Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EvilAngel

It's all fine and well being "in the moment", but...

18 posts in this topic

There are real life problems that have to be dealt with and thought about. Say you have a fight with someone, and you were in the wrong..., should you apologise, or should you just say to yourself "that was two days ago, there's no need in even thinking about it, after all it's in the past now"?

The obvious answer is yes, you should apologise, because it clears the air and you are acknowledging that you made a mistake. However, some people seem to be so eternally "in the now" that they fail to see the need in even apologising, or sorting out long-standing personal or inter-relational issues. It's just an excuse they use to avoid taking responsibility for their lives/actions.

This is something I have been guilty of. Meditation for me can act as a sort of get-out clause to avoid legitimate psychological/emotional strain. Don't get me wrong, it's great to be present and experience the actuality of this moment, however, practically speaking, if your problems are always dealt with in this way, they will always reappear, because in reality, by meditating all you have been doing is procrastinating. 

@EvilAngel Someone “in the now” wouldn’t fight nonsensically. Meditation is extremely useful in quieting the mind. Clean up your karma, get in this now. It’s delightful. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

There are real life problems that have to be dealt with and thought about. Say you have a fight with someone, and you were in the wrong..., should you apologise, or should you just say to yourself "that was two days ago, there's no need in even thinking about it, after all it's in the past now"?

The obvious answer is yes, you should apologise, because it clears the air and you are acknowledging that you made a mistake. However, some people seem to be so eternally "in the now" that they fail to see the need in even apologising, or sorting out long-standing personal or inter-relational issues. It's just an excuse they use to avoid taking responsibility for their lives/actions.

This is something I have been guilty of. Meditation for me can act as a sort of get-out clause to avoid legitimate psychological/emotional strain. Don't get me wrong, it's great to be present and experience the actuality of this moment, however, practically speaking, if your problems are always dealt with in this way, they will always reappear, because in reality, by meditating all you have been doing is procrastinating. 

If you were really in the now you wouldn't have a fight with anyone, but If it happened for some reason, say you are sorry and forget about it then

The 'here and now' includes your memories, emotional and mental states, so if you've had an argument or something which is unresolved, then there's still an ongoing mental process (some people might call it karma). You can use meditation to bring your inner feelings into view, not suppress them, and then when the time is right to talk things over and sort them out.  Christians might call it forgiveness. But surely being friends again is better than having some creeping resentment rolling on and on (in the present moment) ... I agree that meditation & mindfulness is not about procrastination but facing up to things.

Nick.

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

On 19.4.2019. at 1:12 AM, Nahm said:

@EvilAngel Someone “in the now” wouldn’t fight nonsensically. Meditation is extremely useful in quieting the mind. Clean up your karma, get in this now. It’s delightful. 

Heaven is my head. Lucifer was never thrown from it(lightbringer, myself) he Just deluded himself. If I might use religious poetry. Love you man. Practise practise practise! 3 hours of meditation Best day of my life! Hahahahha

Forum big distraction

Edited by zeroISinfinity

God is all love it is all good. I am so sorry I am so sorry. 

OK need to calm down a bit here is the insight that might help your mind but without doing the actual work you wouldn't get it. 

There is no causation everything is perfect all the time. All so called events in your life lead you to enlightenment surrender to them and love shit out of them. Do what it feels natural to you and that's it. Very simple.Love you. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity in other words sadhguru says people are projecting their human ideas of love on existence.Existence is pure nothing Just allign yourself with existence.

Sounds like the self trying to maintain control of the narrative. . . “If I surrender then I could do horrible things and never apologize!! Well we can’t have that!! I better stay in charge here”

Ime, it doesn’t work like that. There is a natural flow of life that appears. 

This is why you cannot boil this work down to some stupid platitude like "be in the now".

This work is much more complex and subtle than newbies imagine it to be.

The ramifications of nondual awareness are enormous and they cannot be formalized.

This is why post-awakening a lot of integration work is required. Your mind has to do work to figure out how to adopt Truth/Absolute to everyday life. And it is VERY EASY for your mind to distort the Truth and embody it incorrectly.

Hitler could come to your house with a flamethrower and if you're naive, you might tell yourself something like, "Just be in the now" and that will be a huge mistake.

It takes great intelligence to apply high spiritual teachings and principles. Newbies and fools will make terrible mistakes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Nothing is truth, everything is permitted" 

"Is not here to do anything you want but to be used with wisdom" - paraphrase of Altair 

@Leo Gura actually, i'm interested in how you monitor yourself amidst all this? Truth is powerful, and it could be of great destruction if you are not careful and turn into a zen devil

how do you self monitor, leo? it just sounds so hard and contexts (social/ cultural) are changing so much that there is no one absolute guide to adhere to

10 minutes ago, clouffy said:

@Leo Gura actually, i'm interested in how you monitor yourself amidst all this? Truth is powerful, and it could be of great destruction if you are not careful and turn into a zen devil

how do you self monitor, leo? it just sounds so hard and contexts (social/ cultural) are changing so much that there is no one absolute guide to adhere to

There is no formulaic answer.

It's a delicate tight rope act. Following one's heart and intuition is a good rule of thumb. But that already assumes you've got a pure heart and good intuition, which not all people have.

Mostly I keep myself safe by cross-referencing 100s of diverse sources and by understanding that my mind is self-deceptive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Jkris said:

@zeroISinfinity in other words sadhguru says people are projecting their human ideas of love on existence.Existence is pure nothing Just allign yourself with existence.

It is same nothing as you. So why do not love your self what is preventing you. You want to understand existance with your mind. You Will never do it. It is beyond mind. 

On 18/04/2019 at 7:58 AM, EvilAngel said:

The ego will use everything as an excuse to be a devil ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@EvilAngel

This is a great insight, thanks for sharing.

Yes, we need to balance being practical with being happy.

We must face reality, not run away and hide, I think that presence can be of a great value, because without being present, then what are we even doing?

It's like our first priority is to become at peace with ourselves, so that we can become at peace with everyone and everything else.

❤️

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@EvilAngel

It's like our first priority is to become at peace with ourselves, so that we can become at peace with everyone and everything else.

❤️

Everything said. ❤️ Nothing left then to meditate.