Shaun

How can I find peace?

44 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Shaun said:

I am terrified of endless reincarnation and how I will have to suffer through all sorts of horrors in future lifetimes. Leo one minute says that every atom and object is a perfect design and a universe in itself and then in another video says that none of it exists and it is all an illusion. 

It sounds like you could do with some kind of mentor on here. I'm being serious. That's a horrific thought you are having. I was going to suggest laying off Leo's videos but that would be flippant of me and not addressing potential root causes of your anxieties.

Do you have a history of catastrophising really badly or was it just triggered by these videos? I know anxiety well. But won't pretend to know your anxiety.

I'm trying to answer this from a humane perspective rather than trying to sound like I should fit in with forum etiquette on these deep philosophical issues the video raises. 

Actually yes, we should immediatly help this guy.

@Leo Gura Could answer his questions?

This guy needs help.

23 hours ago, Shaun said:

Once you fully realise and experience that you were god all along, or attain nirvana, Leo says that eventually you will get bored with it and live out all possible experiences again from the beginning.

Would this boredom imply that there's still ego of some sort left or someone to be bored?

How do you all find peace in knowing that you will all eventually experience great pain suffering from an unconscious perspective? Concentration camps, torture etc.

9 hours ago, Shaun said:

Oh, sorry about that. I'm used to replies on here from people who pretend that they have never suffered. It is just pretty bad anxiety and depression a lot of the time because I don't know what the heck reality is anymore. 

6 hours ago, Shaun said:

I am terrified of endless reincarnation and how I will have to suffer through all sorts of horrors in future lifetimes. Leo one minute says that every atom and object is a perfect design and a universe in itself and then in another video says that none of it exists and it is all an illusion. 

Stomach breath focused meditation twice a day for 30 minutes, write about sensations on paper (not thoughts or content), and you will experience a change within one month, so dramatic, that you wouldn’t even recognize this guy.

What is needed is the ability to let thinking go. To let thought stories go. Meditation is the way. 

You’re not afraid of anything you mentioned, you’re afraid of your sensations & emotions. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

Stomach breath focused meditation

Can you give us a link plz? thanks

23 hours ago, Shaun said:

Once you fully realise and experience that you were god all along, or attain nirvana, Leo says that eventually you will get bored with it and live out all possible experiences again from the beginning.

Would this boredom imply that there's still ego of some sort left or someone to be bored?

How do you all find peace in knowing that you will all eventually experience great pain suffering from an unconscious perspective? Concentration camps, torture etc.

There is a sort of a self being bored and that's the True Self and if your love and have it for eternity your get so use to it you don't feel it and  sometimes to experience love you have to loose it and find it again to feel it ones more.

I experienced mind depression the other day and i realized but i am the one watching/experiencing the depression and it went away!!! It was a shock but since then i tried it with anxiety but it did not work maybe because the first time i did not believe it and was expecting nothing to happen and now i am expecting something to happen. Give it a try maybe it will work for you. Good luck!!!

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

7 minutes ago, Joker_Theory said:

I experienced mind depression the other day 

Sorry to butt in but I've never heard the term "mind depression". Perhaps you just wrote that without it meaning anything specific. It just got me thinking about associating anxiety and depression with just the mind and not my whole being. Not sure if that makes any sense or that is what you meant as well..... 

To be honest, I am not in a good place just now. I keep getting stuck in solipsistic delusions about how I am god and my loved ones are just empty illusions like dead npc characters in a game. Maybe this isn't delusion though. I created all these people and the environment just to amuse myself but it has backfired now that I am starting to wake up and become aware of my lonliness. I am doing lots of meditation too and my mindset isn't always like  this so I plan to try mushrooms to see if they can show me where I have gone wrong. I haven't had any nondual experiences yet. 

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

2 hours ago, Bill W said:

Sorry to butt in but I've never heard the term "mind depression". Perhaps you just wrote that without it meaning anything specific. It just got me thinking about associating anxiety and depression with just the mind and not my whole being. Not sure if that makes any sense or that is what you meant as well..... 

oh sorry was a typo, i meant mild depression. My bad.

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

1 minute ago, Joker_Theory said:

oh sorry was a typo, i meant mild depression. My bad.

It's a weird one, as I now am kind of inventing in my head "mind depression". I'm actually not taking the piss about your typo. It genuinely got me thinking! 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

To be honest, I am not in a good place just now. I keep getting stuck in solipsistic delusions about how I am god and my loved ones are just empty illusions like dead npc characters in a game. Maybe this isn't delusion though. I created all these people and the environment just to amuse myself but it has backfired now that I am starting to wake up and become aware of my lonliness. I am doing lots of meditation too and my mindset isn't always like  this so I plan to try mushrooms to see if they can show me where I have gone wrong. I haven't had any nondual experiences yet. 

Contemplation can have benefits, yet getting too immersed in thought stories can be counter-productive. Sometimes it’s nice to give the thinking mind a break. Go for a walk, spend time in nature, do some yoga etc.  Get back to what is happening Now.

Just now, Bill W said:

It's a weird one, as I now am kind of inventing in my head "mind depression". I'm actually not taking the piss about your typo. It genuinely got me thinking! 

I know you weren't making fun of me and you bring up a good point. i usually feel it in the gut and mind. My spiritual teacher told me that it actually is creative energy that the minds interprets it as depression cause it's like a delusion.

One must go deep into the feeling of it and when the minds interprets it as depression one should see through the illusion and notice you cant trust your mind. Feel what the sensation is like vibration or whatever you feel rather than labeling it.  Also, notice that it comes and goes and does not stay that long unless we cling to it.

33 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Very good. You're starting to notice how your way of thinking is influencing your emotions.

There is a stage of GOD realization in which we may feel solipsistic. It's an advanced ego trap!

Here's some food for thought: what if every person, every being and every atom is the source of Reality itself? Are you able to digest such paradox?

unborn Truth

Like i said before a person should also try to zoom out and know your the one that is observing it but that could be detachment which could be a form of separation. Does not go to the root of the problem but you can move from the state of detachment when observing the sensation  gets unbearable and the state of going deeper into the sensation.

Edited by Joker_Theory

36 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Very good. You're starting to notice how your way of thinking is influencing your emotions.

There is a stage of GOD realization in which we may feel solipsistic. It's an advanced ego trap!

Here's some food for thought: what if every person, every being and every atom is the source of Reality itself? Are you able to digest such paradox?

Let's just hope it's a passing fad. I'm still listening to one of his videos and he is going on about chains of causation right back to the big bang but other nondualists say that never happened.

When people like @Joseph Maynor say stuff like "you're all alone in existence and that everything you care deeply about in Experience and Thought is a total illusion (dead )" That really fucks with my head.

36 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Hmm, that was my previous understanding but it sounds a lot like the materialist paradigm.

Let's just see how the mushrooms go when I try them next month. I will try a gram then move on to 2.

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

24 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Let's just see how the mushrooms go when I try them next month. I will try a gram then move on to 2.

Have you done mushrooms before? Are they what's included in the group called psychedelics? I don't know shit about that to be honest. I'm not criticising or preaching, but I don't see any of the advice here to include using these substances and three mod's have given an input.

I don't know (maybe others can advise).... is it indicated to use these substances if you are in this mental black hole? Shaun has already informed us his mental state is not good and he has worries about what everything means etc. 

Could the mushrooms do any damage? I'm just putting it out there..... 

When someone says "I'm not in a good place" it rings alarm bells, especially in the context of the other posts Shaun has made. 

Or am I like a neurotic mother here? I have experience using substances but not these kind. 

EDIT: Okay, you said you will try them next month, that reassures me a bit that it's not an impulsive action! 

Edited by Bill W

22 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Have you done mushrooms before? Are they what's included in the group called psychedelics? I don't know shit about that to be honest. I'm not criticising or preaching, but I don't see any of the advice here to include using these substances and three mod's have given an input.

I don't know (maybe others can advise).... is it indicated to use these substances if you are in this mental black hole? Shaun has already informed us his mental state is not good and he has worries about what everything means etc. 

Could the mushrooms do any damage? I'm just putting it out there..... 

When someone says "I'm not in a good place" it rings alarm bells, especially in the context of the other posts Shaun has made. 

Or am I like a neurotic mother here? I have experience using substances but not these kind. 

EDIT: Okay, you said you will try them next month, that reassures me a bit that it's not an impulsive action! 

It's more of a last ditch attempt to get past all of my conceptualising and have some form of experience of what everyone speaks about on here. I took 5.5 wet grams of cubensis mushrooms when I was in a far worse mental state, that equals 0.55 dried grams. The trip brought me back to life, I lit up with joy and could recall loads of memories on demand from childhood. At times in this trip, my face would go blank and a deep despair would arise but it passed again. The next day, I was back to the same shitty state as usual, no worsening or improvement.

@Shaun Don’t you mean the same shitty psychology?  Did something actually happen which caused your state? No. You recreated it. These old thinking patterns would be replaced with joy from 30 minutes of meditation, twice a day. You should take every minute you spend on the forum, and spend it on getting stable (realizing you are the awareness of thoughts / no longer believing thoughts). 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

When people like @Joseph Maynor say stuff like "you're all alone in existence and that everything you care deeply about in Experience and Thought is a total illusion (dead )" That really fucks with my head.

It’s like you’re watching a horrific movie while complaining about the effect it’s having on you. Turn it off. If someone’s comment online fucks with your head, in a place of talking about “last resorts”, then turn it off and focus on your well being. More thinking is not helping you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 hours ago, Shaun said:

I'm sorry this is. It something I know very much about.