mandyjw

The Giving Tree

401 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This verse is stuck in my lead lately. "If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles." It's one of those simple verses that needs to be contemplated for a lifetime to get its depth, similar to "Love your neighbor as yourself." 

Going one mile with resistance when asked is how most of us live our lives. Being born into this world itself is a big ask. The law of attraction teaches you to happily go two. Choose to go two. Put your soul into the work that's asked from you and do it twice as well, happily. 

When someone or something hurts you, go deeply into the sensations of it, deeply into the body. I have a hypothesis that once you become skilled at doing it, it can be contemplated on a much deeper level than before. There is no potential for insights unless you're willing to deeply feel the sensations that arise, and go to greater depth than on the surface it would seem was necessary. That's going two miles. 

Edited by mandyjw

Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 7:28 AM, mandyjw said:

 

Years before I was driving home a lonely two hour drive on rural roads and someone passed me in a very rude manner and I got furious about it. 70 miles up the road I found the remains of his car on the side of the road all burned up. I always wondered about the power of my misplaced intentions. 

Confession : I typically wish this on people who are speeding (and I already go five over speed limit) and are weaving in and out of cars. The only reason I rescind this wish is because I think of the innocents who may be in a car wreck with them. 


My Imagination is a Monastery and I am its Monk- John Keats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@seeking_brilliance Driving is a very high level spiritual practice. There are few others quite so dangerous. xD


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mandyjw said:

This verse is stuck in my lead lately. "If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles." It's one of those simple verses that needs to be contemplated for a lifetime to get its depth, similar to "Love your neighbor as yourself." 

Going one mile with resistance when asked is how most of us live our lives. Being born into this world itself is a big ask. The law of attraction teaches you to happily go two. Choose to go two. Put your soul into the work that's asked from you and do it twice as well, happily. 

When someone or something hurts you, go deeply into the sensations of it, deeply into the body. I have a hypothesis that once you become skilled at doing it, it can be contemplated on a much deeper level than before. There is no potential for insights unless you're willing to deeply feel the sensations that arise, and go to greater depth than on the surface it would seem was necessary. That's going two miles. 

 

Love with a capital "L" gives one the Impartiality and persistence of 'honey badger' minus the violence.

 

 


"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mandyjw holy shit, my best friend/employee/house sitter for next two weeks was just in a fender bender right after leaving work. Last time I reply to your angry driving posts!


My Imagination is a Monastery and I am its Monk- John Keats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@seeking_brilliance xD Oh no, sorry to your friend! 

I'm an accidental witch but my magic is just that I'll open your eyes to synchronicity but you still are the power that creates your own reality, or us as the Collective God is co-creating reality. 

I got upset by something yesterday, and it was completely unexpected where it came from. I was already very tired and in a low mood. It struck a nerve that was a really deeply ingrained and unexamined pain point, one of my remaining demons. Something in me said "that's not true", and I went into the sensations I was feeling in my body. Instead of having to sit with discomfort a while, I was surprised how quickly I saw through the illusion and felt love. I woke up today and felt revived.  

Today I noticed a car I've never seen before down the hill from the place I started going to get insights last winter where a lot of my awakening revolved around. It was a black sports car from out of state with the license plate DEMONS.

Yesterday I went for a run where I got the idea to metaphorically offer someone an apple and I got the idea for a metaphor of wolves fighting and baring their throats to one another. I used it in the conversation and then I went to pick up my son at my parent's. I have a doberman there that isn't good with my kids, so I had to give her to them but I still ADORE her. Dobermans have a way of sticking their nose up and looking up at you when they want affection, so she did that and I scritched her chin and she licked my throat. She never does that! xD

 

 


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mom forwarded me an email from her neighbor and she had this quote as her email signature. 

“All shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be well.

No matter what. “ Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416

Julian lived during the Black Death and the Peasants Revolt 

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Julian_of_Norwich

I'm going to pass out on my keyboard but I hope to study it more later. 


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the two paths?

And why is it, exactly, that this is so...

On 8/22/2019 at 6:41 AM, mandyjw said:

There is no potential for insights unless you're willing to deeply feel the sensations that arise, and go to greater depth than on the surface it would seem was necessary

 

And....what are the deepest, most personal intimate dualities, which the understanding of ‘the two paths’, reveals, clears up, alleviates?

These together will coagulate into a tremendous epiphany and meta release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What are the two paths?

And why is it, exactly, that this is so...

 

And....what are the deepest, most personal intimate dualities, which the understanding of ‘the two paths’, reveals, clears up, alleviates?

These together will coagulate into a tremendous epiphany and meta release.

The two paths are the last illusion of creation, because it seems like we have to travel to meet. Because thinking is the illusion of travel, that we are doing something to get somewhere, going into sensation brings it back to its root, and fulfillment is found to have been the case all along.

That there is ourselves and other, lack and need, fear and desire. 


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Now, the essence of vertical respiration is the alternation between prayer and benediction or grace. These two elements of vertical respiration manifest themselves in all domains of the inner life—mind, heart and will. Thus a relevant problem for the mind, which is not due to curiosity or intellectual collectionism, but rather to the thirst for truth, is fundamentally a prayer. And the illumination by which it may be followed is the corresponding benediction or grace. True suffering, also, is fundamentally always a prayer. And the consolation, peace and joy which can follow are the effects of the benediction or grace corresponding to it.

True effort of the will, i.e. one hundred percent effort, true work, is also a prayer. When it is intellectual work, it is prayer: Hallowed be thy name. When it is creative effort, it is prayer: Thy kingdom come. When it is work with a view to supplying for the material needs of life, it is prayer: Give us this day our daily bread. And all these forms of prayer in the language of work have their corresponding benedictions or graces.

Anonymous . Meditations on the Tarot (pp. 100-101). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sleepy and unfocused but inwardly terrified and desperately wanting clarity. I don't even want to admit that.  


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surrendered into the sleepiness which was nice for a moment and then a jolt to my heart made it feel like it was going to explode. 


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Yesterday I went for a run where I got the idea to metaphorically offer someone an apple and I got the idea for a metaphor of wolves fighting and baring their throats to one another. I used it in the conversation and then I went to pick up my son at my parent's. I have a doberman there that isn't good with my kids, so I had to give her to them but I still ADORE her. Dobermans have a way of sticking their nose up and looking up at you when they want affection, so she did that and I scritched her chin and she licked my throat. She never does that! xD

On 8/20/2019 at 7:28 AM, mandyjw said:

 

 

What did offering an apple mean metaphorically to you? And the wolves thing? And if I understand correctly, you brought these up in conversation with someone? 

But yes I've also had many experiences like this and can definitely see the co creation (singular but plural lol) of reality


My Imagination is a Monastery and I am its Monk- John Keats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

What did offering an apple mean metaphorically to you?

AHHHHHHH why did you ask? xD This is all so much bigger than I thought. It was the start of integration, of my spiritual life and my "regular" life, of my Christian upbringing and letting go of and being embarrassed about my religion, of masculine and feminine in my own psyche. 


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

AHHHHHHH why did you ask? 

So you'd say it 😋


My Imagination is a Monastery and I am its Monk- John Keats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@seeking_brilliance :x

On the first day of highschool, for one class we had to stand in a ring and say our name and something we liked. We had to remember and repeat each person's but I lucked out and got to go first. I was so shy, and so horrified by the idea of having to speak in front of the class. I didn't even say I much preferred to be called Mandy and couldn't even think of anything I liked to do. I wanted to say as little as I possibly could and I wanted it to be easy for people to remember so I said the first generic thing that came to mind. So I said "My name is Amanda and I like apples." The boy who was beside me was someone I would spend the next year loving and hating, equally fascinated and frustrated with and he said with a bow, "My name is Asher and I like acting." 

Memories are such bullshit. 


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that many people realize what debate and argument is or why they do it. We hash out our differences in understanding and perspective so that we can see each other clearly. The wrong intent, such as wanting to prove someone wrong without first desiring to understand them or wanting to come out on top, usually taints or ruins the whole experience. So people think that debate is a waste of time, when in reality it may be the best use of your time and effort that there is. The difference is going into conversation with honest curiosity and connection (love) for the "other".  You won't come out of it unchanged if you do that. You only get what you give. 


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I don't think that many people realize what debate and argument is or why they do it. We hash out our differences in understanding and perspective so that we can see each other clearly. The wrong intent, such as wanting to prove someone wrong without first desiring to understand them or wanting to come out on top, usually taints or ruins the whole experience. So people think that debate is a waste of time, when in reality it may be the best use of your time and effort that there is. The difference is going into conversation with honest curiosity and connection (love) for the "other".  You won't come out of it unchanged if you do that. You only get what you give. 

Whatever you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now