tecladocasio

What is God ? Very confusing video

79 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Sockrattes said:

All this would be funny if it wasn't just extremely sad.

No, it's actually extremely funny! Go meta and have a laugh at yourself sometime, it's quite nice. xD

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, coming from a man who named himself Socrates :D

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState maybe he was just a little bit triggered by the mentioning of pulling off the socks... there was a phrase like that...

sorry i’m talking to you in the third god form mister ? rattes

Edited by now is forever

7 minutes ago, Sockrattes said:

@now is forever Ramakrishna was a Tantrika, a Vaishnava, he worshipped Kali, was an Advaitan, was a Muslim AND a christian.

He said all these traditions no matter how different they are, are equally salvatory.

That's what "infinity" really means. ;)

so you are criticizing that he said there is just one god? but what if that one god is all of them without exception - even in hindu believe, everything is within brahma. theoretically there is no problem. 

i don’t understand the problem...:)

Edited by now is forever

@tecladocasio

2 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

Just things that I wanna share , opinions of mine :

If scientists can't put God in a equation , why are you doing that ? You are trying to put God in a equation , with your language . The same way they try to put in a equation , you do the same , you do the same impossible as they . 

Leo is using words and concepts, but what else can he do? Leo is one to always say that God is beyond concepts and words. Words are like a finger pointing at the moon. 

“I am a finger pointing to the moon. Don’t look at me; look at the moon.”

But yeah I can see why you pointed this out. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

The floors analogy was a light hearted pointer, like the video your post is about. You’re talking about a video talking about something. I was suggesting you take the video as a pointer and discover the truth within your self. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Say that to Leo too , because you don't know me to say if i already found the truth...

I see no utility in clinging to the belief that "God" exists.  However, I want to respect people on the Path that are still clinging to God or are yet to cling to God.  My Ego's been there and done that.  It was part of the Path for me too.  But my Ego got out of that kind of clinging to Understanding, Truth, Reality, Metaphysics, Epistemology, Philosophy, and Religion.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

@purerogue  there is nothing ''advanced'' about enlightenment

Exactly.  Being is not philosophy.

1 hour ago, purerogue said:

Listen, there are people who need motivation, reason,  information, etc to get moving, just because you have hit some level after many years of practice  does not mean that you did not need same moving force at the beginning.

Enlightenment is just word  , if we are talking about practice then there is something  advanced about it.

This is important.  The Path is a process that has many ebbs and flows.  I was obsessed with "God" too during part of the Path.  To say this is the way everybody should think as a one-sized-fits-all solution ignores the fact that every Ego has to move in and out of things and is marching to its own drum.  We're all talking about the Path but from where we are now -- ignoring the process aspect of the Path.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, tecladocasio said:

@Nahm Say that to Leo too , because you don't know me to say if i already found the truth...

Right. Obviously. Was going from your op.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I went through a phase where I saw "God" as an experience too (read my writings when I thought I was first moving into Stage Coral in my Journals), but then I realized later on that being is not an experience.  It's clinging to experience that leads one to "God".  But being is not about any kind of clinging.  Being is not about Metaphysics.  That's a trap with a slippery-slope that can lead you into conceptland, and I don't know how a person stuck in this kind of mental-masturbation quicksand about Enlightenment and being can climb out of it.  I should focus on how I climbed out of it in my future writings.  I'm not even really sure how I did it.  It's like a shift just happened.  A lot of meditation preceded the shift away from "need to know" and reducing being to philosophy for me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

G-money does not exist, yet is not non-existent. 

As such is awareness/being. 

G-money does not exist in time(philosophy, metaphysics, epistemology, religion, etc.) but that of time (the me who believes/disbelieves in accordance to that created by thought) may exsist in G-money:)

G-money has no meaning but may provide meaning to that that is perceived.  :P

Edited by Jack River

@Joseph Maynor so you don’t think it exists - but you think it is? 

do you think it’s unrelevant to talk about what it is?

i must say that huge parts of the video are congruent with what i believed for years in a boiled down simpler version.

It can only be confusing if you hold beliefs of some kind.

Drop them.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

12 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Joseph Maynor so you don’t think it exists - but you think it is? 

do you think it’s unrelevant to talk about what it is?

i must say that huge parts of the video are congruent with what i believed for years in a boiled down simpler version.

I have completely divorced being from metaphysics and philosophy.  "God" and these kinds of philosophical musings are part of the Path, so I don't want to say I'm against them, but I realize that ain't the end-point of this work: more like the beginning parts of the Path.  The end-point of this work are (1) finding being and (2) understanding how your Ego works.  But be careful, being is not a crafty, clever theory, as much as Egos want that to be the case.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor mhhh - i’ve never really learned them without being so how can i separate them? now i ‘m getting confused. 

i’ve been pantheist since a long time - for most people it’s also just a belief. but one that no one teaches or teached.

Edited by now is forever

Just now, tecladocasio said:

@Shin The video is confusing , not me .

Wrong assumption.

It cannot be confusing without you being confused in the first place.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them