tashawoodfall

Leo’s claim that clinical depression is rare

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, in Leo’s video about depression he makes the case that real clinical depression is rare.  I’ve been researching to try to find evidence that this is true and am unable to.  Does anyone have a study or article perhaps from a doctor that backs this up? Thank you...

Lol. You are asking for an article by doc to prove you that depression does not exist.  They won't tell you since they want to sell those drugs. ?

Yup I know it’s a shot in the dark but I was hoping someone had some sort of material I can cite ?

"Prevalence oMajor Depressive Episode Among Adults
Figure 1 shows the past year prevalence of major depressive episode among U.S. adults aged 18 or older in 2017.
An estimated 17.3 million adults in the United States had at least one major depressive episode. This number represented 7.1% of all U.S. adults.
The prevalence of major depressive episode was higher among adult females (8.7%) compared to males (5.3%).
The prevalence of adults with a major depressive episode was highest among individuals aged 18-25 (13.1%).
The prevalence of major depressive episode was highest among adults reporting two or races (11.3%)."

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/major-depression.shtml

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Perhaps Leo has never had a major depressive episode. He'd know it's real then.

lol... I've been diagnosed with depression, bipolar disorder I, autism spectrum, and add. i have an extensive mental health history. clinical depression means what? just that it's observable, right?

from my experience, most of the time what people think is depression isn't purely biologically or physiologically driven.

yes, there is a biological baseline for happiness...  but only about 45-50% of your happiness level is biology... and that means u can pump the non-baseline components that contribute to happiness. your happiness is at least 50% in your control. lol. happiness occurs naturally when u "get your shit" together (and I mean enlightened) and your issues are all resolved.

watch "Happy" by filmmaker Roko Belic... or read about positive psychology research. it talks about "flow" and i find this really in the Tao...

so back to psychiatry. i suspect the biologically depressed person is exceedingly rare and the medication doesn't work in most cases... antidepressants may be the biggest scam ever pulled lol... wait, religion, no sorry... moving on

in reality, depressive symptoms are caused by shitty thinking and fucked up negativistic psychology. one day people will realize that psychiatry was a scam... at least 90% of it or whatever. i've known many mentally ill people.... real ones. my uncle thought he was elvis for years, but some drugs helped him reign in his dopamine system... so im not saying monolithically, psychiatry is bad. i just think shrinks should stick with real diseases. like schizophrenia, bipolar (sometimes), real depression. disorders that must be treated with drugs.

p.s. I created a model for bipolar disorder based on my integration that says it's somewhat curable. If anyone is interested... lol. Came up with it in a mental hospital in upstate NY 3 years ago. Dr. Munoz walked right past it. haha

one love y'all!

Not a single objective test to prove that anyone has a chemical imbalance in history. An emotion is not a disease. If you think you have a brain disease ask to speak to a neurologist, not a psychiatrist. The difference between those two is that one will lie to you about what is and what isn't a medical disease. Here is a professor of psychiatry explaining this further: 

You have a problem in living, not a problem in your brain. 

What leo didnt had in account is that certaind diet can be the cause of clinical depression and autism. Read about Mickhaila Peterson and Natasha Cambell studies.

The second brain is in the GUT. And maybe is more important than the first.

@tashawoodfall Clean diet, meditation, & self inquiry...AND take ALL the help available to you. There is wisdom in taking the path of least resistance, as well as a knowing which arises in doing the emotionally difficult thing. Do all you can in the name of well being. In honesty, this could mean realizing you need no one, no thing...and can just as well mean you need help from someone. We do indeed create our own reality, and as Well we are all in this together. To deny either does not feel so great. Self honesty is liberating, regardless of the content. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 4/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, Paul92 said:

Perhaps Leo has never had a major depressive episode. He'd know it's real then.

I am with you on this.

On 21 April 2019 at 0:12 AM, Ataraxia said:

lol... I've been diagnosed with depression, bipolar disorder I, autism spectrum, and add. i have an extensive mental health history. clinical depression means what? just that it's observable, right?

from my experience, most of the time what people think is depression isn't purely biologically or physiologically driven.

yes, there is a biological baseline for happiness...  but only about 45-50% of your happiness level is biology... and that means u can pump the non-baseline components that contribute to happiness. your happiness is at least 50% in your control. lol. happiness occurs naturally when u "get your shit" together (and I mean enlightened) and your issues are all resolved.

watch "Happy" by filmmaker Roko Belic... or read about positive psychology research. it talks about "flow" and i find this really in the Tao...

so back to psychiatry. i suspect the biologically depressed person is exceedingly rare and the medication doesn't work in most cases... antidepressants may be the biggest scam ever pulled lol... wait, religion, no sorry... moving on

in reality, depressive symptoms are caused by shitty thinking and fucked up negativistic psychology. one day people will realize that psychiatry was a scam... at least 90% of it or whatever. i've known many mentally ill people.... real ones. my uncle thought he was elvis for years, but some drugs helped him reign in his dopamine system... so im not saying monolithically, psychiatry is bad. i just think shrinks should stick with real diseases. like schizophrenia, bipolar (sometimes), real depression. disorders that must be treated with drugs.

p.s. I created a model for bipolar disorder based on my integration that says it's somewhat curable. If anyone is interested... lol. Came up with it in a mental hospital in upstate NY 3 years ago. Dr. Munoz walked right past it. haha

one love y'all!

I'm interested in your bipolar information & work. I created my own program to address the anxiety first then the bipolar symptoms. I agree with you that it's somewhat curable.  I fully believe you did it in a mental hospital, I've been hospitalised in those revolting places 5 times. I'd be interested in anything you can tell me. 

I think society as a complex system would not like to admit to itself that it could be the cause of a large part of depression -- after all, society has a collective ego as well, and really wouldn't want to own up to it's own shortcomings. So yes, the system might be defective, but the system would never admit it. If I look at my own life, all my depression and anxiety is as a result of seriously defective thinking (as a result of fucked up societal and family dynamics.) 

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society --- Krishnamurti

I just read Lost connections.

It is the best book written about depression and what causes it.