Lister

Need some help with this one please

160 posts in this topic

I will do all I can. I meditate every single day, shamanic breathing twice a week, mindful working constantly when at work and self inquiry most days but I feel that it's not enough, awareness always feels stuck right inside my body with the slightest hint of expansion on occasions.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

6 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Do the work stop thinking stop bullshit ing yourself go and Fucking meditate. 

Lol! I agree with this blunt but very true statement. It's not really work tho is it? I feel as if work belongs to the phenomena dimension.

@Shaun Awareness never entered the stream of time. That is completely obvious to me. Awareness is everywhere, it's the screen on which phenomena plays out. It's a simple recognition. I feel you're working too hard when all that matters is being aware of awareness itself.

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Shaun Which is more beautiful, black or white? 

Shit makes the garden grow and sugar causes cavities. 

Well put.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Keep expanding awareness. Becoming more and more conscious of your envoirment all phenomena be curious with it Explore what is unfolding. Watch your mind Whatever you need to do. ❤️

And please don't try to figure out religious symbols with your mind. Thay are Just pointer like all religious scripts. Work is on you only. One love ❤️

@zeroISinfinity @Lister thanks everyone, one other observation I've had is a massive increase in synchronicity and seeing 66 666 and 69 too.

@Lister

How about this approach: imagine that you are born again with zero information about the world.

You don't know anything whatsoever.

You don't know if you even exist.

You know nothing.

What are you then?

30 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Lister

How about this approach: imagine that you are born again with zero information about the world.

You know nothing.

What are you then?

This is what I'm getting at. Awareness that has not got itself mixed up with the objects. "My" thoughts, "my" mind, "my" car, "my" children. It's always present, we just don't see that it's there because we're always attending to objects.

Awareness never actually got involved or can get involved.

Can you really say that you have unravelled all knowledge and found awareness through that?

If so, then how do you know what to type? 

Edited by Lister

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

@Lister

You know nothing.

What are you then?

I had a similar experience in a sensory deprivation tank. I went back to a womb prior to my birth - so everything that came after birth didn't exist. No language, ideas, thoughts, objects, no me etc. 

2 hours ago, Lister said:

This is what I'm getting at. Awareness that has not got itself mixed up with the objects. "My" thoughts, "my" mind, "my" car, "my" children. It's always present, we just don't see that it's there because we're always attending to objects.

Awareness never actually got involved or can get involved.

The duality between awareness and objects is an acquired knowledge. It assumes perception: a perceived and a perceiver.

So, it must go away.

Perhaps there was never a difference between the two.

;)

@Serotoninluv That's interesting, I've never been in one. Thanks for sharing ❤️

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Your post seems to capture the essence of the direct experience. Another visualization that arises for me is that I am suddenly transported into another realm, reality, world that I have never seen before. I don't know anything. What anything is in this world. What anything means. Then I try to relax into my current reality like that. Sometimes all the definitions and meanings can partially dissolve. For example, I may see a car driving by and it's like I've never seen one. It's so odd. It's a little moving box with some type of entity inside the box. . . These spaces can be so intriguing and magnificent.

29 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

The duality between awareness and objects is an acquired knowledge. It assumes perception: a perceived and a perceiver.

So, it must go away.

Perhaps there was never a difference between the two.

;)

That's enlightenment?

You can keep that. I'll stick with the realization i have. That's much better for me.

Awareness is not everything. The everything is life, awareness is beyond all that. The perceived and perceived is a part of the phenomenal existence. Awareness isn't perceiving anything, it's just aware of the whole perciever and perceived thing. 

"Perception" is still conditioned. It's part of phenomenal. Awareness is so radical that you miss it completely, it really is not of this world. 

I understand that there are different schools of non duality. Maybe that's what has happened? 

When the body dies there will be blank. But there is still awareness of blank. 

Edited by Lister

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Your post seems to capture the essence of the direct experience. Another visualization that arises for me is that I am suddenly transported into another realm, reality, world that I have never seen before. I don't know anything. What anything is in this world. What anything means. Then I try to relax into my current reality like that. Sometimes all the definitions and meanings can partially dissolve. For example, I may see a car driving by and it's like I've never seen one. It's so odd. It's a little moving box with some type of entity inside the box. . . These spaces can be so intriguing and magnificent.

You're just knocking out the ego mind and thinking that is awareness. It's the ego trying to rid itself of its egoicness. 

Not that I'm in disagreement, each to their own, but I see clearly that awareness is got nothing to do with how empty the mind is. 

5 minutes ago, Lister said:

That's enlightenment?

You can keep that. I'll stick with the realization i have. That's much better for me.

Awareness is not everything. The everything is life, awareness is beyond all that. The perceived and perceived is a part of the phenomenal existence. Awareness isn't perceiving anything, it's just aware of the whole perciever and perceived thing. 

Yes. And it's hella fun to explore and experience the perceptions of a human mind-body. Trans-human states of consciousness are pretty darn magnificent :)

10 minutes ago, Lister said:

You're just knocking out the ego mind and thinking that is awareness. It's the ego trying to rid itself of its egoicness. 

Not that I'm in disagreement, each to their own, but I see clearly that awareness is got nothing to do with how empty the mind is. 

I didn't use the term "awareness" nor tried to conceptualize "awareness" within the description of that experience.

@Serotoninluv

Yeah, that's also interesting.

I get glimpses of similar experiences through concentration practices.

I become disidentified with pretty much everything for a brief period of time, everything appears strange, the sounds, the sights, the sensations, and being stops being taken for granted, how is existence possible? I have to go deeper with the practices.

Any suggestions?

❤️

@Lister

I don't know what that is. To me it's all about removing the illusion that is fake knowledge.

Stay safe my friend, do whatever feels right ❤️

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

I didn't use the term "awareness" nor tried to conceptualize "awareness" within the description of that experience.

A crazy person with a very busy mind is still enlightened because awareness itself has never been touched by the objects. Because it's only aware. It has no other quliaites. But the reason that the crazy person isn't manifesting that freedom is because the mind of that person has not understood awareness and undone it's conditioning to keep seeking itself in external situations.

Consciousness =appearent reality

Duality collapses. All duality collapses into ONE. God. There is Just God. It is really THAT simple. 

5 minutes ago, Lister said:

A crazy person with a very busy mind is still enlightened because awareness itself has never been touched by the objects. Because it's only aware. It has no other quliaites. But the reason that the crazy person isn't manifesting that freedom is because the mind of that person has not understood awareness and undone it's conditioning to keep seeking itself in external situations.

In terms of "awareness", there are many concepts of it lingering around. A soon as the mind thinks one word, it is too much. One word is too many, a million words not enough. The closest I can get is "nothing". What I consider "awareness" is one step removed from "nothing", yet very very close to it. If there was a movie from "nothing" to "everything", awareness is very early in the movie. It seems like the start of the movie, yet there is a "prior" to that "start". . .  In contrast, conceptualizing awareness with words and images comes much much later in the movie. If it was a two hour movie, this would be around 1hr. 50min. into the movie.