Arnold666

Peter Ralston Bullshido

69 posts in this topic

Finding hard to listen to a man who does this shit. How do you guys process this ? 

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@Arnold666 Lol. As someone who used to instruct Muay Thai, I get your point, and I was really close to making a thread like this a couple of years ago myself. I mean he obviously got obsessed with martial arts and from what I understand he did win a big tournament. And the more I get deeper into this stuff the more open I am to the possibility.. But I am still very torn when I watch those videos of his. I just don't know what to make of it. 

7 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

@Arnold666 Lol. As someone who used to instruct Muay Thai, I get your point, and I was really close to making a thread like this a couple of years ago myself. I mean he obviously got obsessed with martial arts and from what I understand he did win a big tournament. And the more I get deeper into this stuff the more open I am to the possibility.. But I am still very torn when I watch those videos of his. I just don't know what to make of it. 

Yeah same.

I think it may of just been a phase in his life,  I wouldn't think to much of it. Maybe even what he is doing there is real, it just wouldn't work well in an actual fight 

12 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

I am no expert in martial arts, but I would not say that it is completely useless, it is just that it only focuses on taking  person out of balance, but lacks in offense and seems way to situational to work against people who know what they are doing. 

Edited by purerogue

SWOOSH!

The sound of Ralston going over your head.

Empty your cup first if you really want to learn.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It isn't suppose to be practical. It's not necessarily to be used, but it's true for certain. 

I find this video way more entertaining 

Also I think it pretty much answers your concerns about Ralston. 

Edited by purerogue

Why do you guys find this so hard to believe. It's just a tip of the iceberg of what is possible lol :D

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Why do you guys find this so hard to believe. It's just a tip of the iceberg of what is possible lol :D

Stop it! :D 

Edited by purerogue

1 hour ago, Arnold666 said:

Finding hard to listen to a man who does this shit. How do you guys process this ? 

Ya as a pretty serious martial artist myself, I've had similar thoughts and don't know exactly what to think, but having given some thought, practice and application to tai chi techniques in Muay Thai/MMA fighting, there is a time and place for it, maybe in a scramble, a moment of your opponent giving to much behind a kick or punch.  It's much harder to pull off than say just throwing a punch or kick, but it can be done.  The student isn't giving any resistance here and its not at a realistic speed, but the technique if practiced and used with the right momentum of the attacker and proper technique could create off balance or trips.  I don't know if Ralston is making a point that what he's doing will work at that speed.  I'd have to spend time with him and study to really stand by my statement thought.

Edited by Mu_

@Nahm What ? No and that wasn't the point.

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

53 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Stop it! :D 

This is so pathetic.. It's the same story all over when people think there's no difference between real Yoga and book Yoga. What you see on the surface it's just 1% of what is happening. 

What Ralston is teaching here is nothing new. This knowledge was there for thousands of years in martial arts and it's just child's play omg... It's mainy lost now but it's still alive in those have a little bit of brain at least.

I saw one video where Mantak chia had 3 guys trying to push him full force and he was just standing totally relaxed, arms down, talking with the audience and laughing. Martial arts is so beyond your understanding... If you think you did Muiy Thai and now you think you understand all the ticks and mechanics of human system.... 

It takes a lifetime of enlightenment work to understand what Ralston is doing. Sadhguru sayed it took him 3lifetimes to understand Yoga completly. So don't compare your meek boxing knowledge with enlightened beings. Your arrogance and ignorance is over the roof

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

57 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Because there have been many masters who have claimed to have powers and abilities to just kind of blow people over and fight them from a distance that have gotten that absolute shit beaten out of them in a real fight

For Example

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@Nahm What is it here that I'm missing ? where should i put it because clearly the rules of lets say a MMA fight cannot be applied here. So how can i get an understanding of this ? I'm asking purely out of curiosity, please don't project things on me, the fact that i use "profane" words is not a sign of arrogance but a comes from a tongue and cheek, lighthearted fun place .

@Arnold666 By judging him, even in the subtle unnoticed manor that you are, you are reinforcing a mental belief that he is separate from you. This belief, especially when being reinforced repeatedly, makes it awfully hard to realize your own true infinite nature. Which not coincident;y, is the very thing he is displaying and sharing with you. But - you kinda judge him as a joke. This reinforces your superiority, just beneath your level of awareness and perception. 

“This guy has lost his freakin mind!”

Lose yours too.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What's really the hate here on the guy? 

All I see is a teacher teaching some basic technique to probably an beginner/intermediate class. What's wrong with that? 

Is it that his form of martial arts is considered not effective? 

Or is it that the fact that he practices a martial art is considered egoic and therefore non-spiritual. 

Either of these statements I think are very shortsighted.