Buba

If reality is non-dual, how morality (good deeds) contribute spiritual path?

20 posts in this topic

Good deeds are the opposite of bad deeds. Love is the opposite of hate. Bliss is the opposite emotional pain. So why are these promoted in spiritual path? Why are called as aspects of enlightenment? How does being moral contribute to spiritual path?

Why are called as aspects of enlightenment?

Those that became enlightened were operating from the enlightened reality. And that's the way that reality works.
Also the one in that state see's him/her self as one with the existence. If you're intimately connected with everything, would you need to be told not to hurt, cheat, steal, rape or kill? 

And with regards to the spiritual path these qualities help purify the mind and body for the changes it will go through that are part and parcel of the path. On a deeper level existence works and operates from the level of vibration and energy and the human body, also a part of existence, is no exception. So these qualities also purify the mind and body on a deeper, subtle level than just the gross physical level.

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

Explains a little bit of what I'm talking about.

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

Morality is a man made law to not get killed in the first place. The path has nothing to do with morality, but many insist it is.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

6 hours ago, Buba said:

Good deeds are the opposite of bad deeds. Love is the opposite of hate. Bliss is the opposite emotional pain. So why are these promoted in spiritual path? Why are called as aspects of enlightenment?

Liberation comes from equanimous mind that is free from opposites. Dichotomies are the expression of the egoic mind.
These are aspects of enlightenment because you can integrate good with evil and yes with no.

6 hours ago, Buba said:

How does being moral contribute to spiritual path?

Morality in the conventional sense has nothing to do with enlightenment. It is a path to follow only in so far that it minimizes suffering and makes the ego less reactive and calm. Many self-realized seekers will confirm that suffering is not something to avoid for yourself though.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

6 hours ago, Buba said:

If reality is non-dual, how morality (good deeds) contribute spiritual path?

Good deeds are the opposite of bad deeds. Love is the opposite of hate. Bliss is the opposite emotional pain. So why are these promoted in spiritual path? Why are called as aspects of enlightenment? How does being moral contribute to spiritual path?

You’re pretending to have removed yourself from reality when you judge it as good & bad, thus reducing your Self to a separate finite thing, and enabling a perception of opposites (duality).

Do you see that you yourself are creating the dualistic view of which you’re asking about, by remaining unaware?

Now, put yourself ‘back in’ “reality”, don’t hold it as separate. All that you see, is you. 

Now, are YOU bad or good?  Are YOU love or hate? Are YOU bliss or pain? 

YOU don’t know, because instead of looking within, you’re looking for answers without. 

The path is - YOU find out the answer to these inquiries. They are inquiries, about YOU. YOU will need to unmaster (surrender, know) feeling

Or, don’t ‘be on the path’, remain ignorant & lost in abstraction (thinking), live in a surface level of experience, take ‘other peoples’ word for it, adopt beliefs instead of discovering the actual Truth, keep imposing YOUR morality, YOUR judgements, on this separate “reality”. 

It does not matter either way. 

To see “other” is already an act of violence, to hear the word “Truth” is already the path. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Buba Neither bad deeds or good deeds exist for the enlightened. The emphasis on abstaining form "bad" deeds is that they are potent distractions that might veil the Self. But the same is true with good deeds. That is why so many people fall in the spiritual trap of chasing good Karma. Good Karma is still Karma which is illusion. They key then is that deeds, good or bad, should not veil the truth of the Self. However, enlightened people may attain a great deal of emotional mastery. Interestingly, a person's emotional body is at rest when it abstains from bad deeds and loves fellow men and women. That is why many gurus are such gentle, good natured souls. It is not that they attained enlightenment through doing good deeds, but good deeds and grace flows out of their Self realization. 

@Buba The reason for being moral on the path is clarity. When you're absorbed in selfishness, acting on selfish impulses, the way you see the world is heavily perverted. That perversion doesn't allow you to see through your ego and start dropping it. Selfishness will either leave you stuck or even take you further away from enlightenment.

When you have the intent to act morally, by not making things about yourself, by seeking to see the world from outside your selfish narrative, you start to see through all the distortions your mind creates. As you do that, you slowly drop those distortions, until your ego, your karma runs out.

15 hours ago, Buba said:

Because it does not contribute to enlightenment, you can be the best person out there, it won't get you one step closer to enlightenment, quite the opposite actually.

There is no morality. God doesn’t judge or give a fuck about what you do. God is already you and does everything you do. Good or bad, whatever it is.

9 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Interestingly, a person's emotional body is at rest when it abstains from bad deeds and loves fellow men and women. That is why many gurus are such gentle, good natured souls. It is not that they attained enlightenment through doing good deeds, but good deeds and grace flows out of their Self realization.

Exactly, it has nothing to do morality and everything to do with the emotional body.

Thank you, guys, for your replies. All spiritual books, whether old or contemporary - written by Westerners, mention morality as important aspect of spiritual path. And it contradicts with non-duality. I see trying to be moral artificial. 

When you transcend the Ego-Mind you'll naturally gravitate toward more compassionate actions, although you don't want to create a theory or thought ideal to conform to.  The Mind wants a theory to cling to.  You just gotta let your natural personality exist the way it always has, but with the added transcendence of the Ego-Mind, which will change you.  But don't idealize this change.  Don't expect change.  Just let things happen on their own.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

above the "non dual" awakening, there is still magnetic fields.

I m not joking, this reality has several laws. The problem is they are litteraly born from experience and self conceptualisation / and a lot of practical work.

cannot be explained to dormant mind, and awakened mind get it their own ways.

if you put your hands above the fire, it burns, is a law, project the idea.

is the idea, the fire is real, only a fool believe he can rape 100 people in the street without paying the price.

Edited by Aeris

@Buba

how morality (good deeds) contribute spiritual path?

It doesn't. Morality is in the mind.

1 minute ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Buba

It doesn't. Morality is in the mind.

there is a sense of 'moral' in nature.

Ultimately it doesn’t and there is no morality or anyone who does ‘’good deeds’’. It only appear so as an illusion.

13 hours ago, Buba said:

All spiritual books, whether old or contemporary - written by Westerners, mention morality as important aspect of spiritual path. And it contradicts with non-duality. I see trying to be moral artificial. 

This perspective is still one of opposites that perceives nonduality and duality. That itself is a duality. The human mind is highly conditioned to perceive duality, so nonduality is a very difficult perceptive to have direct experience. Once the mind-body experiences nonduality it can gravitate to and embrace nonduality and reject duality. Nondual direct experience is extremely important and since the mind-body is so conditioned to duality, totally immersing oneself in the newly-accessed nonduality his helpful for development. The next stage is to start integrating nonduality and duality. Yet, ime and what I've seen in others - this is advanced. I had to really get grounded in nonduality before this integration. 

It helped me to visualize a coin. One side is nonduality, the other side is duality. I saw these as separate for a long time and explore each side. After gaining a lot of experience with the nonduality side, I begain seeing that both sides of the coin are integrated. There is no point in which one side stops and the other side begins. They are an integrated whole. This lesson can be applied to all that we see as being opposites, such as life-death, joy-sorrow etc.

1 hour ago, Highest said:

Ultimately it doesn’t and there is no morality or anyone who does ‘’good deeds’’. It only appear so as an illusion.

Or rather, there is no ‘’I’’ or ‘’self’’ which does good or bad deeds. God is the only doer and controller, God is all there is. But at the same time you can say that someone or ‘’I'' did a good or bad deed because God IS also all illusions like an ‘’I'' or ‘’self’’ which does something good or bad. That’s what I mean by God is all there is or there is ONLY God. I have become conscious and aware of that a lot of times.

Thank you very much. Wish you all happiness (which is also something dual, but allegedly comes after enlightenment).