SQAAD

Leo, Should we even have a Self-Image? I'm Confused

40 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I "just" brought this up in another thread and instead of agreeing you said I was starting world War 3. What a hypocrite you are.

oh shit! I was 'just' replying to that thread but the action figure 'Anna1' is faster than the action figure 'Preetom' :ph34r:

(also the anti spam, posting time break protocol of this forum :()

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom okay, no problem.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

I would be in a beach alone with 100.000 beautiful women, whatever food & luxury i wanted & that's it. Why God is such a masochist

Might sound crazy & harsh, but you are that masochist, because that is actually something you could do. Lots of dudes do. 100,000 in the practical sense obviously is overkill, but you could actualize that dream. It’d be great for a bit, and you’d more deeply realize suffering, and Will. It’s a can’t lose situation.  No sense in blaming “God” btw. That would just be you, on a you, with a you infinity of you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

33 minutes ago, erik8lrl said:

@Leo Gura

If everything the ego does is for survival, then what will survival look like after you transcended the ego? How would one live?

You would be one conscious SOB.

If all desires hold the image of the ego, then how can one become desireless? Since the desire of desirelessness is in itself a desire.  

Even the act of doing nothing is for the survival of the ego, then how can one survive without the ego? 

From my experience, love/wholeness is the opposite of desire/survival, but it is very difficult to distinguish the difference when the ego can turn everything to its benefit.  How would you distinguish when you are acting from your ego or not? When everything can be used by the ego? 

There are relatives and their are Absolutes.  Absolutes are revealed to you via mystical experiences.  During the mystical experiences you ego literally dissolves and you become only the formlessness.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Might sound crazy & harsh, but you are that masochist, because that is actually something you could do. Lots of dudes do. 100,000 in the practical sense obviously is overkill, but you could actualize that dream. It’d be great for a bit, and you’d more deeply realize suffering, and Will. It’s a can’t lose situation.  No sense in blaming “God” btw. That would just be you, on a you, with a you number of you. 

Okay that's understandable. But a sneaky escape through the back door.

Why God doesn't give me the power and ability to 'enjoy' 1000000 women? Is the all powerful God that impotent? How come I have a latent desire for 1000000 women but I don't have the ability to enjoy even 1% of that? 

As Al Pacino the lucifer says, God gives humans this incredible power and gift called instincts and then He sets the rules in direct opposition for his own cosmic gag reel.

either way I, the deluded pig with the dream of 100000 women is screwed :( 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

What you really want is not to be with a woman but to be a woman. God is a hermaphrodite. 

Sorry to ruin your fantasy boys. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Preetom Callback to self image. 

This God discussion we are having is the most in depth self image discussion you'll ever find anywhere.

The very issue of all self-image dissonance is about being one thing in reality but having another different, sabotaging image of oneself while remaining oblivious to the original reality

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Be careful to not shift the ego identity pointer to God

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

So much goddamn work Leo. If i was God (i don't say that i am not) i would first & firemost know that i am God and then create whatever i want for myself. Total Paradise.

I would be in a beach alone with 100.000 beautiful women, whatever food & luxury i wanted & that's it. Why God is such a masochist?

That fantasy of mine could be theoretically  accomplished by a God who has Infinite power at his disposal. It sucks being God but not feeling like you are one lol. It sucks dreaming realities without knowing that you are doing so.

So much suffering for nothing.

This assumes external pleasures and comfort can cure internal suffering due to attachment, identification and separation. That fantasy and seeking is energy that fuels the suffering mechanism.  Imagine someone getting all the women and money they wanted and then realizing it doesn’t bring true happiness and love. And that it doesn’t cure the internal suffering of separation, attachment and identification.

Successful people are not truly happy. That fantasy is a huge trap that perpetuates the suffering of wanting to escape what is Now (and there is no escape from Now).

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

So much goddamn work Leo. If i was God (i don't say that i am not) i would first & firemost know that i am God and then create whatever i want for myself. Total Paradise.

I would be in a beach alone with 100.000 beautiful women, whatever food & luxury i wanted & that's it. Why God is such a masochist?

That fantasy of mine could be theoretically  accomplished by a God who has Infinite power at his disposal. It sucks being God but not feeling like you are one lol. It sucks dreaming realities without knowing that you are doing so.

So much suffering for nothing.

Those are only your Egoic pleasures not God's the Absolute.   He is just a little bit larger than that.  Afterall..God IS the women AND the beaches.   He already is doing all of that through you/himself, and much more.

Entertaining himself is much more challenging than that!

For him discovering himself through himself is where it's at.  And he must forget himself in order to do that.  Something without limitations must give itself limitations just to explore itself.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura Thanks for your time.

I am willing to surrender to be honest. I am tired already of my egoic problems. So much delusion, pain and suffering.

Going to be harder than expected.

Don't underestimate your ability to bullshit yourself xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, EvilAngel said:

I'm interested in this too Leo. It's like I've done things backwards. I started deconstructing my self image 16 years ago, before I had constructed a healthy ego... This led to mental illness. I've now had enlightenment experiences, yet I have never even tried to create a healthy self image, so have basically lived without an identity for the past 16 years. I'm now 32. Would you suggest that I attempt to create some sort of identity now, or just continue bringing the ox back home? Thanks. 

I would bet you already many kinds of identity. So you don't need to create it.

But what you could do is self-esteem work, shadow work, and various forms of therapy or basic self-help to make your identity less neurotic and more wholesome.

Many books exists on these topics. Go to a book store and explore their self-help section.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

53 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What you really want is not to be with a woman but to be a woman. God is a hermaphrodite. 

Sorry to ruin your fantasy boys. 

Oh boy Mandy! ?

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Oh boy Mandy! ?

@Truth Addict You mean oh boy/girl?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

That was intended :P

I like to keep it a mystery. God is confusing.

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Don't fool yourself, you're the definition of a girl xD

You're totally right though, the need for the other sex almost vanish when you integrate your complimentary side.
It's already in you, no need to get it from anywhere else !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin @Truth Addict From the Gospel of Thomas,

114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

@mandyjw Be grateful for how much equality you have in your country. Come here and you will find true hell as a woman. Women here are treated as objects from birth. You wouldn't last even for two days. You might even do some criminal activities since anger problems ?

Edited by Truth Addict