Lister

Need some help with this one please

160 posts in this topic

That's what I can't face. Solipsism. I am all there is, trapped in a nightmare of my own creation.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

That's what I can't face. Solipsism. I am all there is, trapped in a nightmare of my own creation.

But non dualism is very different from Solipsism. They seem similar but it is completely different.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

It is not solipsism. It is about discover ing your True nature. 

@Shaun  If you are trapped in a nightmare, probably is a nightmare created by the ego. Solipsism is from the POV of the ego, because the ego thinks he creates everything but is still a separated entity.

From awareness POV is very different, because awareness is one but is everything at the same time. Not solipsism in that.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Lister You describe some nice realizations here. It can feel unstable and groundless to the mind-body. With time, things can get integrated and embodied, giving a sense of grounding. Greater awareness of the personality construct is revealed and transcended into areas of “transpersonal” being. You are entering deeper areas few humans explore. 

For me the growth was not linear and I needed a lot of practice and nondual videos to get some sense of grounding. During this time,  I resonated to heart-centered teachers that seemed grounded and gentle. At times my mind/body just couldn’t get into the nondual UFC octagon to get it’s ass kicked again. This was certainly helpful at times, yet too much of that became really unhealthy to my mind-body. 

As the self lost it’s control over the narrative, I also practiced various forms of self love. It seems paradoxical and counter-intuitive, yet that was resonated and I went with it. . . A balance between the self getting it’s ass kicked and self-love. . . Over time, new forms of wonder, curiosity, genuineness, love and appreciation of life began to emerge. It’s beautiful.

59 minutes ago, Conrad said:

?

You did all this, limited yourself with unlimited intelligence. Got involved in the movie because you willed it. There is no way escaping it, only realizing that I as God is already the screen, the self character and the movie. 

Ok, Thanks for this. I am not aware that awareness did anything. For me awareness is just sitting, silently. Awareness does not have any qualities, so I can't imagine that it's creative. It feels like something else has created the dream. Something that is not beyond awareness, but inside it. 

There is a definite distinction between awareness and the dream for me at the moment. I will continue to practice more and maybe more insights will come into view. 

36 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Lister You describe some nice realizations here. It can feel unstable and groundless to the mind-body. With time, things can get integrated and embodied, giving a sense of grounding. Greater awareness of the personality construct is revealed and transcended into areas of “transpersonal” being. You are entering deeper areas few humans explore. 

For me the growth was not linear and I needed a lot of practice and nondual videos to get some sense of grounding. During this time,  I resonated to heart-centered teachers that seemed grounded and gentle. At times my mind/body just couldn’t get into the nondual UFC octagon to get it’s ass kicked again. This was certainly helpful at times, yet too much of that became really unhealthy to my mind-body. 

As the self lost it’s control over the narrative, I also practiced various forms of self love. It seems paradoxical and counter-intuitive, yet that was resonated and I went with it. . . A balance between the self getting it’s ass kicked and self-love. . . Over time, new forms of wonder, curiosity, genuineness, love and appreciation of life began to emerge. It’s beautiful.

Thanks for a great response. I have nothing to add right now, but I'm sure I will start to relate at some point. 

1 minute ago, Lister said:

Ok, Thanks for this. I am not aware that awareness did anything. For me awareness is just sitting, silently. Awareness does not have any qualities, so I can't imagine that it's creative. It feels like something else has created the dream. Something that is not beyond awareness, but inside it. 

There is a definite distinction between awareness and the dream for me at the moment. I will continue to practice more and maybe more insights will come into view. 

? I wish you luck although no such thing exist xD

You are everything and is the doer and creator of everything. You will understand this when you become conscious of what you is ?

55 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I would study up more on what solipsism is. I don't think awareness becoming self aware is solipsism. There is a world but its got nothing to do with awareness. I as awareness did not create the world. What I mean when I say lister is the dream, I mean that he can't be taken apart from the phenomenal realm, he's just like a puppet that is being moved around by the phenomenal world. Awareness doesn't enter or has ever entered into phenomena. Lister thought he could escape the dream, transcend it or change it, but he cannot because he is just a movie like the dream itself. A character in a movie cannot escape the movie. 

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

? I wish you luck although no such thing exist xD

You are everything and is the doer and creator of everything. You will understand this when you become conscious of what you is ?

So you're saying that this realization is bullshit? 

Not sure what you are getting at. I don't think you yourself are conscious of the fact that others cannot interpret your words exactly as you hear them in your head. 

So without clarification I am unable to use your advice.

1 minute ago, Lister said:

So you're saying that this realization is bullshit? 

Not sure what you are getting at. I don't think you yourself are conscious of the fact that others cannot interpret your words exactly as you hear them in your head. 

So without clarification I am unable to use your advice.

You are unable to use my advice because you are not conscious of what you are. When you do, you will not take it as an advice but as a pointer to the Truth.

The Truth is that you are everything and the doer and creator of everything. But you will not understand this before you become aware and conscious of what you really are. It cannot be grasped by the mind, you can only be it, become it. It here refers to the Real You which is the absence of the illusory self/ego. 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

What is your direct experience when you are with other people or out in nature? What is the actual direct experience prior to any of the thought stories?

My mind-body is highly empathic in it's direct experience. The story of Solipsism is sooo far away from the direct experience. I have had a few encounters with Solipsism and my mind-body finds it disturbing a- it does not resonate with that story at all.

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

You are unable to use my advice because you are not conscious of what you are. When you do, you will not take it as an advice but as a pointer to the Truth.

The Truth is that you are everything and the doer and creator of everything. But you will not understand this before you become aware and conscious of what you really are. It cannot be grasped by the mind, you can only be it, become it. It here refers to the Real You which is the absence of the illusory self/ego. 

I dont think so. But thanks anyway. I will ignore your advice.

1 hour ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Lister acknowledge what I told you but do the practise don't just sit and think. it's a proccess not a concept.

Thanks. I will. Hopefully more insight will emerge. But I'm happy with this where I have seen so far in the process. 

2 minutes ago, Lister said:

I dont think so. But thanks anyway. I will ignore your advice.

Do that ??

3 hours ago, Lister said:

it became involved in the movie, got lost in the movie.

Great realization Lis. :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Lister None of that. 

All this occurs in the waking hours. When you are asleep, the world, the body, or mind does not exist. There is no subject nor an object for awareness to exist either. Yet you remain, wide awake, immersed in bliss. Why is it that you don't have access to that bliss now, during the waking hours? What has occurred?