Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Is Sex a Need or a Desire?

36 posts in this topic

Leo said in one of his video that sex is a core biological need.

How can you reconcile that if you want to practice no/fap & celibacy? 

It seems like you go againsts your nature & possible create some pathologies

Edited by SQAAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, for 99% of people celibacy will create pathologies and goes against our nature. If you suppress the sex drive it's apt to leak out in all kinds of ugly ways. I believe that most people are better off channeling it into expressions of sexual passion with someone they love.

There are exceptions.


How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go no fap your body will release excess sperm in your sleep, through your urine. That's biology, body knows what to do, when to do. Fapping everyday is just a compulsion it's not biology. 


Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Salvijus

30 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

If you go no fap your body will release excess sperm in your sleep, through your urine. That's biology, body knows what to do, when to do. Fapping everyday is just a compulsion it's not biology. 

After many days of nofap i ejaculate in my sleep while dreaming.

Edited by SQAAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Salvijus

After many days of nofap i ejaculate in my sleep while dreaming.

That's normal. That's the way it should be. I tried resisting not to ejaculate in my sleep and i got balls pain. Doctor told me unless your body finds a way to release excess sperm it will cause pain. 


Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Salvijus

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That's normal. That's the way it should be. I tried resisting not to ejaculate in my sleep and i got balls pain. Doctor told me unless your body finds a way to release excess sperm it will cause pain. 

Ok so if i practice nofap for years is it safe & in my "biology" / "normal"? 

I ask because i am serious about doing at least 1 year nofap/no sex. It's a goal of mine.

I notice very positive effects when i am on nofap mode.

Only side effect is i get very horny after few weeks BUT even when i have sex or fap the lust never goes away.

Edited by SQAAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly dont see the point of forcing yourself and torturing yourself against your compulsions like this. 

Rather find a way to dissolve your compulsions. For this there are legit methods and techniques. If you simply manage your harmone activity you wont even have to fight it. So much so that you can spend months not even having any thougths about masturbating. That's how I did it. I went for almost a year masturbating maybe once in 2-3months. I even got pain of excess sperm in me. and i never even tried to do no fap. It's just natural if you do something like yoga (real yoga) or vippasana or something that dissolves compulsions or balances your hormonal activity. Not many techniques can do that tho. Some techniques just raise your awareness or mindfulness without doing much about your compulsions. 

Simply resisting something all your life maybe is safe.. But what a torturious way of living... 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need/desire is a duality.

You are the one defining them. Whatever you say is a need becomes a need.

Strictly speaking there is no need to do anything. You could just lay down and die. There is not even a need to live.

Practically speaking, sex is one of the most powerful human drives. Good luck ignoring it. It's designed to be unignorable.

By saying that sex is a need all we're saying is: it's a core biological drive which dominates human survival. It can be overcome, but not easily, and not through something as simplistic as NoFap. You might as well be practicing NoShit.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it's a desire because you can survive without it. But the more you do it the more you feel like you need it.


Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura hahaha 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

not through something as simplistic as NoFap. You might as well be practicing NoShit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Need/desire is a duality.

You are the one defining them. Whatever you say is a need becomes a need.

Strictly speaking there is no need to do anything. You could just lay down and die. There is not even a need to live.

Practically speaking, sex is one of the most powerful human drives. Good luck ignoring it. It's designed to be unignorable.

By saying that sex is a need all we're saying is: it's a core biological drive which dominates human survival. It can be overcome, but not easily, and not through something as simplistic as NoFap. You might as well be practicing NoShit.

a need to live is aswell at the core of the biologic, fucking designer. but it can probably be fucked yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

 

By saying that sex is a need all we're saying is: it's a core biological drive which dominates human survival. It can be overcome, but not easily, and not through something as simplistic as NoFap. You might as well be practicing NoShit.

@Leo Gura  Lol xD 

What can i practice to overcome sex?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura  Lol xD 

What can i practice to overcome sex?

varys.jpg.480x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aeris

2 minutes ago, Aeris said:

varys.jpg.480x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg

Should i become a monk?

I don't want to yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

 

By saying that sex is a need all we're saying is: it's a core biolgical drive which dominates human survival. It can be overcome, but not easily, and not through something as simplistic as NoFap. You might as well be practicing NoShit.

Hahahahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It can be overcome, but not easily, and not through something as simplistic as NoFap.

I want to overcome my sex desire so where do i start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did someone tell you that's what you should do? Are you avoiding rejection? Is it an addiction that's ruining your life? Why deny a core aspect of being human?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SQAAD I think contemplating these sexuality / personality issues can be helpful. Yet I would focus on deconstructing and dissolving these conditioned thought stories that keep recurring. I would be careful not to build the stories even bigger and get more immersed into them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ivory

46 minutes ago, ivory said:

Did someone tell you that's what you should do? Are you avoiding rejection? Is it an addiction that's ruining your life? Why deny a core aspect of being human?

I am not denying/suppresing or avoiding anything. Having sex/masturbating is overrated. It gives you a temporary pleasure & then you want to do it all over again. It never truly satisfies me.

I just want to transcend it & be able to control it much better so it doesn't run my life.

Also i want to accomplish 1 year of nofap/no sex because i notice tremendous benefits with semen retention. The positive effects are so big that it's not even funny.

Edited by SQAAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0