and off most of my life and i can tell you it is a very wise teacher when used correctly. When used too often it tends to delude you and rid you off your natural high. Use respectfully and spiritually with higher calling and true intent, it can help and heal many misalignments.

As with all psychedelics, randomness is the key as when the calling comes, it must come from a pure space. A thing to also consider is try get your hands on natural and land-raised strains or heirloom varieties that have never been manipulated or hybridized by the hand of man. These strains seem far more "psychedelic"(if you will) and have a much more natural and balanced chemical ratio THC/CBD ect.. which provide an optimal experience for the spiritual seeker/healer.

Peace <3

B R E A T H E

On 27-6-2019 at 10:07 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

@StarStruck Also make sure you write some of these insights down to see if they still resonate with you while sober.  

I did. I want to share them. Probably will create a journal thread somewhere on this forum. 

On 28-6-2019 at 2:06 AM, WorknMan said:

I find that weed (ABV in particular) is a very good tool for contemplation. On it, I've managed to drop just about all my beliefs. The only one I'm still holding on to (albeit not voluntarily) is consciousness being 'brain stuff'.

I imagine that weed edibles would be even better, but I live in an apartment in a red state, so making cannabutter would be a bit tricky without alerting the neighbors. But with ABV, you can just take some and sprinkle on a peanut butter cracker, and you're off to the races :)

I'd much rather do psychedelics if I had access to some, but we work with what we have.

What is abv?

On 27-6-2019 at 10:38 PM, Moreira said:

What variety did you try for having trips? 

Haze seems the best. 

In Tate we trust

@Anton_Pierre  I am curious as to why there are a lot of people on this forum with such a negative view on cannabis.  I thought it was common knowledge that cannabis has been consumed by many yogis and saddhus to assist with trance during meditation.  Sadhguru once acknowledged that cannabis creates a layer of distance between the self and the body.  I myself find it easier to not get lost in thought stories during Kriya if I vape right before the meditation session.  

@StarStruck ABV = Already Been Vaped.  It's what's left of your bud after vaporizing it.  Like WorkNMan said you can sprinkle this on your peanut butter.

e77ad8a8d065fe1c6ef91df2af1f3a2e.jpg

Edited by Unemployed

I find it most psychedelic in its edible form, terence mckenna has discussed the psychedelic potential of cannabis in this form in the below video. Combined with meditative practices has given me experiences on par with many of my previous experiences on LSD and psilocybin so it's not to be underestimated

Weed is a powerful tool. But it needs a lot of time to perfect the practice. Also it makes you wanna enjoy shit cause it makes everything amazing (movies, music, sex etc.) After some time you get more and more insights while being high, they just auto jump into your consciousness.

I can tell from my experience weed helped me see all the shit I did all my life. Also I became aware of the truth with the help of cannabis.

Learn how to use it for spiritual purposes. It's like psychedelics, you need to learn how to use them. Many people don't like weed cause they can't resist the urge to jump into entertainment. Also it can give you paranoia, which is worked out after some time.

Pro tip: always meditate or do yoga before you smoke weed. Or better yet, meditate while you are high. Cannabis can activate your kundalini energies quite well. Also shut off everything, all entertainment and be with yourself all alone, think, contemplate, observe and just wait. Also don't smoke everyday, take working days off of weed and enjoy it on a Saturday evening. I vaporize my herb, some friend told me it makes more of a mental weed trip. I can definitely agree with that.

Mahadev

On 9-7-2019 at 2:08 PM, inFlow said:

Weed is a powerful tool. But it needs a lot of time to perfect the practice. Also it makes you wanna enjoy shit cause it makes everything amazing (movies, music, sex etc.) After some time you get more and more insights while being high, they just auto jump into your consciousness.

I can tell from my experience weed helped me see all the shit I did all my life. Also I became aware of the truth with the help of cannabis.

Learn how to use it for spiritual purposes. It's like psychedelics, you need to learn how to use them. Many people don't like weed cause they can't resist the urge to jump into entertainment. Also it can give you paranoia, which is worked out after some time.

Pro tip: always meditate or do yoga before you smoke weed. Or better yet, meditate while you are high. Cannabis can activate your kundalini energies quite well. Also shut off everything, all entertainment and be with yourself all alone, think, contemplate, observe and just wait. Also don't smoke everyday, take working days off of weed and enjoy it on a Saturday evening. I vaporize my herb, some friend told me it makes more of a mental weed trip. I can definitely agree with that.

I’m curious how you taught yourself to use cannabis as a tool. 

In Tate we trust

Yeah, cannabis has helped me a lot and has given me several non-dual experiences. For some reason it has good effects on me. But I can't just sit if I want an insight or become conscious and aware of God without doing some focus work. Just conscious work, can't be described. 

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Yeah, cannabis has helped me a lot and has given me several non-dual experiences. For some reason it has good effects on me. But I can't just sit if I want an insight or become conscious and aware of God without doing some focus work. Just conscious work, can't be described. 

I'm conscious of God and that I am God sober but with weed I get super conscious and it feels like I understand everything. Sometimes God becomes me, looks through my eyes (happened several times). But if you are not conscious of God sober, you are not God-realized. 

For me weed was the cataylst that got me to where I am now. The longest I meditated was 3 hours I take shrooms for spiritual purposes and I tried about every way to be present in the moment. This happened in High School I ditched my friends and hopped over the fence and headed to the beach. It was just one bus ride and it took me far enough that I was the only one there. I questioned everything that day and funny enough I went back to school to go to my 5th period class which was P.E. P.E was my favorite becuase this teacher was so cool and open so I started talking to her in a way that made her tear up. I was talking about life and dreams and reasons why Im even here. This took me to intense weed smoking solo with friends taking edibles smoking till I saw visions getting high in class and selling edibles to keep up my habit. My grades were failing but I aced at one thing. Life. I found the path that was right for me and not the path my parents carved out for me. Im reaching goals I thought I would never do. Im becoming  better person everyday and the reason for this was because weed opens your mind to a different level. There are limits to weed I can tell you that much. If I were you and you want to have relevations after relevations on a consistent bases and you have some free time to reflect take an extremely high dose of any type of edible you can find. My lasy edible dose was over 1000mg I can say and it got me crying and finding blockages and emotions I havent really dealt with. You are gonna cry loud and feel pain and discomfort thats why I rarley do this. I usually microdose weed for that cognitive push. But if i want to wake my ass up I suggest doing it where your alone and no one to bother you or with somone to help you get though it. It is going to be intense but worth it in my opinion