SQAAD

If Osho was Enlightned Why Did he end up addicted to various drugs?

107 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@now is forever Future hope of salvation if you do the right things. Sounds like every other dogmatic religion on earth. 

@mandyjw that’s your interpretation.

am i a priest? are you a non believer? all i‘m saying is that it is always only in the now.

and i‘m certainly not there yet.

Edited by now is forever

2 hours ago, now is forever said:

i belief thats a missbelief - of course does enlightenment exist, and of course you can seek it much more than awakening. awakening happens with you, enlightenment not naturally as enlightenment is a constant searching for the path.

what's the difference between enlightenment and awakening ?

On 3/20/2019 at 9:12 PM, Nahm said:

That can’t be said to be true, only you are enlightened. 

@Sharp

Likewise, there is no such thing as “enlightened beings”. 

Yes!!

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

For me, not many people are „Enlightened“. I put a big emphasis on this integration and embodiment part. If someone embodies the Truth terribly, I don't respect them for their „Enlightenment“, because they are just too proud and attached to it. Awakening on its own is useless in my opinion, it is just the starting line. It just gives you the opportunity for even greater amounts of growth. Being egotistical about Enlightenment is like having a car, that you never drive, or food, that you never eat.

18 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

For me, not many people are „Enlightened“. I put a big emphasis on this integration and embodiment part. If someone embodies the Truth terribly, I don't respect them for their „Enlightenment“, because they are just too proud and attached to it. Awakening on its own is useless in my opinion, it is just the starting line. It just gives you the opportunity for even greater amounts of growth. Being egotistical about Enlightenment is like having a car, that you never drive, or food, that you never eat.

That's true, I'm seeing this myself, because I can see clearly the distinction between the human 'me' and being (awareness, consciousness,god..whatever you wanna call it), looking at the cup of coffee beside me I see clearly that it's not a cup but is just pure being, everywhere, it's so clear as the sun light. 

Has the human 'me' embodied this awakening ? no, I'm working on improvement now, but most of my behaviors are still the same. For sure there has to be a lot of work post Enlightenment to embodie it fully, 

leo wisely said " Enlightenment is not the end, is the beginning"

14 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Dumb Enlightened  You can never embody it fully :D It is infinite.

Yes, but from what I understood, the facet of mind and heart must be reunited to have total experiential understanding of God.

After this it goes forever, but the core of it doesn't change.

If that makes sense.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

what's the difference between enlightenment and awakening ?

mhhh - as i see it and i can only speak of what i glimpsed until now, is awakening exactly what it says, you awaken from the dream into the dream - but what you’ve seen will forever change how you interact with the world. but enlightenment is dissolving all tensions all suffering into understanding, love and compassion - i don’t think it’s only about sweettalk though. and also not only dissolving into understanding but also into change resolving from understanding. conceptionally i mix spiritual enlightenment with intellectual and historical enlightenment into one unity - it’s something you give and recive rather than you achieve and sometimes you need more spirituality and sometimes more science or logic but together they bring light, enlightenment is in words and actions and in both combined. finding emptiness is only to find the light within and to grow it (saying only - but it is the hardest work probably)

Edited by now is forever

39 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Dumb Enlightened  You can never embody it fully :D It is infinite.

Yeah it wouldn't fit within the body hahhahahaha,

What I meant is that before Enlightenment -- Self identification with body/mind programs the brain to have certain behaviors/beliefs and action that match with this identification, when you think you are a human being, you act and behave like one

After Enlightenment -- identification with being, infinity etc... the brain from the human will reprogram itself to act and behave according to this new reality

If you sit at home watching TV and playing videogames all day long, even after awakening your behaviors won't change I guess

1 minute ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

After Enlightenment -- identification with being, infinity etc... the brain from the human will reprogram itself to act and behave according to this new reality

@Dumb Enlightened That sounds like spiritual ego.

10 minutes ago, now is forever said:

finding emptiness is only to find the light within and to grow it.

@now is forever You are prejudiced against empty stuff. Darkness is light.
Great post.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@now is forever You are prejudiced against empty stuff. Darkness is light.
Great post.

you could also say the light is only because there is darkness. and you only know darkness exists because there is light. 

i only know how i know nothing because there are so many lights around me. :ph34r:

?

news flash: osho wasn't enlightened

there's a difference between someone who has altered their consciousness through meditation and a person who has went beyond and become actually enlightened / achieved nibbana

a yes right - the next buddha to come is maitreya.

and there are supposed to be bodhisattva on this earth.

Edited by now is forever

28 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Dumb Enlightened That sounds like spiritual ego.

The ego will be there are you enlightned or not, but the identification with it won't

Edited by Dumb Enlightened

18 minutes ago, SunnyNewDay said:

news flash: osho wasn't enlightened

there's a difference between someone who has altered their consciousness through meditation and a person who has went beyond and become actually enlightened / achieved nibbana

And how are you so sure about that ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Preetom said:

https://www.dailyo.in/arts/osho-bhagwan-rajneesh-ma-anand-sheela-osho-exploited-women-group-therapy-wild-wild-country/story/1/23533.html

This sure sounds ugly. It's very easy to talk about enlightenment all day after you've read 50 thousands books 9_9

That's a wall of text.
The only way to prove that Osho was or wasn't enlightened would have been to meet him when he was alive.

And even then, how could you know ?
And even if there was a way to know, right now it would be a memory.

B|

God is love

And God in them

4 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Shin you just don’t want to change your face - and i must confess: it’s dashing.

No It's the truth ?

Just saying you can't know, it's both and neither ?

Yes or no ?

220px-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them