Beeman

Which country is rich in Sprituality

12 posts in this topic

Which country do you think is rich in Sprituality? On my opinion it is ethiopia ??.  

Ethiopia is the home of the first human being called Lucy. 

The first country to accept Christianity and Islam. 

There are around 10,000 monastery and a lot. 

I like your choice. My first thoughts go to the "eastern" non-monotheistic places, so it's refreshing to remember the place that has fostered Christianity and Islam side by side going waaaaay back. It's impressive that to this day Muslims and Christians still live together in relative harmony. They use a beautiful script there!

On that tangent the middle east must be the most spiritually rich part of the world. Maybe too much for it's own good, like a magnifying glass concentrating the suns rays. Origin of Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Baha'i faith. All of these faiths concentrate on the region, and people so devout to their religions.

India comes to mind for me, the motherland of eastern spirituality, the birthplace of Hinduism, Buddhism (well it could be Nepal depending how you look at it), Jainism, Sikhism, home to many Muslims, Christians. Mathematics, philosophy, physics, these are all very highly valued and strong in India. There's a whole lot of bullshit there too though that's for sure!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

USA.

Home to various religions, ethnicities, and historically, the ground where native Americans went on vision quests. Ever read any Walt Whitman poems? (they're great and indirectly speak of higher conscious states). One of the most developed and open-minded countries. 

So much beauty can be had right here in the US, especially when you step away from cities. 

Some of this could be said about Canada too though

Guys get real. Nothing comes close to India. :D

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Im guessing that whatever country you go to only a small subset of people are "high consciousness". If I had to guess though, countries in which Eastern religion is popular will be the most "spiritual" on average. That doesn't mean these countries will be heaven on earth nor be absent of regressive societal attitudes. People are saying in this thread that India is the most high consciousness. Supposing that consciousness could be quantified, maybe it's the cause that the arithmetic mean of India's consciousness is higher than western countries but what if it's the case that their median consciousness is lower than western countries? Just a random thought to consider. Non-western countries are lower on the spiral in average, and whilst there isn't necessarily a causal link between level of consciousness and your position on the spiral I'd argue that there exists a correlation at the very least. 

Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, these religions all have their dogmas and even if they are all pointing towards the same thing at least Zen Buddhism for example doesn't moralise at you very much. Eastern Religions don't place much of an emphasis on having the right beliefs and dogmas, they place a higher emphasis on seeing reality clearly and acting in accordance with nature. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

8 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Guys get real. Nothing comes close to India. :D

Not even! 

Way too traditional and ideological. xD and American Natives mastered the use of psychedelics like peyote.:D

Edited by SgtPepper

When I sent to Istanbul, Turkey for 2 weeks, I would hear the Muslim call to prayer 5 times per day and people would stop what they were doing to go into the nearest mosque to quickly pray.  You can see the Blue Mosque (to the right) and the Hagia Sophia (to the left) in the background

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul

Blue_mosque-Istanbul.jpg

Edited by Joseph Maynor

True Spirituallity, none. Religious, many.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Etherial Cat better save up, Bhutan travel visas are very expensive at around $250/day!

It seems like a pretty special place but don't put it on too much of a pedestal. Like most places they have dark history. There has been widespread ethnic cleansing against Nepalis over the last few decades. There is not freedom of religion, only buddhism and hinduism are recognized.

However, the people who I talked to that have been say it is an amazing place and culture to be in. Nowhere is perfect.

There is always some tradeoff in being open and liberal vs. preserving and protecting culture. Bhutan has tended far right on that spectrum.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.