tecladocasio

How deluded Leo is ?

405 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I want a world with less suffering. But I know even that's a trap if I add future to it.

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I agree with what Peter Ralston says but I don't like how he says it. Something seems off. 

Let me answer both questions at once. What's off in Ralston's explanation is the fact that it flies over Leo's head.
He says it explicitly: 

Possibility is wide open. It's infinite. Right?
But infinity is no more than infinity. youknowhatimsayin'? :D
Infinite doesn't exist. It's not lots and lots.
Then you can't get more infinite than infinite.
Then you can't get more absolute than absolute. :P

Leo: Unless we're wrong about that and we don't realize that.

The only thing that is absolute is non-existence. Eradication of ungrounded beliefs.
You see how possibility, being wrong, is time-dependent and was explicitly refuted by Ralston?

The only way to see that suffering is not a problem is to see that there was no suffering to begin with.
It's a belief that hinges upon something. It hinges upon time, past, future.
Fear of hurting others. Pride of healing oneself from hurt. Self-transcendence. This is all self-image. 

Time is a very deep delusion.
Thanks to time, something can be itself and not be itself. It's ridiculous.
Look at your hand and start moving it. It's different and the same at the same time.
It is itself, and looks nothing like itself when you move it.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@bejapuskas helping myself is helping everyone because we are one. I don't have to do one or the other first, they have to simultaneous. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@tsuki You're for real aren't you? I've been trying to figure you out for days now and I'm pretty sure of that but there are a few things I still can't reconcile. 

I should never have contributed to this thread in order to criticize Leo. I did it out of fear that others would suffer because of him. 

When I watch that video I just feel intense compassion for Leo. And it feels like Peter should be showing him compassion.

But I'm projecting on Peter Ralston. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

When I watch that video I just feel intense compassion for Leo. And it feels like Peter should be showing him compassion.

That's your suffering. Your suffering is Leo's suffering. You are Leo and you are Ralston and you don't exist.
There is no me and there are no others. It's all a delusion.
Compassion is the excuse you're defending when Ralston's words fly over your head.
You believe that you should be compassionate. That's time and self-image.

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You're for real aren't you? I've been trying to figure you out for days now and I'm pretty sure of that but there are a few things I still can't reconcile. 

Yeah, I know. I'm here for you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

You believe that you should be compassionate. That's time and self-image.

I'm not sure. The feeling arises unabided. There are times I feel like I should be compassionate, but those are usually the times I fail to be compassionate and am selfish. I resonate with Ralston's words but there's a deeper connection in the interaction that is missing. How can we call someone into our experience who is missing something and there not be a part of us that is also missing that? Leo has something Ralston does not and vice versa. I have something you do not and vice versa. Together it makes the whole. How can it be otherwise? 

But I see what you mean. I'm focusing on what's missing. And my compassion is just pure love but with the addition of a thought or feeling that something is missing. I fail to see clearly. 

Sigh, good God, when will these realizations stop? xD

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Sigh, good God, when will these realizations stop? xD

When you will realize that time is a delusion.

I'm not sure. The feeling arises unabided. There are times I feel like I should be compassionate, but those are usually the times I fail to be compassionate and am selfish

You can only fail to be compassionate in retrospect, in relation to an image of ideal behavior.
In this context, compassion is your true nature. Your face before your mother conceived you and you conceived your mother.

Reality flows. When time is born, the currents are not aligned and work against each other. This is resistance, time.
You never had control to begin with, but you were so fragmented that you couldn't perceive it.
This is what shoulds and shouldn'ts are. This is why you need self-images. To hold yourself together.
The mind was trying to protect you, but in its ignorance (finitude) it confused fire hose with a flame thrower.

@mandyjw Imagine what infinite knowledge would look like, incarnated in a human being.
You would not even flinch, but continue your existence effortlessly. Thoughtlessly. Silently.
People that claim that they would go off to conquer the world are the fragmented ones, looking for something to mend themselves.
This is the bridge between shadow work and consciousness work.

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki You're right, you're right. I don't want you to be right, but I want you to be right. 

I forgot myself and uncovered this amazing sense of wonder. I want other people to know it, so so much. Does it exist, just for me? Can that be right? 

I forgot myself and uncovered this amazing sense of wonder. I want other people to know it, so so much. Does it exist, just for me? Can that be right? 

Do you not deserve such a gift? :x

@tsuki :x You broke me. 

@mandyjw Go watch the Ralston's video with Leo again.
Just look at the face of that man. He's having so much shits breaking Leo that it's unbelievable.
You know what's fishy about him? He's fucking addicted to sadism, that's what hahahaha.

He's literally getting people to seek him so that he can fuck with their heads until they forget who they are ahahahaha.
And he's doing that out of compassion :D. HAHAHAHAHA

Edited by tsuki
meet -> seek

Absorb what is useful,

Discard what is not,

Create what is uniquely your own.

- Bruce Lee

B R E A T H E

@tsuki Yeah, I see that too. I still think you all would benefit from less rigid more feminine approaches to teaching. But you don't seek them, you seek Peter Ralston for a reason. It appears like male ego in all its glory. 

@mandyjw Become the change you want to see.

Edited by tsuki

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

@tsuki Yeah, I see that too. I still think you all would benefit from less rigid more feminine approaches to teaching. But you don't seek them, you seek Peter Ralston for a reason. It appears like male ego in all its glory. 

I agree but it's just going to be that way on here for a couple of reasons

Leo is a very analytical, logical kind of guy.  His videos reflect this, and the crowd that watches those videos ends up on these forums.  The videos largely appeal to guys, I mean isn't one titled "How to make girls squirt?", not that there aren't girls that aren't interested in that, but yeah.  Also on the forums, a masculine approach is a lot easier than a feminine approach because we have to communicate over text and a lot of subtle stuff that happen in more empathetic real life situations is hard or impossible to capture in words.  Logic is pretty easy to get into words though.  I think it's awesome you're exposing the community to a much more feminine approach, but it's just kind of expected to be masculine dominated.  Also, in Leo's defense, he picked a lot of mods that take the counter-perspective to his often very intellectual approach, I wonder if he intended on balancing himself out when he picked mods :o 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@tsuki I see what you did there. 

@zambize I noticed that too, he definitely has that side, we just aren't seeing much of it lately. 

Trying to integrate the feminine with the masculine in yourself is really difficult and key to this work. Our culture shames femininity, in men and even in women. I remember being dragged to all these STEM things for girls when I was a kid and I felt this pressure to do things I had no interest in doing. You learn to hide and be ashamed of the things that you really love to do. Most of feminism is about teaching women to assert their authority and identify with their minds. Then there's a backlash by men who are frustrated with women and women that were feminine by their nature aren't true to themselves and everyone is frustrated. Feminists would burn me at the stake but being feminine is a lot about being vulnerable, surrender and submission. Those words even sound dirty.

But that's the gate to enlightenment. 

If you can't even apply those qualities to your persona how are you going to ever going to be brave enough to submit your persona to them? 

Of course vulnerability is in truth the greatest courage there is. 

I think we're starting to get it more and more. Otherwise Brene Brown wouldn't have gone viral. 

I personally find Peter Ralston a little strange to listen to in recordings, even though I can strongly resonate with his book. I think its just for whatever reason something feels a bit unexpected and/or out of place when I listen to him, but it is not at all in a bad way really. He's actually quite charming.

If I had to guess, he comes across as someone who's perhaps a bit insensitive of others? Of course this is just a guess. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@zambize I love having female energy on the Forum from actual females.  I think it's super healthy for the Forum.  Otherwise things do tend to become quite the sausage-fest around here.  I hope more females stick around.  I know there used to be many women on here that I don't see around much anymore, although I often see them pop their heads in from time to time.  Women are like the natural counter-part to men and vice versa.  Men benefit from women and women benefit from men.  Without integrating the other sex, you can become quite lopsided in your growth. There are some men on here who have integrated feminine energy a lot, but still I think that isn't enough to replace having some actual female energy on here.  Women who have integrated the masculine are also super cool and often hot as well.  We men tend to love women who have integrated the masculine, and I think women love men who have integrated the feminine just the same.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@zambize I love having female energy on the Forum from actual females.  I think it's super healthy for the Forum.  Otherwise things do tend to become quite the sausage-fest around here.  I hope more females stick around.  I know there used to be many women on here that I don't see around much anymore, although I often see them pop their heads in from time to time.  Women are like the natural counter-part to men and vice versa.  Men benefit from women and women benefit from men.  Without integrating the other sex, you can become quite lopsided in your growth. There are some men on here who have integrated feminine energy a lot, but still I think that isn't enough to replace having some actual female energy on here.  Women who have integrated the masculine are also super cool and often hot as well.  We men love women who have integrated the masculine, and I think women love men who have integrated the feminine just the same.

Yeah I definitely enjoy having actual females on the forums as well, and although there aren't that many, I think the ones we do have we lucked out on

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows