F A B

I want to be popular

47 posts in this topic

Actually, I don't. 

What I want is more subtle: proving to myself that if wanted to become popular, I could do it.

Is more about the challenge rather than the result. 

Do something entertaining, start a silly blog, look at Boonk Gang, biggest moron  ever, hugely popular

Dont look at me! Look inside!

no, be popular, you have to try its an orange thing, you must go through it.

Sometimes when I fall out of equanimity, I'll do what's called the 'welcoming practice' on whatever ego manifestation is trying to arise. Just by accepting it fully and 'tasting it till I'm full' can often help it desolve more quickly than trying to process it or brace against it.

Not always, but sometimes.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Why do you want to prove it to yourself?

Because I see becoming popular as a skill. I know I can get good friends, I know I can get good grades, I know I can get muscle mass, I don't know if I can get popular.

49 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Nothing is cooler than not caring about being cool.

In fact, I don't care at all about being cool! :D

Edited by F A B

11 minutes ago, F A B said:

Because I see becoming popular as a skill. I know I can get good friends, I know I can get good grades, I know I can get muscle mass, I don't know if I can get popular.

i know i can't lift 200kg but it doesn't trigger my interest.

be honest with yourself. i smell ego and self-deception from thousands of miles away.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

I smell ego and self-deception from thousands of miles away.

Maybe my ego needs to be inflated in order to explode.

@F A B That's ma boy :D You almost fell into it! Instead, go for a walk by yourself and let that craving STARVE

@bejapuskas Yes, fuck the ego. It's better to go for a walk and show everybody how beautiful I am!:D

@F A B You don't have to show anything to anybody, rather just observe the beauty in others :) 

I sorta did this and grew my instagram following just to prove it to myself.  I went back on sm. I did and felt nothing. The likes came in but I didn't feel anything.  There was a high I used to feel before I woke up. The funny thing is I started posting deep stuff and the likes disappeared all too funny to watch. Pretty sure they think I'm crazy. 

I have always been out there and I know why i felt that need to be seen, to be popular , to become somebody etc. I know now that it is all bullshit. Attention seeking. The friends i made being popular were shitty and want you for your status.

I am staying away from the lime light and focusing on building real relationships. I noticed that when I have a good friendship going I dont feel the need to post anything. 

When I became depressed all my so called friends left me and gossiped about me. 2 months prior we were all in Columbia taking pics for the gram, posting I love yous lol. That was a HUGE life lesson for me.

So my point is dont do it, its just a waste of energy and time. Find out the root of your longing. 

Edited by Athena

53 minutes ago, Athena said:

I sorta did this and grew my instagram following just to prove it to myself.  I went back on sm. I did and felt nothing. The likes came in but I didn't feel anything.  There was a high I used to feel before I woke up. The funny thing is I started posting deep stuff and the likes disappeared all too funny to watch. Pretty sure they think I'm crazy. 

I have always been out there and I know why i felt that need to be seen, to be popular , to become somebody etc. I know now that it is all bullshit. Attention seeking. The friends i made being popular were shitty and want you for your status.

I am staying away from the lime light and focusing on building real relationships. I noticed that when I have a good friendship going I dont feel the need to post anything. 

When I became depressed all my so called friends left me and gossiped about me. 2 months prior we were all in Columbia taking pics for the gram, posting I love yous lol. That was a HUGE life lesson for me.

So my point is dont do it, its just a waste of energy and time. Find out the root of your longing. 

was it your personal account or? What did you post before " deep stuff"?

14 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

was it your personal account or? What did you post before " deep stuff"?

Traveling with my kids 

On 22/1/2019 at 11:10 AM, Athena said:

Thank you, this evidence is really important to me.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:14 AM, F A B said:

Actually, I don't. 

What I want is more subtle: proving to myself that if wanted to become popular, I could do it.

Is more about the challenge rather than the result. 

If you feel a motivation toward a redemption story, go ahead and follow that story line.

Don't resist how you feel and go squarely into whatever enlivens you, even if you know it's all about the ego. Before you transcend the ego, it's important to develop the ego and work toward individuation. Ultimately, you're going to have ego anyway, so slough off ego concerns for now and go toward what you want without talking yourself out of it.

Suppression and transcendence are two totally different things. So, take your desire for a redemption story with a beginner's mind where nothing is off-limits as right now belief in the invalidity of the existence of egoic drives is getting in the way. Allow yourself to potentially make a mistake. Be innocent and go into the experience you want to experience.

But be mindful. I'm sure you can see this is motivated by ego. But humor your ego. There is a reason why you want what you want, and it all leads into the desire for transcendence. So, if a redemption story is the story you want to live, let yourself live it and see what it gives you and doesn't give you. But again, be mindful.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org