ImHooper

If life is a dream then why treat people with love?

37 posts in this topic

If this is just a Dream and nothing really has a purpose why should I be nice to people if it’s truly me? What I mean is being mean to another version of myself doesn’t matter because none of this means anything. Also secondly Alan Watts says when you die the same experience happens as you being born. So after you physically die you just   simultaneously become a baby? He says there has to be someone around .

Alan explained reincarnation from buddhist perspective i think. Go check out the new leo video "What is the point of life?" It can help you .

Edited by arlin

Life is not a dream.

It is dangerous to operate by that concept.

Even if it is a dream, to label life as a dream is dangerous and disrespectful to your human experience.

You owe it yourself to act as if life is just is.

If we begin assuming and saying "its all a dream" then you are also tossing out your responsibility to exist on this planet.

Be a person. Youre not dead yet.

19 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

Life is not a dream.

It is dangerous to operate by that concept.

Even if it is a dream, to label life as a dream is dangerous and disrespectful to your human experience.

You owe it yourself to act as if life is just is.

If we begin assuming and saying "its all a dream" then you are also tossing out your responsibility to exist on this planet.

Be a person. Youre not dead yet.

why it is dangerous ?

it depend our concept of dream.

I call it a physical dream with rules.

but I don't believe in free will, even after full awareness, being full aware is made by nature will, not our will.

and all will is the modulation of the source will of ourself.

so we don't choose anything, not what we learn, not what we do, not even what we think.

I even believe that technology is totaly the product of nature

ps : I don't understand your concept of "being a person", not even "maturity" they are all relative point fixed in nothingness

"I am, therefore, there is"

ps : in the meantime, I never believe all my thoughts story, they are currently my best key for unscripting reality

Edited by Aeris

42 minutes ago, Aeris said:

why it is dangerous ?

it depend our concept of dream.

I call it a physical dream with rules.

but I don't believe in free will, even after full awareness, being full aware is made by nature will, not our will.

and all will is the modulation of the source will of ourself.

so we don't choose anything, not what we learn, not what we do, not even what we think.

I even believe that technology is totaly the product of nature

ps : I don't understand your concept of "being a person", not even "maturity" they are all relative point fixed in nothingness

"I am, therefore, there is"

ps : in the meantime, I never believe all my thoughts story, they are currently my best key for unscripting reality

I do not understand any points you are making nor am sure if you are asking me to respond.

Life is a dream?

When I cut your finger off with a samurai sword, and the blood stains the carpet, I shall just utter to you, "Its all a dream. There is no pain."

That is a hypothetical metaphor.

If someone comes at you with a samurai sword, you need to run or fight back.

Saying "Ah well its just a dream anyways" is just a drop out excuse from life.

Life is a dream? Fine. But it should make zero difference to your day to day conduct.

If it is a dream, the 'this dream' needs to be respected by Earth Rules.

Therefore, what logic or merit is there in analysing whether we are in a dream or not?

It is dangerous to assume this life is a dream. Because then you begin to get complacent and your self-worth is destroyed slowly.

It is akin to Nihilism. Very dangerous idea to entertain.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

I do not understand any points you are making nor am sure if you are asking me to respond.

Life is a dream?

When I cut your finger off with a samurai sword, and the blood stains the carpet, I shall just utter to you, "Its all a dream. There is no pain."

That is a hypothetical metaphor.

If someone comes at you with a samurai sword, you need to run or fight back.

Saying "Ah well its just a dream anyways" is just a drop out excuse from life.

Life is a dream? Fine. But it should make zero difference to your day to day conduct.

If it is a dream, the 'this dream' needs to be respected by Earth Rules.

Therefore, what logic or merit is there in analysing whether we are in a dream or not?

It is dangerous to assume this life is a dream. Because then you begin to get complacent and your self-worth is destroyed slowly.

It is akin to Nihilism. Very dangerous idea to entertain.

just our conceptual framework to limit the idea of a dream is different.

sure maybe life is not " a dream " like "you" conceptualize it from your perspective

life is probably re-thinking more close of a sandbox video game with hardcore mode

Edited by Aeris

8 hours ago, ImHooper said:

If this is just a Dream and nothing really has a purpose why should I be nice to people if it’s truly me? What I mean is being mean to another version of myself doesn’t matter because none of this means anything. Also secondly Alan Watts says when you die the same experience happens as you being born. So after you physically die you just   simultaneously become a baby? He says there has to be someone around .

This is something you need to figure out through your own work and becoming more conscious.

Right now it seems you are just operating on what other people say instead of verifying it for yourself.

The answer to any 'why' is because you want to. The more conscious you become, the more you WANT to love people.

Life may be a dream but this dream is as close to real as real gets. If the dream had no impact on the ego you then perhaps you could dismiss it like a video game. 

If life is "just" a dream, why not make it the best dream you can? Why make it the worst thing imaginable by treating others (and therefore yourself) like shit? Love is what makes the dream beautiful.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

Because you will shorten your lifespan is that simple.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@ImHooper you're free to do whatever, as long as you're willing to accept the consequences. being rude attracts rudeness. being kind attracts kindness.

don't allow the term "dream" to confuse you. it's a dream because it's just as magical as a dream.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

Have you already stopped, talked to an homeless people with an open heart then give him some money to help him afterwards ?

If you did, then you'll know why.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It makes zero difference and zero utility to think of life as a dream or video game.

Do not escape from this life based on that thinking. It is a cop out.

Assume like is not a dream, and you attitude will change. You will feel healthier and stronger.

But each to their own. If people here assume and have just swallowed the spoonfed idea that life is a dream without actually checking it out for themselves, then I am worried.

16 hours ago, ImHooper said:

With a dream, there is no aspect or character in the dream that isn't yourself. So, if you aren't nice to people in the dream then you're choosing not to be nice to yourself. Would that really make any sense when you likely desire others to be nice to you? And do you really have such complete clarity to identify the mean things done to you as coming from yourself just messing around?

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

17 hours ago, ImHooper said:

If this is just a Dream and nothing really has a purpose why should I be nice to people if it’s truly me?

Who told you to be nice?

You dont have to be nice. Just be ImHooper.

23 hours ago, Shin said:

Have you already stopped, talked to an homeless people with an open heart then give him some money to help him afterwards ?

If you did, then you'll know why.

I told him he was god, and so why the fuck he is sit on his ass,

let's be real, begging is the worst thing you can do,

sell drug or hit someone richer, go take what is yours by birthright

throw down your morality and get up

the guy check me 5 and thank me for my infinite wisdom

Edited by Aeris

23 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

It makes zero difference and zero utility to think of life as a dream or video game.

Do not escape from this life based on that thinking. It is a cop out.

Assume like is not a dream, and you attitude will change. You will feel healthier and stronger.

But each to their own. If people here assume and have just swallowed the spoonfed idea that life is a dream without actually checking it out for themselves, then I am worried.

of course it does, you absolutely don't care or get triggered by anything non related to your situation, because it's all a creation of mind, all thoughts, all experiences is just a projection, an idea, you are a "taking idea machine."

at first entering this door is painful, because what you need to be perfectly aimed toward a goal is focus on yourself

Means you should be a samurai on his road, I have no time or compassion for matter that ain't mine.

if donald trump decide to kill gay people, I m not gay, in absolute, I totaly don't care. ( but from an egoic self surviving point of view it could be not good for my "freedom" )

animals die, humans die, planet dies, whatever, maybe it never existed, and maybe time is an illusion, so what has never lived, never die.

Now I know what you think, that's fucking egoic to not care for anything but yourself, TADA yes indeed but I have a lot of contemplation work to do before integrating this "mindset" that's for me the real self actualized work.

I m not responsible for the situation of the world, and never I will be. If people die by billions, I m not triggered, I m an observer. I can act, but not to save the world, so I should take care of my business, getting power to maybe one day "being an absolute truth for wisdom and society"

it's not by loosing time on jerking off on matter not in my sight, and so outside of myself that I'll empower anything anyway.

I m responsible of only one sure thing, control of my mind.

call that egoistic, it would be the same that you telling the guy living on an island that he is a jerk because he doesn't appreciate the political data of USA. No you don't understand, you choose to focus every second, and all thoughts, ALL OF THEM, are your responsability.

What you take in, what you take off, how you decide to see things.

no, when you live on the road, it's only you & the road, fuck the mass ego, if you protect something, it's only your ego/or society ego you live in, because you protect what your ego pretend to need in this world, difference between what you need, and what I need.

the only difference maybe between me & others is how I m triggered by data. I did work for years to not be triggered by anything, I read things that put me in a litteral PTSD, I fighted all the worst idea you can ever imagine.

I got more energy and no more care for the thought story from others/mine.

for me the absolute is what I experience in the "physical", not through a scam story, or it is "my" story.

I still use a lot of abstracts concepts, but I don't cling to them as a banner of truth, anyway, even with a banner of truth everyone would still see whatever he wants on the banner

Edited by Aeris

I'm with Johnny Bravo on this one in terms of his seemingly pragmatic approach. I won't go so far as to say believing life is a dream is dangerous, because I don't know about that. 

I'm all for life being a dream if that's what you want to believe. If that helps you.

I know if I ever call the Police, Paramedics or Fire Department I hope they don't start thinking life is a dream, well not until they have come to my rescue first at least. If I call 999 or 911 and they said "relax, life is but a dream", I'd be pretty pissed.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:47 PM, Aeris said:

let's be real, begging is the worst thing you can do,

I hope your not a Judge or a Lawyer. 

@ImHooper Your thinking about this whole thing is precisely backwards.

It would not be love if it was coerced or mandated.

The whole point of love is that's totally free and optional. No one forces God to love, love is chosen freely.

Love is its own point and reward. If you expect a reward for loving, or a punishment for not-loving, then you're not actually loving a thing, you're being coerced.

God does not coerce anyone. You are totally free to be monster and kill everyone on the planet. The point is, if you were conscious and intelligent you would never do that, you would choose love instead. Not because there is some external reason, but simply because a conscious person chooses to be Good, chooses to be Love, because that's what he wants to be.

If you learn that life is a dream and this makes you eager to go on a killing spree, that shows us your true colors. That shows us your level of consciousness. A highly conscious person would choose to love even in a dream, because love is true colors.

You choose to be love because you want to be love not because you have to be love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.