GroovyGuru

Why is there a need for survival to begin with?

24 posts in this topic

Although I have yet to have my own enlightenment/non-dual experience, based on what I have learned from Leo's videos, some books I have read, and other sources I've come across, apparently I am God, while simultaneously also being a part of God (part of the generation and re-generation of Teotl).

Now I may ask, why am I already not directly conscious of this truth? To which the answer may be: The ego is getting in the way of me having this realization, so I must transcend the ego.

Then I may ask: why does the ego even exist? To which the answer may be: It is an essential part of my survival. It needs to exist for me to survive.

But the question remains (for me atleast) why is there a need for survival to begin with?

19 minutes ago, GroovyGuru said:

But the question remains (for me atleast) why is there a need for survival to begin with?

Don't confuse the biological organism with what you are.

Survival is needed if you trick yourself and put yourself in a virtual reality where you want to be so immersed that you think you could die and never experience anything after.

Makes the stakes of the game really high and serious, doesn't it !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

To answer this from a non philosophical perspective, It's just down to the laws of nature that we find ourselves in. We are alive now because our ancestors were successful at survival, and to be successful at survival, it helped to feel a deep need to survive. In other words, by process of elimination, the vast majority of living beings will have an innate feeling that they need to survive. From a metaphysical perspective, I would just say that reality includes an infinite amount of possibilities, and because of the laws of nature in the little slice of reality that you and I experience, this just happens to be the way it is for us. 

Another explanation is that you have the experience of being a limited and isolated being. You have the knowledge that this experience and reality you have as an individual and isolated being (your life) is vulnerable to being destroyed, and re assimilated into reality, so the need for survival essentially comes from a fear of the unknown, because if all you have ever known is the experience of being your limited self, anything else is unknown, uncomprehending, and therefore scary and something you want to avoid. This also explains why people who take the effort to explore and try to understand what reality is like outside of your normal subjective experience, can be much less afraid to die, and therefore less worried about their survival. 

1 hour ago, GroovyGuru said:

...because you wouldn't be here without it? Perhaps I'm not understanding the question, but it seems really obvious to me. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Why do you have 2 eyes?  Why do humans live 100 years instead of 200 years?  Why don't we have eyes on the back of our head?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

To make it seem real, if you were invincible life would be boring

D7D79275-EEFF-428D-AC0D-05CD28EF8CFD.gif

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I think it's a really good question and genuinely I have no idea of the answer ?

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

Absolute infinity

This answer seems unsatisfactory.  It sounds deep but has no cash value.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

In a physical plane survival requires the desire to survive. Which requires the concept of “life” and “death”

1 minute ago, Will Bigger said:

In a physical plane survival requires the desire to survive. Which requires the concept of “life” and “death”

The physical plane as opposed to what?  Reality doesn't seem to have fragmentation in that way.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There can be no stable forms without survival. Survival IS nothing other than the stabilization of forms within Teotl.

Without survival you could not ask any questions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There can be no stable forms without survival. Survival IS nothing other than the stabilization of forms within Teotl.

Without survival you could not ask any questions.

And can you really know that?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This answer seems unsatisfactory.  It sounds deep but has no cash value.  

Doesn't matter what is satisfactory or not. Are you seeking answers just to masturbate to it?

If an answer appears true and is not satisfactory do you deny it?

Have you experienced infinity in any capacity? It is truly a wondrous thing.

Edited by Shadowraix