Alexander Goffrier

Lesser known things to eliminate from the diet?

37 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2019 at 4:59 AM, Michael569 said:

Cronometer is amazing and imo quite accurate especially with things like sodium that does not get lost with cooking and processing. Yeah as long as you keep it bellow 3g you sould be fine but ideally stay within 1-1.5. Below 1g is not too good either. 

Other things you can try doing is: 

• use only saturated oil for cooking (coconut oil / butter) or just use water only
  • don't roast your carbs to avoid creating acrylamides
  • get in at least 40g of fibre, if you can and it doesn't bloat you, go even higher
  • balance your intake of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty acids. Try to get close to 4:1 or 3:1. 
  • limit alcohol, smoking, trans fats and hydrogenated oils (even partially hydrogenated)
  • make sure you have sufficient magnesium, b-vitamins and iron for sufficient energy levels
  • sleep 8 hours (this is probs even more important than diet)

What do you mean by roasting carbs? I cook oats in a pot with almond milk for breakfast for a short while. I don't think that I overcook them because they're still moist from the almond milk and are not browned at all. I just want to make sure that it isn't pernicious when I think it's healthy.

@Alexander Goffrier sorry, roasting is not a good work, more like "overcooking" or burning in oven like Charlotte said. Basically by the time they start to turn brown you are receiving a cocktail of acrylamides and AGEs. Regular water cooking is fine :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Alexander Goffrier Hmmmm. I personally am not for cutting out eggs, but that's me. I like the protein and lack of carbs, especially in conjunction with some exercise routine.

Right now I'm the process of trying to reduce gluten, dairy, soy and corn to eventually zero and then ill be able to test what I'm sensitive to. I'm reading on autoimmune problems from diet, and the author recommends testing your sensitivity to these four things. So far I've only cut out dairy. 

I've linked a table of the advice Im trying to follow. I took the photo at a retarded angle with my front camera to make the image small enough for me to upload. DSC_0323.JPG

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Is it only good to cut these out for auto-immune diseases or for general health? What about micro-bacteria or things similar, I heard an audiobook from Deepak Chopra which talked about how a Mediterranean diet is supposed to be very good.

Eliminate your ego from you diet. And, your average will improve.

Holy shit I eat 2 McDonald ( French régulated tho ) this week After 4y. 

I m on a blood test asap

@Alexander Goffrier

Meat to remove from list.

Unless its organic and free range. Even in this case, have little of it. Not remove completly from diet, just considerably less. 90% less than a standard Western weekly eater.

@ValiantSalvatore I'm not too sure chief. Although from what I remember, the author thinks these foods can mess with ur intestinal lining, absorption and stuff.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Saturated fat is in human breast milk, its not bad dude. Just get good sources of it like coconut oil and high quality meat.

Eggs are one of the healthiest and nutritious foods. Thats why people have been eating it forever.

Milk is great if you're European, but even then I've read that raw milk is well received by everyone.

sugar should come from fruits, vegetables, rice, beans, seeds, and nuts.

I would avoid grains on a day to day basis. Not to say you can't enjoy a slice of pizza every once in a while or bread with butter.

All you should really eliminate is processed foods, otherwise, eat how your ancestors did. 

I agree with @Hellspeed and @flowboy. Eat high quality meats like grass-fed, pasture-raised, cage free. You want the animals to be foraging for food, and to have space and sunshine.

Edited by SgtPepper

I agree with a lot of previous posts - do not 'decide' what to avoid and what not to avoid in your mind. Listen to your body and let it decide. So you decided to cut off all sugar from your diet, but there may be times when you will crave sugar if your sugar levels drop. However, it takes some practice to notice that the craving is in your body and not your mind. Same with all types of foods. 

As and when you start noticing how your body reacts to different foods, you will find that the same food cooked and eaten immediately will have a different reaction than that eaten after 3 hours of cooking. 

With meat it's really important to focus on choosing clean meats. My own rules are,

Cow- Only grassfed, no factory farmed raised beef

Pig- Only organic, (pigs concentrate toxins) so basically I almost always avoid it unless it's Christmas or something

Chicken- Organic or only breast meat if conventionally raised, again toxins concentrate in the animal fat

Fish- Only wild caught, low mercury fish, basically that means I only eat sardines and Alaskan salmon, but there are others that fit into those criteria as well. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Plants.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Plastic, other synthetic polymers, fire retardants. Not food at all, but plastics are everywhere in our food environment - packaging, containers, utensils. They tend to be hormone disruptors, BPA was just the tip of the iceberg, most polymers aren't well studied for safety. The only reason BPA got a bad rap is because people actually took a close look at it. Now we've switched to other plastics that are probably just as bad, but less studied.. It's almost impossible to completely avoid plastic these days, but you can at least avoid heating things up in plastic containers, plastic utensils, plastic water bottles. 

I reckon this is a major issue that we'll look back at in a few decades and be surprised how blind we were to it. It will look crazy, like how thinking about smoking in airplanes and doctors offices seems crazy to us now.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:38 AM, Hellspeed said:

Plants.

Notice you are doing the same thing as vegans would: Animals.

Raise your vibration brother.

B R E A T H E