Lister

Need some help with this one please

160 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Why is it that you don't have access to that bliss now, during the waking hours? What has occurred?

Awareness was not understood by the mind. It's the minds fault for getting busy with the waking dream and the dream state dream. Awareness had always been there, free from phenomenal existence. Free from time. Awareness is ever present, that is reality, the phenomenal world is a story. I'm not sure why it's there or what it's doing there, but awareness has nothing to do with it. 

That's where I'm at currently. I cannot see how non dual awareness has anything to do with time/ mind / world / dream / phenomena. 

@FoxFoxFox Only mind can recognize awareness. Not as a thought, but as the whole entity of world and mind are seen as one. 

Minds assumption before was that there was mind + world, and that mind and world were seperate. But now I see that mind and world are not seperate, they are the same thing = phenomena. A unified field. 

Awareness is not part of that dualistic phenomenal world, awareness is non dual, the silent watcher with no qualities. 

15 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

What is your direct experience when you are with other people or out in nature? What is the actual direct experience prior to any of the thought stories?

My mind-body is highly empathic in it's direct experience. The story of Solipsism is sooo far away from the direct experience. I have had a few encounters with Solipsism and my mind-body finds it disturbing a- it does not resonate with that story at all.

I feel great empathy for others and nature but that may be an illusion as what other is there to feel empathy for? 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Lister Follow the mind back to its source and it will disappear. Silence and peace are your guides. 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

I feel great empathy for others and nature. . .  (but that may be an illusion as what other is there to feel empathy for)

I would get in touch with that direct experience of the present moment, rather than getting immersed into the thoughts stories that follow. To me, it sounds like you are off balance toward groundless and could use some grounding.

1 hour ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Lister Follow the mind back to its source and it will disappear. Silence and peace are your guides. 

I've heard this before. It doesn't make sense to me.

You're suggesting that I do something. Who are you speaking to? Awareness or lister? Because awareness cannot do anything. It does not follow. It is choicless and is ever present and still. So the entity that is going to follow IS the mind itself. 

I've heard David Godman say a similar thing, and even he doesn't seem to understand it. 

Secondly, the mind or world need not disappear for me to feel the bliss of freedom. As soon as I was able to discriminate between awareness and the objects I was free. The world and mind continue to be there, and the mind continues to create it's turmoil and doing. But it now knows it's in a dream and has no control over the dream (phenomenal world). So it is relaxed because it's coming to terms with its destiny. 

10 minutes ago, Lister said:

I've heard this before. It doesn't make sense to me.

You're suggesting that I do something. Who are you speaking to? Awareness or lister? Because awareness cannot do anything. It does not follow. It is choicless and is ever present and still. So the entity that is going to follow IS the mind itself. 

I've heard David Godman say a similar thing, and even he doesn't seem to understand it. 

Secondly, the mind or world need not disappear for me to feel the bliss of freedom. As soon as I was able to discriminate between awareness and the objects I was free. The world and mind continue to be there, and the mind continues to create it's turmoil and doing. But it now knows it's in a dream and has no control over the dream (phenomenal world). So it is relaxed because it's coming to terms with its destiny. 

Just imagined how mind fuck that is awareness dream that is human with self agenda whole life which has to survive and reproduxe and shit but it discovers that human and mind and world are Just not there. That it is all alone. 

duality is supposed to be fully embraced with responsibility. life can't get any juicier than that.

beneath duality there's nothingness (infinite potential) and duality is the result of pure magic.

the fact that the universe can experience a human being, say "i", write poetry and appreciate music is just a infinitesimal display of the supreme power of existence.

fight no i
find what i points to
for i is yet another finger

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@Lister

You are at a great place. 

Keep attending to that Awareness which is unrelated and unaffected by phenomena. Leave phenomena alone as it has no being/substance in the first place.

As you keep attending and being more interested in Awareness, the residues called 'lister' will be slowly erased more and more and one day you'll have an instantaneous non-verbal breakthrough.

A complete understanding of Awareness will take place. Not in the form of knowledge, but by actually being it. That is the real definition of enlightenment... When you become absolutely clear about the nature of awareness, its invulnerability and unconditional happiness.

Discovering awareness apart from phenomena is the first step and it seems you've done a great job at that.

All the best

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I would get in touch with that direct experience of the present moment, rather than getting immersed into the thoughts stories that follow. To me, it sounds like you are off balance toward groundless and could use some grounding.

That's the problem, it's totally groundless. How can I ground myself in groundlessness?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

44 minutes ago, Shaun said:

That's the problem, it's totally groundless. How can I ground myself in groundlessness?

Breath deeply into the belly of the beast (yourself). Now let go of all knowing/thoughts, all control, all desire, all fear (become completely relaxed) 

from here you probably don’t even realize there’s no ‘you’ but now there is room for simply ‘groundless being’.

Thoughts/emotions may come and go, allow all ‘what is’ to arise, it may all seem a pleasant surprise, for it is no more YOU than all that is perceived (by you)

edit: pulled this whole thing out of my ass, happy being :) 

Edited by DrewNows

19 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Lister

You are at a great place. 

Keep attending to that Awareness which is unrelated and unaffected by phenomena. Leave phenomena alone as it has no being/substance in the first place.

As you keep attending and being more interested in Awareness, the residues called 'lister' will be slowly erased more and more and one day you'll have an instantaneous non-verbal breakthrough.

A complete understanding of Awareness will take place. Not in the form of knowledge, but by actually being it. That is the real definition of enlightenment... When you become absolutely clear about the nature of awareness, its invulnerability and unconditional happiness.

Discovering awareness apart from phenomena is the first step and it seems you've done a great job at that.

All the best

Thank you for a great response! This is what I needed to hear ?

Edited by Lister

Everything that happens accept with glad and open heart. Allow accept and love. 

19 hours ago, ajasatya said:

duality is supposed to be fully embraced with responsibility. life can't get any juicier than that.

beneath duality there's nothingness (infinite potential) and duality is the result of pure magic.

the fact that the universe can experience a human being, say "i", write poetry and appreciate music is just a infinitesimal display of the supreme power of existence.

fight no i
find what i points to
for i is yet another finger

Thank you! I will consider this along the path. ?

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Everything that happens accept with glad and open heart. Allow accept and love. 

Thank you. Extremely valuable advice. 

Thanks to all

Meditation is the key. It is all about practise. No worry there is really no  anything to fear about. Like really. Everything Will come into place eventually. God is with you no worry. 

When I look at the Yin Yang image, it says something to me that reality is half sugar and half shit and you can not escape one or the other. Any action to reduce the amount of shit is pointless because it is always cancelled out and a 50 50 balance is maintained always. Enlightenment would appear to me to be beating the system and ending all the shit.

Edited by Shaun

It's all Love Light and the Truth. Do the work stop thinking stop bullshit ing yourself go and Fucking meditate. ❤️

Yes enlightenment is THE END of all your bullshit. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Shaun Which is more beautiful, black or white? 

Shit makes the garden grow and sugar causes cavities. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, Shaun said:

When I look at the Yin Yang image, it says something to me that reality is half sugar and half shit and you can not escape one or the other. Any action to reduce the amount of shit is pointless because it is always cancelled out and a 50 50 balance is maintained always. Enlightenment would appear to me to be beating the system and ending all the shit.

I've given up trying to figure out anything at all. It's much nicer to just be aware of who is aware of all mind / physical activity. 

I just rest in peace and stillness.