Danioover9000

Is self-actualization bullshit?

34 posts in this topic

I can say 100% that Self-Actualization has given me more valuable tools for dealing with life than what I got my entire life growing up. The more you learn this stuff the more you realize how most people (not all) are just robots following old patterns, including me. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Knock Don't forget that doubt is ultimately fear. And fear is delusion.

I respect that point of view Leo, but I see it differently.

For example, I doubt I can time the financial markets, or stock pick the right stocks. So instead, I just put a little money from my payment into a diversified fund and let it be.

I have complete doubt of my investing abilities, but it is not grounded in fear. I just know that I don't know the market enough to beat it.

Doubt ≠ fear

9 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

What if I'm wrong about self-actualization?

Just don't blindly follow any teaching so you don't end in their own maze chasing their "cheese". Find the way out of your own maze. Leo's teaching is great source of understanding covering some great life topics. Google, read books, find a real life friends to talk about stuff you are interested....

@Danioover9000 If you have watch Leo video for several years then why do you only have six posts on this forum?

In the world right now, there are thousands of people who have the goal of running a marathon.
Is marathon training bullshit?

Have you seen Leo's video "Mankind is the bulshitting animal"?

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

4 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Yes, good advice. But i have a question I have seen a lot of this kind of explanation here like experiment. But dont u think people asking question regarding this are confused and have self doubt and is expecting a yes, a certainity from you people who have experience with this. 

They are going to have to overcome their doubt and confusion. Our experience with it is tailored to us. It can only do so much for you. There are already so many personal testimonies of its success. When do they quit all the theory and put it into practice? 

Edited by Shadowraix

2 hours ago, Dan502 said:

In the world right now, there are thousands of people who have the goal of running a marathon.
Is marathon training bullshit?

Have you seen Leo's video "Mankind is the bulshitting animal"?

Yes marathon is bullshit, like crossfit, because behind there is the EGO trying to feel superior to others just by athletic hability. Humans are the only animals who practices sports with ego purposes.

3 hours ago, Yahya said:

@Danioover9000 If you have watch Leo video for several years then why do you only have six posts on this forum?

because the forum is not obligatory to selfactualize. you wouldn’t probably wonder how many people never be part of the forum while stil watching the vids. i never wanted to be part of this forum, although i was fond of the vids some years ago to add some more actuality to my selfactualizing life. self actualization in that sense is not new, but realizing it can be teached online specificated as what it is with a longterm spiritual awakening goal behind is new. no connection to the forum required. although it’s certainly an interesting aspect to discuss what it ultimately is about. if we are talking about processing you are already doing it without being aware of it anyways. so you selfactualize any second any minute - question is always the content of actualization and how it is aligned with your spirituality, you can actualize yourself in so many directions that you can actualize into a monster or a human, but you always start out being a monkey.

Edited by now is forever

Why is self actualization structured this way though? I've been watching videos and reading books and doing the exercises for a couple of months because it's personal development.

Does self actualization boil down to cherry picking? Like from now until death I'm just seperating the cherries from the Hemlocks metaphorically speaking? It feels like a episode of Takishima's castle were a part of the comedic competition involved the players jumping from stone to stone avoiding the water while not knowing which stones are fake and real.

@Danioover9000

I look in the mirror and think, I need to lose 20 pounds, I need to get my teeth whitened, I need to get my hair done, I need to buy a better skin moisturizer, etc, etc. This does not feel good. Why? 

Because I am not that. This is The Misunderstanding. The feeling tells me the thoughts of identifying with the body mind are false. In misunderstanding the message of the not feeling good, I am left to believe this is true, and I see in only imperfections. 

Critically, there is no self actualization, there is only dream actualization. There is only the actuality of the Self, The Dreamer. 

The Actual Self needs no such things, is all things, and is Free to do all things. The Actual Self is the Lover of the journey of reuniting, realigning, meeting, in Well Being. The Lover of resonating in health. The Lover of alignment and inspiration, in which all things are possible. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Moreira said:

Yes marathon is bullshit, like crossfit, because behind there is the EGO trying to feel superior to others just by athletic hability. Humans are the only animals who practices sports with ego purposes.

It's true that self-actualizing could be something that a person might try and get into in order to support their ego, either consciously or unconsciously.

With the marathon analogy, I was trying to explain that if a person wants to grow and develop, they generally have to put in some work. And that work is self-actualization.

I suppose if a person tried to run a marathon and failed for whatever reason, or succeeded but didn't feel fulfilled, or was feeling philosophical, or arrived at some profound insight, then they might conclude that the experience was in some sense bullshit.

@Nahm that's a lovely message you just posted by the way.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

If you don't identify yourself with it, it is fun, but if you do it to be a better person than others, you stumbled up on ego game. Self actualization is should be done in holistic and catuation way. It is like updating your mental software. But if you messed with it, it also doesn't matter because you grow by fucking up. But I highly suggest you don't just remove everything that you believed in the past, until perfect clarity comes hold on what you believe and your old Spritual ways. It helps to servival and live socially. Also don't delete your religion or something else, you grow progressively. 

I've just processed most of my confusion. Self actualization is more complicated than I thought. Must've been some type of ego backlash I'm going through or a swirl of nihilism. Thanks for the replies though. They've been most helpful.