tecladocasio

How deluded Leo is ?

405 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, lmfao said:

I personally find Peter Ralston a little strange to listen to in recordings, even though I can strongly resonate with his book. I think its just for whatever reason something feels a bit unexpected and/or out of place when I listen to him, but it is not at all in a bad way really. He's actually quite charming.

If I had to guess, he comes across as someone who's perhaps a bit insensitive of others? Of course this is just a guess. 

I'll never ever forget my first reaction to an Eckhart Tolle video. I was 19 and still lived with my parents and my dad got into spirituality (it ended up being a phase for him) and was watching this Eckhart Tolle video. I hear the piercing sound of the bell at the start of it, and then I watch Eckhart sit there blinking for a few minutes and then he starts talking. It made me FURIOUS. So I lit into my dad and told him what an absolute idiot he was for watching that crap. 

xD

Eckhart Tolle is currently the spiritual teacher I've spent the most hours studying "from". Read every single book, seen almost every single video he's made, some multiple times. 

First impressions mean nothing. I'll look more into Peter Ralston. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Then there's a backlash by men who are frustrated with women and women that were feminine by their nature aren't true to themselves and everyone is frustrated. Feminists would burn me at the stake but being feminine is a lot about being vulnerable, surrender and submission. Those words even sound dirty

@mandyjw I relate to Ralston a lot and I don't find him insensitive at all.
He is a sadist, but to be a good sadist, one has to first direct that energy inwards and conquer himself.
He really had to go deep into himself to be able to pull that shit through. He sees right through people.

Masculinity is power exerted upon others. It is love of the self on the other's expense.
Femininity is power exerted upon oneself. It is love of the other on expense of the self.

I wonder what kind of energy I project. What do you feel/think?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Wow.

You do a damn good job of holding neutral but lose yourself to the masculine occasionally. 

Why did you answer Osho in the thread about the most deeply enlightened teachers? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

19 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@tsuki Wow.

You do a damn good job of holding neutral but lose yourself to the masculine occasionally. 

Why did you answer Osho in the thread about the most deeply enlightened teachers? 

Yeh, I kind of resonated with Osho, but now I think he was kinda poorly integrated in comparison with some other teachers... Is Ralston an actual sadist?

9 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

Is Ralston an actual sadist?

No man, don't take that stuff seriously. We're just talking about male/female energy, that's all.
Ralston is really good. I respect him a lot.

29 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Probably because I know very little of what he actually said and he made a big impression on me.
I started resonating with Teal Swan recently.

I should have probably answered Lao Tzu. I love Tao Te Ching.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki  It's cool, sometimes I just take stuff too seriously and get confused, I also respect him a lot. I think Leo should learn from him.

@tsuki I'm completely missing the value/attraction in Osho. I watched a couple videos and they were dead-eyed delivered commands for how he thinks one should live their life, not in a spiritual way but in a practical one. 

What am I missing? 

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

@tsuki I'm completely missing the value/attraction in Osho. I watched a couple videos and they were dead-eyed delivered commands for how he thinks one should live their life, not in a spiritual way but in a practical one. 

What am I missing? 

1) He has some great writings in some books

2) he brought spirutuality in mainstream and exposed many traditional dogmas.

3) he loved fucking with peoples cherished beliefs.

With all that being said, i admit that his videoes sucked ass big time. Never managed to completely watch even one 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 15.07.2018 at 5:29 PM, Prabhaker said:

@mandyjw Have you read Tao te ching? Try the "translation" by Ursula Le Guinn. I really loved that one.

Other than that it's the overall feeling of this man. I love his style.
The hat, the eyes, the chair, his hands, his facial expressions. He's really in there.
You can always tell the depth by looking into the eyes.

@Preetom That explains a lot. He is regarded as a pioneer of some sort? What book would you recommend to start?

@tsuki I started it but can't remember if I finished it. Thanks for the translation, I'll make it a point to read through it. I've listened to a lot of teachings taken from it.

I have the opposite feeling/reaction about Osho than you. 

10 hours ago, tsuki said:

Excellent video. Ralston is correct. You can't go beyond infinity. Let me add, from my experience, infinity is more meaningful and convincing when it is done without a 'magic wand,' (aka method), when it is interconnected/intertwined with your everyday life in some way, when it comes at you at the "right" time in your life.

21 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Preetom That explains a lot. He is regarded as a pioneer of some sort? What book would you recommend to start?

@tsuki

He was regarded as a pioneer then because most gurus were hardcore traditional with strict cultural baggage.

While Osho attracted local and foreign crowd alike as he set no pre-condition or moral judgment before entering spirituality.

Another upside is he had a diverse set of spiritual practices depending on the conditioning and preference. But his core practice was detached witnessing in all situation. All other practices targeted to reach there in one way or another.

Among the books i've read, most were poetic and unnecessarily elaborated. But the book "meditation:the first and last freedom" is a gem. If you decide to read just one book of osho, i'd definitely recommend that one.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@tsuki  Honestly, I feel fear and anger when I look him into the eyes, they frighten me.

@Key Elements  It is really interesting how you seem to divide in opinions with the other mods. I feel like it is kind of dumb to say, that something is beyond the mind and then try to talk about it, argue about it, labeling it, conceptualizing it... To some extent it might be useful, sure, but I don't get Leo these days. He says, that he wants to transcend psychedelics and then goes on 13 trips, his mind could be addicted imo. I also think, that trying to push yourself into Infinity is like a fake intention. Whenever I try to desperately find a way to advance further, when I actually feel good, it just ends up in distracting me. I haven't done psychedelics, I wanna try Ayahuasca, but I still don't know what to think. I think that one might become too attached to them and then he becomes dependent on them to actually feel God.

@bejapuskas You're adding more and more words to what I just said. You could try all the psychedelics you want. I never said to not do them or try any other methods. I said something else according to what I have experienced.

5 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@tsuki  Honestly, I feel fear and anger when I look him into the eyes, they frighten me.

(On Lao Tzu that Osho embodies)

It is a deep inner discipline. You can become very very refined, something absolutely unearthly, but to be ordinary is really the most extraordinary thing. No effort will help - effortlessness is needed.

No practice will help, no methods, no means will be of any help only understanding. Even meditation will not be of any help. To become a Buddha, meditation will be of help. To become a Lao Tzu, even meditation won't help - just understanding. Just understanding life as it is, and living it with courage; not escaping from it, not hiding from it, facing it with courage, whatsoever it is, good or bad, divine or evil, heaven or hell.

It is very difficult to be a Lao Tzu or to recognize a Lao Tzu. In fact, if you can recognize a Lao Tzu, you are already a Lao Tzu. To recognize a Buddha you need not be a Buddha, but to recognize Lao Tzu you need to be a Lao Tzu - otherwise it is impossible.

It is said that Confucius went to see Lao Tzu. Lao Tzu was an old man, Confucius was younger.

Lao Tzu was almost unknown, Confucius was almost universally known. Kings and emperors used to call him to their courts; wise men used to come for his advice. He was the wisest man in China in those days. But by and by he must have felt that his wisdom might be of use to others, but he was not blissful, he had not attained to anything. He had become an expert, maybe helpful to others, but not helpful to himself.

So he started a secret search to find someone who could help him. Ordinary wise men wouldn't do, because they used to come for his own advice. Great scholars wouldn't do; they used to come to ask him about their problems. But there must be someone somewhere - life is vast. He tried a secret search.

He sent his disciples to find someone who could be of help to him, and they came with the information that there lived a man - nobody knew his name - he was known as the old guy. Lao Tzu means "the old guy." The word is not his name, nobody knows his name. He was such an unknown man that nobody knows when he was born, nobody knows to whom - who his father was or who his mother was. He had lived for ninety years but only very rare human beings had come across him, very rare, who had different eyes and perspectives with which to understand him. He was only for the rarest - so ordinary a man, but only for the rarest of human minds.

Hearing the news that a man known as The Old Guy existed, Confucius went to see him. When he met Lao Tzu he could feel that here was a man of great understanding, great intellectual integrity, great logical acumen, a genius. He could feel that something was there, but he couldn't catch hold of it. Vaguely, mysteriously, there was something; this man was no ordinary man although he looked absolutely ordinary. Something was hidden; he was carrying a treasure.

Confucius asked, "What do you say about morality? What do you say about how to cultivate good character?" - because he was a moralist and he thought that if you cultivate a good character that is the highest attainment.

Lao Tzu laughed loudly, and said, "If you are immoral, only then the question of morality arises. And if you don't have any character, only then you think about character. A man of character is absolutely oblivious of the fact that anything like character exists. A man of morality does not know what the word 'moral' means. So don't be foolish! And don't try to cultivate. Just be natural."

And the man had such tremendous energy that Confucius started trembling. He couldn't stand him.

He escaped. He became afraid - as one becomes afraid near an abyss. When he came back to his disciples, who were waiting outside under a tree, the disciples could not believe it. This man had been going to emperors, the greatest emperors, and they had never seen any nervousness in him.

And he was trembling, and cold perspiration was coming, pouring out from all over his body. They couldn't believe it - what had happened? What had this man Lao Tzu done to their teacher? They asked him and he said, "Wait a little. Let me collect myself. This man is dangerous."

And about Lao Tzu he said to his disciples: "I have heard about great animals like elephants, and I know how they walk. And I have heard about hidden animals in the sea, and I know how they swim.

And I have heard about great birds who fly thousands of miles away from the earth, and I know how they fly. But this man is a dragon. Nobody knows how he walks. Nobody knows how he lives.

Nobody knows how he flies. Never go near him - he is like an abyss. He is like a death."

And that is the definition of a Master: a Master is like death. If you come near him, too close, you will feel afraid, a trembling will take over. You will be possessed by an unknown fear, as if you are going to die. It is said that Confucius never came again to see this old man.

@bejapuskas From http://oshosearch.net/Convert/Articles_Osho/Tao_The_Three_Treasures_Volume_1/Osho-Tao-The-Three-Treasures-Volume-1-00000001.html

Edited by tsuki

21 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Let me add, from my experience, infinity is more meaningful and convincing when it is done without a 'magic wand,' (aka method) when it is interconnected/intertwined with your everyday life in some way, when it comes at you at the "right" time in your life.

@Key Elements I think that a magic wand may be a male thing when it comes to spirituality.
You know... proving something to yourself to deem yourself to be ready.

Edited by tsuki

9 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

@bejapuskas You're adding more and more words to what I just said. You could try all the psychedelics you want. I never said to not do them or try any other methods. I said something else according to what I have experienced.

@Key Elements  Didn't mean to do that, I just wanted to express my opinion xD I just saw you talking with Leo and Serotoninluv and your perspectives seemed to differ quite a lot.

Edited by bejapuskas

2 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Key Elements  Didn't mean to do that, I just wanted to express my opinion xD 

Ok, no problem. ^_^ I didn't mean to do that too, but it is very challenging to explain and understand overall--at least to me, definitely.

5 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Key Elements I think that a magic wand may be a male thing when it comes to spirituality.
You know...

Hmm... perhaps...maybe. Not sure. I'm not male. But, all in all/overall, hmm I don't believe the gender matters.

9 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Ok, no problem. ^_^ I didn't mean to do that too, but it is very challenging to explain and understand overall--at least to me, definitely.

What do you mean? What is your full perspective then?