Ponder

Enlightenment and Suffering

264 posts in this topic

giphy.gif

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 hours ago, David Hammond said:

It took me 10 years to become enlightened. I've done the work. You haven't. That's why I know so much about my experience and can help others. But you can't lead a horse to water. Foolish kid who hasn't grown up is your thoughts. That's how you process your reality. You have no emotional intelligence to actually see what I am, you have no awareness of your own emotions in relation to me as an ego. You just have your unfinished business, social conditioning and hate on me because I don't live upto your ideas. 

Still lacks a lot of tact and compassion in order to be an effective teacher.

Don't use the excuse that your personality can't be changed, maybe the very core, but otherwise it's just a big fat lie.

If you can't see that, then you're fooled by your ego right now.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Yes what he is describing by jumping between God and Ego at will - that is artificial enlightenment which is his Ego the entire time deceiving itself.

But hey - if in his perspective it works for him then let him be happy.  It's all good in the hood but let's not confuse it with the Absolute.  Its ego disguised as the Absolute.

See how tricky this stuff is.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Ego doesn't hate. Ego is Love for self. There is nothing other in existance then Love. That's all there is. 

13 minutes ago, Shin said:

Still lacks a lot of tact and compassion in order to be an effective teacher.

Don't use the excuse that your personality can't be changed, maybe the very core, but otherwise it's just a big fat lie.

If you can't see that, then you're fooled by your ego right now.

The personality canmot be changed. It can soften with time. But I have only just recently become permanently enlightened. When you become enlightened all you can do is accept yourself. Change happens by itself. But I literally cannot "change" me because that would be nonsensical. I've already said I'm a shitty teacher. I'm not nahm, he and I had different experiences and parents. Ask him if you are not sure, he will tell you that personality is perfect as it is. I don't hate anyone because I dug into the shit and saw my own reflection. How can I hate anyone now? No one on this planet can upset me because I'm  the worst of them and the best of them. 

The only way you can describe reality is not two but not one either. One implies another. One isn't even happening, nothing is happening. No other way to explain it.. 

@David Hammond that's good.  But notice our posts above.  Saying you are jumping between God and Ego at will is the Ego disguising itself as God. 

If you have truly had a mystical experience - a non-dual experience in which you became conscious of Absolute Truth or various facets of it - then you shouldn't lie and say you can jump between states at will..that's nonsense..  The only way that happens is the Ego disguising itself as the Absolute.  Its fabrication.  But of course the irony is you are not even conscious that you are deceiving yourself.  You actually believe it.  Your caught in your own deception.  Otherwise it wouldn't be a successful deception.  It's Total.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

The personality canmot be changed. It can soften with time. But I have only just recently become permanently enlightened. When you become enlightened all you can do is accept yourself. Change happens by itself. But I literally cannot "change" me because that would be nonsensical. I've already said I'm a shitty teacher. I'm not nahm, he and I had different experiences and parents. Ask him if you are not sure, he will tell you that personality is perfect as it is. I don't hate anyone because I dug into the shit and saw my own reflection. How can I hate anyone now? No one on this planet can upset me because I'm  the worst of them and the best of them. 

The only way you can describe reality is not two but not one either. One implies another. One isn't even happening, nothing is happening. No other way to explain it.. 

I don't find that to be true in my experience.

As long as I have the vision for it, and the awareness necessary to understand why I want to change, I can become whatever I want.

It's not because you can see that everything is fine, that you don't want to grow and change anymore, on the contrary, you want it even more, just not for a neurotic reason anymore.

God is love

And God in them

22 minutes ago, Shin said:

I don't find that to be true in my experience.

As long as I have the vision for it, and the awareness necessary to understand why I want to change, I can become whatever I want.

It's not because you can see that everything is fine, that you don't want to grow and change anymore, on the contrary, you want it even more, just not for a neurotic reason anymore.

But you're not enlightened. Until you get there you won't understand. I know it's cheesy but it's the truth. 

1 minute ago, David Hammond said:

But you're not enlightened. Until you get there you won't understand. I know it's cheesy but it's the truth. 

You are not enlightened either so stop with all this nonsense and do the work to get "there". Eat some ? they are indeed awesome. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Just now, David Hammond said:

If you say so, but that looks like a limiting belief you're telling yourself.

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

If you say so, but that looks like a limiting belief you're telling yourself.

Why are you trying to change me? Lamo! What is it with you? This should be the first thing that goes even after one non dual experience.. yet here you are hammering on

1 minute ago, David Hammond said:

Why are you trying to change me? Lamo! What is it with you? This should be the first thing that goes even after one non dual experience.. yet here you are hammering on

I see possible bullshit, I speak.

Don't care if you change or not, that's up to you, I don't even know if it is a real flaw or just me imagine things.

I'm not enlightened nor trying to sound like it, so I don't know what you're talking about.

God is love

And God in them

7 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

You are not enlightened either so stop with all this nonsense and do the work to get "there". Eat some ? they are indeed awesome. 

If I eat bananas will I become enlightened? ?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

You are perfect Shin. You have no flaws. No I am not hitting on you. David is too Just he is so blind to his own bullshit(mods notice). He doesn't know and it is ok to don't know and accept it. 

10 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

You are not enlightened eatiher so stop with all this nonsense and do the work to get "there". Eat some ? they are indeed awesome. 

Let's take a moment to reflect on this situation. 

You're telling me what to do. Literally forcing me to live upto your ideals when we have evidence in this thread that you are delusional and an ego who had an experience of your true self. 

You're the Zen devil here

In just going about my business. The only thing I said is that I'm enlightened and now all hell has broken lose.

I've never forced anything on anyone here. I'm the most peaceful nicest sweetest guy you will ever meet. Everyone who knows me thinks I'm great company and I'm humble. I accept everyone for what they are. 

How does that make me a devil? 

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

I see possible bullshit, I speak.

Don't care if you change or not, that's up to you, I don't even know if it is a real flaw or just me imagine things.

I'm not enlightened nor trying to sound like it, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I know you're not enlightened. It's ok. 

Bullshit is everywhere. Do you speak your suspicions everywhere? Why not make peace with the universe? It's all you any way? Why fight it? Make peace with yourself and you will find that you really don't care what people say. At this point you do care and are pretending to not care. So the bullshitter is you. It's all you. 

6 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

I know you're not enlightened. It's ok. 

Bullshit is everywhere. Do you speak your suspicions everywhere? Why not make peace with the universe? It's all you any way? Why fight it? Make peace with yourself and you will find that you really don't care what people say. At this point you do care and are pretending to not care. So the bullshitter is you. It's all you. 

I don't care xD

If I were at your place I would want to know if I was bullshitting myself that's all.
Because when you do bullshit yourself, you're suffering and If I can avoid that for someone I do.

It's not because you say you're enlightened and fine that people will believe you, and even if it was the case, that would still not mean you weren't making you suffer by being deluded.

And this excuse that everything is perfect and there is nothing to do is total bullshit,
If that was true, a guy like Sadhguru would stay in its house meditating all day, yet he's entering politic.
Eckart Tolle has a fundation to spread non-dual teaching with other popular people.
The Dalai Lama make lots of speach everywhere.

You're only using this excuse as a defense mechanism :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

5 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

Let's take a moment to reflect on this situation. 

You're telling me what to do. Literally forcing me to live upto your ideals when we have evidence in this thread that you are delusional and an ego who had an experience of your true self. 

You're the Zen devil here

No I am not zen devil I am Magical unicorn. JOKE aside,I am not pushing my ideals on you I am Just helping you out and point you what you are missing. Accept the fact that you are STILL not enlightened, yet. When you become IT you Will know it. 

In just going about my business. The only thing I said is that I'm enlightened and now all hell has broken lose.

You said it, you think you are but didn't become it. See? 

I've never forced anything on anyone here. I'm the most peaceful nicest sweetest guy you will ever meet. Everyone who knows me thinks I'm great company and I'm humble. I accept everyone for what they are. 

Yeah and that is what lead you to be here. 

How does that make me a devil? 

9 minutes ago, Shin said:

I don't care xD

If I were at your place I would want to know if I was bullshitting myself that's all.
Because when you do bullshit yourself, you're suffering and If I can avoid that for someone I do.

It's not because you say you're enlightened and fine that people will believe you, and even if it was the case, that would still not mean you weren't making you suffer by being deluded.

And this excuse that everything is perfect and there is nothing to do is total bullshit,
If that was true, a guy like Sadhguru would stay in its house meditating all day, yet he's entering politic.
Eckart Tolle has a fundation to spread non-dual teaching with other popular people.
The Dalai Lama make lots of speach everywhere.

You're only using this excuse as a defense mechanism :)

You're trying to change me.

This is about you, not me. 

@Shin I am talking about the personality. That's perfect and needs to hear that it's perfect

You dont respect me because you don't respect yourself. 

Until you learn to love.eveything about you like a child then you won't understand.

Yeah I need to organize my house and take out the trash. Chop wood carry water, but not the same attitude towards my person.