Adam M

What's the deal with Crystals?

63 posts in this topic

Been hanging out w a lot of green people lately and many of them believe that certain crystals like quartz can benefit your meditation because they give off energies and can be used for grounding or as catalysts during healing...like reiki...

I'm very openminded to this stuff and I even bought some Crystals of my own...I purchased some amethyst and shungite just to see if it has any effects on me.

However I personally dont notice any effects and I'm sure that other people are more sensitive to energies...but all in all I think that crystals are overrated and can probably only be used properly by those who are trained.

Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about crystals and if they can be used as legit tools for spirituality or if it's just a gimmick...

Thanks guys

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Hmm... I'm really interested in this topic but don't have an answer. I'll give you some thoughts that may or may not be accurate though.

I believe that anything you put a lot of focus into can transmit power to an object or place. So I don't believe that the crystal has powers in itself but that you can give them powers. 

Is your lucky underwear really lucky? Or is it psychology? 

I say your lucky underwear has mystical powers because you do. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Pretty rocks but all 'getting energy' is based on bullshit ultimately, who wants what energy for what? There only is energy/vibration. Doesn't have much to with self-realization or meditation.

But you can play with ever you want and it can have effects

@mandyjw yes I have heard about certain meditations and rituals that are aimed at charging and cleansing the Crystals so that they may be used as a tool for healing, meditation, etc.

They seem to be popular in New-Age circles but I still feel that it is very gimmicky and also very easy to be influenced by capitalism. I have seen people buy hundreds of dollars of Crystals because they are marketed to have certain amazing properties such as attracting love.

Personally I have trouble buying it.

I tend to be pretty skeptical of these new age practices. I honestly think they boil down to intention and belief. If one believes that crystals heal them in some way, they will find reasons to believe that is happening. They may even be getting genuine benefits from them, and that’s great.

Anyone’s opinions on new age practices are just that - an opinion held by the ego. Ultimately, the mind’s stories are not true. So I would approach these practices with the same mentality; perhaps be open to them but don’t cling to a belief that says they absolutely do or do not work.

In my opinion, everyone’s primary goal should be pursuing awakening. It’s so easy to get distracted along the way with novelty psychic abilities and practices; don’t forget to keep your eye on the ball: the deepest truth of who you are.

Yes your "bullshit" radar is right on. Basically it's marketing, and a big business. The "new age" essentially replaced "religion", but it's not much different. A bunch of beliefs without direct experience, pretty much sums it up. It's a distraction and has nothing to do with awakening.

I'm not sure about crystals, intentions, beliefs, being receptive, energies etc.

Yet I will say this. . . I saw a something with a Reiki Master on LSD with a Shaman Stone in the Cathedral Rock energy vortex in Sedona, AZ. It was impossible, yet it happened. And the Shaman Stone was the impetus. I don't know what impossible variables aligned, yet they did.

I've never had any other time in my life in which it seemed like a crystal had an emergent property. 

3 hours ago, Adam M said:

@mandyjw yes I have heard about certain meditations and rituals that are aimed at charging and cleansing the Crystals so that they may be used as a tool for healing, meditation, etc.

They seem to be popular in New-Age circles but I still feel that it is very gimmicky and also very easy to be influenced by capitalism. I have seen people buy hundreds of dollars of Crystals because they are marketed to have certain amazing properties such as attracting love.

Personally I have trouble buying it.

Yes. But if you find a special rock on the beach and it's meant for you, it might have powers, who knows. But no I don't think the powers can be bought and sold. Some things can only be given not bought. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Yes. But if you find a special rock on the beach and it's meant for you, it might have powers, who knows. But no I don't think the powers can be bought and sold. Some things can only be given not bought. 

I went shopping for stones with my Reiki friend. I was examining them and didn't know how to choose good ones. I was looking for the prettiest ones, yet that didn't feel right. I asked my friend and she said "You don't choose the stone. It's a relationship - the stone also chooses you. You choose each other". She said it like freakin' Yoda would have. 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I went shopping for stones with my Reiki friend. I was examining them and didn't know how to choose good ones. I was looking for the prettiest ones, yet that didn't feel right. I asked my friend and she said "You don't choose the stone. It's a relationship - the stone also chooses you. You choose each other". She said it like freakin' Yoda would have. 

xDYes, if you use your intuition, it probably doesn't matter if you pay for something or if it's free. Hone your intuition first, then you can find out about if there's any value in crystals. 

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

xDYes, if you use your intuition, it probably doesn't matter if you pay for something or if it's free. Hone your intuition first, then you can find out about if there's any value in crystals. 

Yea, I guess it's the relationship. Now, I won't buy them online. I'd want to meet it first to see if we have chemistry before we start a relationship together. . . 

@Serotoninluv Online dating seems to work out well for a lot of people though. xD

I think the bottom line is that we're all magic.

The ego says one thing is more magic over another. It says that one person is better than another. 

All things are sacred or nothing is sacred. And yet, we/life choose special people and things to come to us. 

It's another paradox. 

@Serotoninluv I had a impluse to turn over this rock the other day. On the other side was all shell imprints. I guess it's not really a fossil, but shell imprints, I was told? I'll send it to you if you want it. There are a lot more like it around here. 

000fosilre.jpg

52 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Haha. She seems like an expert in this field!

Edited by universe

Thanks for the responses guys...

I'm still a little bit foggy on the types of tangible benefits one can get from Crystals... I've been told that certain ones attract certain things? But that makes no sense. Idk maybe I'm thinking of it wrong.

Crystals makes us feel better because these are beautiful things that you can easily carry around in your pocket and latter gift away for someone else. That is like a lot of positive energy and opportunities from a few seemingly worthless little rocks. 

I used these for uplifting. I found that i was much more productive at contemplating and communicating when its positive vibe at the air. Everyday life is so difficult that having few amazing crystals to look at can uplift you back to reality in a instant so the life can be let to continue unfolding itself.

I didnt rub these, channel, call angels, stare at these, talk to these, give names etc. These crystals just stunned me with the beauty of being. If i lacked inspiration to contemplate i would just take out the crystals and contemplate these. 

I learned to appreciate truth and beauty even more because for a while i was in a journey with crystals. Trying to find where these came from and what to do with these and make use of it. Is a purpose of crystals that is very rewarding and also rises consciousness. 

@njuufa This was great. I remember kurzgesagt uploading a video that a esthetically pleasing environments can have real tangible benefits to even faster recovery. So a crystal that you really enjoy looking at would definitely uplift you. 

Maybe it's this draw to its beauty.