mandyjw

The Giving Tree

401 posts in this topic

@DrewNows Arrrggghh!!! Fine, I'll try it, just for you. I guess if I want to be like Thich Nhat Hanh and go nondual and realize myself as the pirate and the headless maiden I'll have to drink some ale. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@DrewNows Too late, challenge accepted, you have co-created and conspired with the universe to temporarily make my journal into a drinking game. 

I HATE the taste of alcohol. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

xD :ph34r: damn witch! Tricked me into being apart of this 

what are the rules? 

@DrewNows I'm the only one who gets to drink, YOU get to eat an apple. Pick the prettiest one you see. Red. Cut it in half, not vertically by the stem but in half horizontally like cutting around the equator. Look at the five pointed star/apple blossom. Eat the apple. You're a witch too now. 

"Apple is feminine in nature and ruled by Taurus, friday, and Venus."

Happy Friday! Leo is a Taurus. I'm a Libra ruled by Venus.

Cheers! 

Edited by mandyjw

BLEEEECH!!!! It smells good and tastes good for like .02 seconds and then GOOD GOD. How does anyone get drunk? 

xD I’m too busy to drink right now but I can sure be a witch, enjoy your poison 

When I get a good idea I immediately rub my eyes after. Why is that? 

I guess that this was getting set up for days but I realized that I can't ever really know somebody. I've been living based on this unconscious assumption that I can. I cannot ever really know myself. Why have I spent so much energy building this house upon the sand? 

That's one of those insights that is so easy to say and know on a surface level. The depth of it is your death. Rest in peace Mandy. 

Just now, mandyjw said:

The depth of it is your death.

That insight is awesome. 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I'm not sure I'm going to be posting much for a little while, I just got some inspiration and direction that I've been asking for for a project and I have a lot of other work to catch up on as well. Of course I never know which way the spirit will move me, so who knows. xD I love you guys, I'd love it if you want to drop by and say hi here. 

On 31.08.2019 at 1:47 PM, mandyjw said:

Good luck Mandy!

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

This was really amazing. 

Lots of connections and Easter eggs. A love of poetry! :x

Edited by mandyjw

I dreamed that there was this boy (young adult) who was starting a business giving carriage rides with horses. I had a very vague relationship with him, I have no idea what part I played in the dream but I observed him and he answered questions I asked. At one point a message in the sky was reveled and he had somehow put it there. It was symbolic but all I can remember was that it was red and white with a red heart. I asked him how he did it and he said he he made it with poisons and chemicals he had lying around, completely unconcerned. All I could think about was what was going to happen to the beautiful land underneath when it rained next. 

Then the dream switched up and I found that he had some connection with my daughter's childcare and that he was supposed to give her a ride home from a city two hours away and immediately I was very concerned and knew I didn't want to trust her with him, because he was too immature, careless and short tempered to understand her and keep her safe. 

Then the dream changed and I was with one of my husband's family members and she showed me all the beautiful things she had bought all in the color red. 

Edited by mandyjw

I had a short enlightenment experience in my sleep before the story dreams and a dream/insight that gave me understanding of the star of David, how it's formed from two triangles, one pointing up and one down. I always knew this of course, when I wanted to learn how to draw stars as a child that was the only star I could draw at first. But I never noticed the meaning of the triangle until recently.

Funny because I've been studying the occult 5 pointed star and how it represents the four elements and the fifth spirit, and how apples have a five pointed star inside, 5 petals on their blossoms and poison nightshades have five pointed petals. The bittersweet variety, like grows on Pomroy's grave, has purple flowers that turn to green berries then ripen to bright red. 

But let us return to the theme of temptation. It is threefold, as we have seen. We are able therefore to speak of three fundamental temptations which relate to the three fundamental conditions of the state of grace from paradise, or to the three vows which form the basis of all spiritual culture following the Fall: obedience, poverty and chastity. This is the practical meaning of the hexagram or the seal of Solomon . This seal is that of the memory of paradise and the Fall, i.e. it concerns the Law (Torah). For the Law is the child of paradise and the temptation.

Anonymous . Meditations on the Tarot (p. 137). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

Three vows, three temptations.

A month ago I started losing my body awareness in meditation. Not completely but it felt like I lose dimension and was becoming flat, as funny as that may sound. It stopped happening until today at the end of meditation, it happened again only this time it didn't become complete, didn't really settle out and it felt like clear weightlessness, in the top half of my body at least. During my awakening there was this weightless feeling, especially in my heart that I will never forget. 

What I did differently during meditation was I took some deep belly breaths. The Wim Hoff method seems violent to me and I have an aversion to it, even if I get great results from it. But a few deep breaths that feel good THAT'S what it's all about.

So my new routine will be to lead meditation with deep belly breaths, completely INTUITIVE ones, not trying to follow a method or sustain for an amount of time. Yesterday I discovered the other side of crow brook that flows behind the cemetery and it's magical. There are red and purple mushrooms growing there. I sat on a log fallen across the brook and just watched the sunlight on the water. I'm aware of how clumsy my sore or tight muscles make me when I want to do something precarious. I'm looking forward to studying more about how chairs are not natural and doing some of my work standing and working on imbalances with yoga. Starting to appreciate Sadhguru for this kind of thing.

I'm starting to realize more and more how the portal to oneness that really draws me in is visual. 

Edited by mandyjw

Last night I dreamed of a huge MASSIVE raven sitting directly in the center of Pomroy's step pyramid and it was staring back at me. I was terrified in a fear of God kind of way. I keep thinking of the way CS Lewis describes Aslan. 

https://tollelege.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/terrible-and-beautiful-by-c-s-lewis/

https://grimfrost.com/blogs/blog/hugin-and-munin-the-duality-of-your-mind

Hugin and Munin, clarity and paradise. 

Edited by mandyjw