Jcent

Is Bitcoin A Stage Green Or Yellow Invention?

24 posts in this topic

I'm reading a book called Memenomics. I found it off the http://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl website. The book is quite fascinating, but it gets me thinking a lot about Bitcoin, Ethereum and these new trust-based currencies. Is Bitcoin and evolution from our current Orange system to Green? Is it a quantum leap to Yellow? Or is it just more Orange? Would love your input.

@Jcent Depends on the level of consciousness of the person using it.

A stage Orange person will use Bitcoin for stage Orange purposes. Which is basically why Bitcoin crashed in the last year. All the stage Orange Wallstreet-types wanted to use it to get rich quick.

Some people see Bitcoin and all they think about is how to use it to make money.

Other people see Bitcoin and all they think about is how to use it to experience God ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The philosophy behind it is probably yellow, because at its simplest form it offers a way to trade without the stage orange infrastructure, banks etc. Problem is, that orange infrastructure is very rooted at the moment and because our society is mainly orange it would be impossible to successfully implement a more advanced concept such as bitcoin.

Anything given to us now that's advanced will just be used for orange ends. It's like if you gave a chimp a computer they'd probably use as rudimentary tool to catch ants or something. Obviously this has come to pass which is cryptos have fallen dramatically this year 

Bitcoin is a useful concept. But, it doesn't scale to billions of transactions per day.

A blockchain cryptocurrency is not very suitable for large volumes of transactions.

A new scalable cryptocurrency will take over bitcoin in the future.

Because bitcoin couldn't be used as a real wallet due to lack of scalability, it was relegated to short-term investments.

It cannot be the secure wallet for billions.

Edited by CreamCat

16 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Na.

Bitcoin has the largest network effect.

Second layers solutions are already being implemented, as such as the Lightning Network to help with the scalability and speed up the transactions.

My knowledge of bitcoin was outdated. What about anonymity or pseudonymity? Last time I checked, bitcoin was not very anonymous or pseudonymous. Theoretically, government agencies with lots of money could reveal your real identity from bitcoin transactions.

2 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

My knowledge of bitcoin was outdated. What about anonymity or pseudonymity? Last time I checked, bitcoin was not very anonymous or pseudonymous. Theoretically, government agencies with lots of money could reveal your real identity from bitcoin transactions.

It is anonymous if you want it. You have to get your bitcoins from somewhere to your original wallet, and after you send those bitcoins, those can be traced back to your original wallet.

31 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Pseudonymity is where Bitcoin is at, at the moment

Even, pseudonymity is difficult to get. When I tried to buy bitcoins last time, I had a few options

• Buy it at a bitcoin ATM // Your picture is recorded by ATM. So, a government agency can identify you if it wants to badly.
  • Buy it from bitcoin exchanges // Your credit card information reveals your identity
  • Buy it from local bitcoin vendors // You have to meet them in person and pay in cash. This adds costs.
  • Buy it from bitcoin exchanges, convert bitcoins to monero coins, and convert monero coins gradually back to bitcoins over time. This incurs financial risks and is a form of investment.

The Bitcoin blockchain consumes gigantic amounts of electricity, and as long as that is the case I would consider it more of an orange technology in practice. It's not really sustainable the way it is now. 

Edited by Commodent

I am myself, heaven and hell.

I've been involved in the blockchain space for two years now... educating myself about it more and more gradually. I've also developed a lot in strategic and systems thinking, which has lately helped a lot to see, what is this technology really about.
I disagree with Leo, when he mentions Bitcoin in stage orange. Or rather I get an impression, that he might not have spent a lot of time researching it (which I'd understand), because this topic is fairly nuanced and complicated as of right now.
You have:

• bitcoin network - peer-to-peer payment network utilizing blockchain (enabled by economical incentives (mining))
  • Bitcoin - the actual cryptocurrency running on the bitcoin network, which can be speculated upon (it represents the value that's being exchanged on the network)
  • blockchain - distributed ledger technology, makes distributed consensus (trustless system) and therefore cryptocurrencies possible (there are more kinds of DLTs being used)

...it would be similar to calling the internet a stage orange. It is a technology, an invention, similar to the internet, which can be used in different ways by each spiral stage, therefore I'd definitely think of bitcoin as stage yellow.
Just think about the speculation around Tesla's stock prices (stage orange)... it doesn't make Tesla, the company, stage orange, does it?

There is a whole lot more cryptocurrencies, 2116 as of now, but since many of these are very poorly run projects or literal scams, I'd say there are at least 200 serious projects, which are trying to use this new piece of technology to disrupt existing systems (cutting out middle-men), make current systems more efficient (trust-less tech, near fee-less and instantaneous global transactions) or by creating whole new market opportunities (smart-contract security).
Although this technology is not yet fully developed and therefore not yet ready for mainstream adoption (it has been here for just 10 years), it is logical, that we will not see any major shifts so quickly. Even though the 2018 price levels don't look positive, there was actually a lot of growth in tech development and adoption (security token offerings, Bitcoin ETF and a lot more).

What is a nice example is helping the "unbanked" or "underbanked", who are people most of the time in developing countries, where traditional banking systems are not interested to offer their services, because of the lack of money or high instability in those regions. As soon as these people are able to acquire a smart device and internet connection, they can download a free cryptocurrency wallet, buy amazon gift card at a supermarket and then exchange it on a crypto-marketplace (like Paxful) for Bitcoin. They are now able to store digital cash and transact globally themselves.

I could go on and on, but I don't want to make my initial entry too complicated :D  I'd much rather react to questions or participate in a discussion further :)

@Dingo Lol, I said right above that BitCoin's stage depends on the person using it.

Last year's BitCoin bubble was a stage Orange phenomenon. But of course there is more to BitCoin than speculation.

For someone who is at extreme stage Orange like me, everything is for stage Orange purpose 

As a piece of technology, Bitcoin and Blockchain are stage-agnostic. Nowadays though, Bitcoin is used in a very manipulative Orange way. It is used by mainstream Orange individuals who do not understand how it works, or what it suppose to do.

The origin of blockchain is in cryptography. From what I've read, it is a very interesting system of keeping unfalsifiable records, by enforcing cryptographic hashing signatures. The theory itself is purely mathematical, but the practical aspect found itself mostly in currency. The original creators, in their paper, proposed an entirely new monetary system. Something that can, in fact, replace our currency forever.

I think it is a very deep and powerful idea, that is also, wayyy ahead of its time. Bitcoin is meant to replace our whole monetary system, this endeavor is huge. Similar to moving our industries into green energy. The technology is there, but the momentum of our systems and the psychological development of people, are holding us back.

What we have right now, is a bunch of Orange tech geeks, who use and misuse Bitcoin. This technology was never designed as an investment vehicle, online purchasing platform, anonymous transfers, price manipulations, excessive mining, buying and selling schemes and so forth. The real use will be to drop the US dollar and use Bitcoin for your everyday life. Not to flip bitcoin like stocks or rental properties. 

My conclusion is that Blockchain and Bitcoin are great technologies, that will be adopted in the future by Yellow societies. At the current stage of development though, Bitcoin became an abomination.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

The wisest people use Bitcoin to acquire the Holy Grail ;)

God bless

Holy_grail_.jpg

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

On 1/21/2019 at 7:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

The wisest people use Bitcoin to acquire the Holy Grail ;)

Is this a hint?

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Outdated thread. BitCoin isn't so private any more. Monero is better.

Bitcoin as a hedge against inflation.

Monero for privacy.

Chainlink for speculation.

Anyone have opinions?

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Ive recently been educating myself on trading in the markets, trying to integrate and transcend stage orange  hehe, for me that looks like speculating in cryptocurrencies because from what I can tell there has never been a better speculative asset class. I'd like to get this stage orange crap over with ASAP.

As far as money-making goes though it seems that there is a sort of purity to market speculation in that it is honest about it's devilry, and all participants are admittedly equally devilish and greedy. It is a zero-sum game, if I make money it means that someone else lost it but what else could someone in my lowly position be doing that would allow me to control large amounts of financial capital that wouldnt be worse? 

I can say definitively that the world will be better off for me having 100's of millions of dollars at my disposal because I would use that money for the highest consciousness purposes that I am capable of, so is it justifiable for me to participate in a zero-sum game?

Im curious what peoples moral appraisal of speculating in markets is relative to the other ways of making money.

@Etherial Cat It is what i'm into, got any hot tips? what does your portfolio look like?:D