Yahya

How much time do I invest in actualize.org per day?

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am a grade 10 student. I have a hard time managing my schedule. Addition to that I start getting bad grades since I started self actualization. Anyway now my question is how much time do I invest in self actualization per day including weekends. Which does not include meditation time. I meditate for 20 minutes everyday.

Thank you.

Every opportunity is for self actualization so its all the time :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

You gotta find the right balance between self actualization and living a normal life. Keep your grades up, depending on how far you are into this stuff, it may seem tempting to just throw off school, but that's the system you're in, you can escape later, don't fight against it. At least pass everything you can. 

Self Actualizing doesn't require you to be studying every single day, you must be committed to gradual change, that's what's important, if you're too focused on changing super quick just for the sake of it, high chance that you haven't really learnt anything of real value, because yeah it's nice and cool to have a slightly deeper understanding of something's, but you have to experience these things for yourself for them to become real, leo is just a guide.

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

To escape the system you gotta master the system first. Unless you just want to live in the wild. 

Build a long term plan. You have your whole life to do both. Is sacrificing schooling for more self actualizing right now gonna hurt or help your plans? 

2 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

To escape the system you gotta master the system first. Unless you just want to live in the wild. 

Build a long term plan. You have your whole life to do both. Is sacrificing schooling for more self actualizing right now gonna hurt or help your plans? 

Agreed. 

I think that you should do something in-person (for example, psychotherapy). The odds of you misunderstanding a concept through online videos is REALLY high. I speak from personal experience. I started to get interested in personal development at 12. 

@Gabriel Antonio 12?! Wow

I always felt like I was a little more aware than people around me, but at the same time I was very immature and pretty annoying through high school, and things like going out and drinking and going to parties, raves whatever felt like "this is just what teenagers do" it was such a relief escaping from that life. People are always in search for an answer, a key to a fufilling life, and people waste their lives away trying to search for it in illusory things, and I just feel super relieved at 18 to know that self actualization is the key to a fufilling life. I even feel contempt with my life right now, but I'm looking forward to future possibilities.

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

Thank you so much for all the answers.

On 09/04/2019 at 5:31 PM, Yahya said:

Hi everyone,

I am a grade 10 student. I have a hard time managing my schedule. Addition to that I start getting bad grades since I started self actualization. Anyway now my question is how much time do I invest in self actualization per day including weekends. Which does not include meditation time. I meditate for 20 minutes everyday.

Thank you.

Wow man. How old are you? What country do you live in?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Sorry, I can't tell where I live. However I can tell you my age. I am 15 years old.

@Yahya

Get your life together first, finish your education, get a proper job, make some money, run some business, etc...

Spirituality will screw your life up.

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Yahya

Get your life together first, finish your education, get a proper job, make some money, run some business, etc...

Spirituality will screw your life up.

I also agree. I used to contemplate about my death when i was 10, how it is what it is? What is god and all. I used to read osho when i was 17. It made me realize life was meaningless and all. But at the meantime i did all crazy things teenagers do and when parents and friends tried to advice me on how bad my life is going i used to to fight that with philosophy of life is meaningless and all. 

My life was in downward spiral for 10+ years, i was deluding myself with spirituality. And i realized that like 3-4 years ago. Thats my life. I accept it. I accept it as a thing that i had to go through  in life. 

See my life tells u the story of what happens when a immature mind comes in contact of spirituality. 

First study well, learn, fall in love, break ur heart, have wild sex, get a good job, make money, have a business make hell lot of money then when u realize there is something more to life, go for spirituality. Otherwise u will be stuck with a confused life. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

21 hours ago, kindayellow said:

"this is just what teenagers do" it was such a relief escaping from that life

What you're describing seems like a bypass. You justify why you didn't do those things by maybe belittling what teenagers do.

This can be very dangerous, because it hinders your maturity. It creates a hole in your development. One of my biggest fears is to be a 40-year-old teenager... 

Read more about "the unlived life" at: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/happiness-in-world/201011/the-unlived-life

21 hours ago, kindayellow said:

I just feel super relieved at 18 to know that self actualization is the key to a fufilling life.

It depends on what you mean by self actualization. If you mean introspecting the shit out of you, then I'd say a big no. If you mean mustering the courage to face the parts of yourself that are under-developed (with the help of others), then yes. 

11 hours ago, Beeman said:

3 to 4 would be good 

O.o

23 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Agreed. 

I think that you should do something in-person (for example, psychotherapy). The odds of you misunderstanding a concept through online videos is REALLY high. I speak from personal experience. I started to get interested in personal development at 12. 

Impressive to be into it at 12. I was a very rational obsessed person who projected onto everything until I turned 18 then had my first set of spiritual experiences at 18-19.

Godspeed to your and everyone's journey ?

5 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Impressive to be into it at 12

I got into it because I was going through a lot of suffering, and I was looking for healing. 

Whatever the time emotional intelligence is needed and makes you more powerful

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

@Yahya  Hey dude, I am 15 as well and I think I might have already overcome some of the issues you are having right now. 

First of all, what do you usually do in your day? Do you do sports, or meditate, or do a lot of meaningful socializing? Or do you waste your time on facebook and stuff? My advice on this would be to focus on 2 things, write them on your door or something and never skip a day. Also as other people are saying, every single moment is the right time for self-actualization, you can learn from everything that happens to you.

Don't neglect the usual stuff, like social skills, exercise, practical skills... I did this mistake in the past and then I learnt how much I have been missing on. Also keep working on your intellect, you want to have it sharp - do your best at school, play chess, cook your own meals, create art, whatever you like... 

Another advice from my side would be to stay 100% honest to yourself about your life. Lying about your growth to yourself and others is bs, it is one of the worst things you can do. I used to organize meetings where I would tell people about spiral dynamics and spirituality, but then I would go home and watch low quality anime, scroll memes etc... Stay humble, work on yourself, you cannot really help others, if they don't ask you for it.