Ponder

Enlightenment and Suffering

264 posts in this topic

To YOU. Ok you cleared your mind but what about your heart? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity Do you know there is a button that you can press to make sure the person you are addressing gets your question.. otherwise we don't get notified and you might think you're being ignored.

Or you can quote. It does the same thing.

My heart is fine. 

How is yours? 

Enlightenment is not about mastering your breathing technique. Yes it has a lot to do with Breaking subject object duality but it is much more about purity of your heart. 

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

Enlightenment is not about mastering your breathing technique. Yes it has a lot to do with Breaking subject object duality but it is much more about purity of your heart. 

Nobody has said that enlightenment = mastering a breathing technique. Mastering the breathing technique RESULTS in permanent enlightenment.

My heart is pure.

Enlightenment is God realization. You directly becoming it. It is not living in the Now. 

@zeroISinfinity

Look ^^^^

It's a notification button!

..at least address your master with some notification so that he doenst feel insignificant. 

So instead of boasting how enlightened you are start doing ACTUAL work to "attain it". 

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Enlightenment is God realization. You directly becoming it. It is not living in the Now. 

There is no God in Buddhism. So you're essoetially saying that the Buddah wasn't enlightened. Because he never spoke of a God. But I know what you mean by "God" but Buddah awakened to emptiness..

Careful guys - we don't want yet another Non-duality war here...

Frankly I'm too tired from the one yesterday to have another one :)

If he says he's enlightened just take him at his word - it's not worth it frankly guys.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, zeroISinfinity said:

So instead of boasting how enlightened you are start doing ACTUAL work to "attain it". 

What's wrong with boasting? 

Yes Buddha realized himself as "Nothingness".Once you become really enlightened you Will know what "emptiness" really is. 

Yes Buddha realized himself as "Nothingness".Once you become really enlightened you Will know what "emptiness" really is. 

I have become enlightened. I can show you how to do it. Watch the breath for at least 48 minutes without having a thought. It results in permanent enlightenment. 

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

If he says he's enlightened just take him at his word - it's not worth it frankly guys.

No, she's got every right to not believe me. Never take anything on board, even if an enlightened master says it, unless it corresponds with common sense and reason.

The Buddah (500 AD)

Just now, David Hammond said:

I have become enlightened. I can show you how to do it. Watch the breath for at least 48 minutes without having a thought. It results in permanent enlightenment. 

No you didn't sorry to break it to you bud. To become enlightened you die. You really do not get it. There is no sense of self, awareness of anything you become "nothigness" 

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Damn! I missed that one!

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@David Hammond It was a joke....just that fact that you asked "Whats wrong with Boasting" shows me that you are not Awakened and have no idea what you are talking about.

But it's not worth my time honestly.  I just hope no one buys into your BS.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There is no sense of self, awareness of anything you become "nothigness" 

I agree :) but the buddah wasn't in  a permanent non dual state. Permanent enlightenment is different to a non dual state. Nobody can live like that, it would confuse you as you would have no boundaries. But Buddah became enlightened in his 30s and went onto teach enlightenment for another 50 years. 

People really do not get this. Enlightenment is scariest thing you Will ever do in your life. It is full blown death. Not something you want to do every day really.