Genghis Khan

I met an Enlightened Master

28 posts in this topic

This going to be a very long post, so bear with me. Lots of information here. I'm going to be sharing some information that is completely new to Actualized.org, so please bear with me. Also, I will refrain from putting his name on here out of respect for his privacy as well as my own. I have no clue who's reading this, so far all I know you might know the same guy, and maybe even know me in real life. If anything sounds familiar, try not to expose any personal information please.

Nothing will inspire you like meeting a truly enlightened master in the flesh. These kind of people are an enigma. They blend in seamlessly with society, yet they stand out as a beacon of peace, love, humility, innocence, and genius. I was surprised to find someone so developed in such a mundane environment. He wasn't a stereotypical guru, passing sacred teachings down to pupils in a holy temple, nor a hermit eating bugs in a cave. Nobody identified him as an enlightened master, except me. This guy was far beyond even acknowledging his own enlightened state. His only motive was to make fun out of life. You could say that he is an undercover Zen Master.

It wasn't just his enlightened, pure nature that was impressive. He was a classic Renaissance Man. He was a master in multiple fields. Writing, Music, Herbology, Engineering, Carpentry, Teaching, and Science are just a few of the skills he mastered that I know of. So this guy was not only Enlightened, but he was essentially a genius. He reminded me of characters like Leonardo Da Vinci, Galileo, Isaac Newton, Pythagoras, etc. He was far more intelligent than the average person, but he was incredibly humble and always encouraged others to commit to life-long learning. He wasn't haughty about his knowledge at all, he constantly made self-deprecating jokes and couldn't stop laughing at himself.

I'm sharing this story about this person because this person I met seems to embody the ultimate ideal of Actualized.org. He represents of the end result of Self-Mastery. This isn't just a guy who is Enlightened. This is a guy who has been Enlightened for many years and has crafted a totally authentic life. What's more impressive is that he seemed to have accomplished this on his own initiative, before the internet. He's so advanced, he'd probably see this website as mere child's play. Quite frankly, he is years ahead of where Actualized.org is. This is a guy who is in a constant state of flow. Everything he does is like rollercoaster ride to him. He just never stops having fun. He has a simple, yet perfect life. He's a walking paradox. He's on a completely different level from everyone else, yet totally down to Earth and normal. Most normal, everyday people would see him as an energetic, humorous, eccentric, yet laid back and relaxed guy. Only a spiritual seeker like myself would realize that he holds great wisdom and knowledge.

Hope you guys are excited, because I'm going to share everything (pertaining to spirituality and Self-Mastery) that he taught me right here on the forum. In this post, you will learn brand new, hardcore techniques for self-mastery that have never been mentioned on Actualized.org until now. His secret technique involved reprogramming the brain using modern technology in a very systematic and scientific manner. I warn you though, his techniques are extremely hardcore, and I would only recommend them to the most serious of practitioners, because it requires an enormous amount of work and discipline. It's a very unorthodox method, and given Leo's indulgence of unorthodox methods, I think he'll find these techniques especially interesting. Surprisingly enough, this is a method that is so underground and unheard of that I haven't even seen it mentioned here. In fact, I've never even used these techniques yet simply because they're beyond my level of expertise. If you want a clue, his techniques are based on the work of a great scientist and personal friend of his, known as John C. Lilly.

So where did I meet this guy? What did he look like? What interactions did I have with him? What "gave it away" that he was enlightened?

I met him in school. He is an English Composition teacher at my local community college. He's everybody's favorite teacher. He always made the subject matter fun and engaging. He is the most passionate college professor I've ever met. Listening to his lectures was like listening to a comedy sketch. He constantly cracked jokes, while still explaining the depth of the subject by taking complex topics and explaining them through simplistic metaphors. His class always had a fun and playful atmosphere, where everyone could get comfortable. He engaged each student personally and always made sure everyone was on the same page before moving on. Despite this, his class was the most difficult yet engaging English I've ever participated in. He went out of his way to make his curriculum as valuable and stringent as possible. He never had to take disciplinary action, although he did get frustrated when people used cell phones during his lectures, understandably.

He had a very eccentric appearance. He is a large, overweight man in his mid 50s. He sported long, unkempt hair, and he had a beard that was braided into two strands, each decorated with colorful beads. He also had big, bushy eyebrows as thick as cottonballs. He looked a bit like a pirate. He also wore circular framed glasses. He was of Sicilian descent. He had olive colored skin, and piercing, dark blue eyes. He had an incredibly powerful gaze. I often found it difficult to maintain direct eye contact with him. His eyes were deeply inquisitive. When he looks directly at you, he looks as though he's examining a complex machine and trying to understand how it works. It feels as though he is peering directly into the deepest parts of your psyche. His apparell was unfashionable, he only ever wore baggy jeans and t-shirts, it looked as though he only bought clothes from thrift stores.

Upon first meeting this man, I immediately found him likeable. We had many things in common. We both loved music and had similar taste, we both value knowledge and learning, we're both vegan, we both had long hair and a beard, we both had an interest in mystical teachings, we both are eccentric, and we both had an interest in psychedelics. He came across as a very mysterious guy. This was the first clue that he was someone who had been on the path. He had the energy of a child. His lectures were emotive and high-energy, pulling in everyone's attention in an almost hypnotic fashion. Again, his lectures were much like a comedy routine. His voice was loud, powerful, and expressive. He could react quickly to every situation. A lot of students, including me, would try to say something clever to him and attempt to outsmart him with trick questions, and he would always instantly come back with a clever retort, using humor to diffuse the question. His verbal acuity is rather impressive. He was authentic, yet incredibly clever at the same time.  The thing I loved the most about his teaching style was that he always took a higher perspective on the subject matter. He understood integral thinking, he took multiple perspectives on every subject and was always aware that there's always a different perspective of looking at things. A real "outside the box" thinker. He did well to incorporate an attitude of open-mindedness and nuance in his approach to teaching. I find it impressive that he ran a stage Yellow classroom, the first of which I've ever been a part of. Stage Yellow education is like education on steroids. His class alone was worth the tuition.

Now that you're acquainted with what kind of role this person played in my life, I'm going to share everything he said pertaining to spirituality, Self-Knowledge, and mysticism. How did I learn spiritual techniques from him? He did not normally bring these topics up, rather subtly referenced them in ways that only a spiritual seeker would pick up. He hinted at his own knowledge, leaving a bread crumb trail for me to follow. So how did I convince him to reveal his knowledge? In my assignments, I would insert references to non-duality. When he asked questions, I tried to give answers that came from a perspective of non-duality. One day, I brought up the topic in the middle of class. I started talking about self-inquiry and the truth of no self. His response was dismissive, as though I was telling him 2+2=4. "Been there, done that.", he tells me. A few minutes later he handed me a book and tells me that I'd enjoy it. The book was 'Programming and Metaprogramming the Human BioComputer' by John C. Lilly. He explained that this book will tell me everything I need to know about what I was asking him about. He told me about the author, John C. Lilly, explaining that he was a mad scientist who studied the behavior of dolphins and developed a method of communicating with them. He also invented the sensory deprivation tank. My teacher told me that he used the techniques explained in John C. Lilly's book, which is totally cutting edge in the field of psychedelics. It involves using LSD in sensory isolation. This book records the most important research into psychedelics and non-duality that has ever been done to this date.

So what this means is that my teacher literally built his own sensory deprivation tank and used John C. Lilly's techniques on himself. He didn't give me the details of the exact process, such as whether someone was helping him, or if he a psychoanalyst working with him. All he told me was that he followed the techniques in John C. Lilly's book.

I'm actually shocked that Leo has never mentioned the work of John C. Lilly. This is literally the most cutting edge research into psychedelics and Non-Duality that has ever been done. It's right up Leo's alley, yet he has never heard of it, or atleast never mentioned it. It's a scientific search for the self. I still don't fully understand this book, given the enormous complexity of this field. Every variable which could possibly influence the behavior of the human mind has to be accounted for. How do you isolate a mind so you can analyze only the internal stimuli without the unpredictable variables that arise when exposed to external stimuli? That's the approach in this book. It's about isolating the variables that take place internally in the human mind from the external stimuli of everyday life. It's through this process that you deprogram the basic assumptions of your primal self, the metaprogram that governs all of the mind's behavior. In this way, you can actually remetaprogram the human mind in ways that have never existed in nature before.

I might add more to this later on. I'm done writing for now.

Edited by Genghis Khan

@Genghis Khan it was a very interesting read; you should just pattern this thread and keep adding your material here, whenever you feel to write. I'm definately interested to say the least in metaphysical programming and what that is. But ill have to do some research and then i will give a comment. But this guy sounds pretty enlightened to me. In the olden days the smartest individuals on the block were the enlightened masters so its no suprise you view it this way, they have an aptitude for thinking in big patterns and education. 

Here is an excerpt from John C. Lilly's book, Programming and Metaprogramming the Human Biocomputer, to give you guys a sort of introduction to his work. It's probably formatted weird because I copied and pasted, I'll fix later.

BASIC ASSUMPTIONS

The basic assumptions are as follows:

1. The human brain is assumed to be an immense biocomputer, several thousands of times larger than any

constructed by Man from nonbiological components by 1965.

The numbers of neurons in the human brain are variously estimated at 13 billions (1.3 times ten to the tenth) with

approximately five times that many glial cells. This computer operates continuously throughout all of its parts and

does literally millions of computations in parallel simultaneously. It has approximately two million visual inputs and

one hundred thousand acoustic inputs. It is hard to compare the operations of such a magnificent computer to any

artificial ones existing today because of its very advanced and sophisticated construction.

2. Certain properties of this computer are known, others are yet to be found. One of these properties obviously is a

very large memory storage. Another is control over hundreds of thousands of outputs in a coordinated and program-

med fashion. Other examples are the storage and evocation of all those complex behaviors and perceptions known

as speech, hearing and language. Some of the more unusual properties of this computer are given further along in

this paper.

3. Certain programs are builtin, within the difficult-to-modify parts of the (macro and micro) structure of the brain

itself. At the lowest possible level such programs which are builtin are those of feeding, eating, sex, avoidance and

approach programs, certain kinds of fears, pains, etc.

4. Programs vary in their permanence, some are apparently evanescent and erasable, others operate without

apparent change for tens of years. Among the evanescent and erasable programs one might categorize the ability to

use visual projection in the service of one's own thinking. One finds this ability with a very high incidence among

children and a very low incidence among adults. An example of a program operating without change for tens of

years one can show handwriting, over a long series of years, to maintain its own unique patterns.

5. Programs are acquirable throughout life. Apparently no matter how old a person is, there is still a possibility of

acquiring new habits. The difficulties of acquisition may increase with age, however, it is not too sure that this is

correct. The problem may not be with acquiring programs so much as a decrease in the motivation for acquiring

programs.

6. The young newly growing computer acquires programs as its structure expands some of these take on the appea-

rance of builtin permanence. An example of such acquisition of programs in a child is in the pronunciation of words.

Once it agrees with those of the parents the pronunciation is very difficult to change later, i.e., there is really no great

motivation for the child to change a particular pronunciation when it is satisfactory to those who listen.

7. Some of the programs of the young growing computer are in the inherited genetic code; how these become active

and to what extent is known only in a few biochemical-behavioral cases, at variance with the expectable and usual

patterns of development. The socalled Mongoloid phenomenon is inherited and develops at definite times in the

individual's life. There are several other interesting clinical entities which appear to be genetically determined. To

elicit the full potential of the young growing computer requires special environments to avoid negative antigrowth

kinds of programs being inserted in the young computer early.

8. The inherited genetic programs place the upper and the lower bounds on the total real performance and on the

potential performance of the computer at each instant of its life span. Once again we are assuming that the best

environment is presented to the young organism at each part of its life span. It is not meant to imply that such an

environment currently is being achieved. This basic assumption seems highly probable but would be very difficult to

test.

9. The major problems of the research which are of interest to the author center on the erasability, modifiability, and

creatability of programs. In other words, I am interested in the processes of finding metaprograms (and methods and

substances) which control, change, and create the basic metaprograms of the human computer. It is not known

whether one can really erase any program. Conflicting schools of thought go from the extremes that

one stores

everything within the computer and never erases it

to

only the important aspects and functions are stored in the

computer

and hence, there is no problem of erasing. Modifications of already existing programs can be done with

more or less success. The creation of new programs is a difficult assignment. How can one recognize a new

program once it is created? This new program may merely be a variation on already stored programs.

10. To date some of the metaprograms are unsatisfactory (educational methods for the very young, for example). It

is doubtful if any metaprogram is fully satisfactory to the inquiring mind. Some are assumed to be provisionally

satisfactory for current heuristic reasons. To keep an open mind and at the same time a firm enough belief in certain

essential metaprograms is not easy; in a sense we are all victims of the previous metaprograms which have been

laid down by other humans long before us.

11. The human computer has

general purpose

properties within its limits. The definition of

general purpose

implies

the ability to attack problems that differ not only in quantitative degree of complexity but also that differ qualitatively

in the levels of abstraction in the content dealt with. One can shift rapidly one's mind and its attention from one area

of human activity to another with very little delay in the reprogramming of one's self to the new activity. The broader

the front of such reprogramming the more general purpose the computer is. The ability to move from the interhuman

business world to the laboratory world of the scientist would be an example of a fairly general purpose computer.

The human computer has

stored program

properties. A stored program is a set of instructions which are placed

in the memory storage system of the computer and which control the computer when orders are given for that pro-

gram to be activated. The activator can either be another system within the same computer, or someone, or some

situation outside the computer.

The human computer, within limits yet to be defined, has "selfprogramming" properties, and otherpersons programming

properties. This assumption follows naturally from the previous one but brings in the systems

within the mind which operate at one level of abstraction above that of programming. As is shown in Fig. 1, one

literally has to talk about selfmetaprogramming as well as selfprogramming. This does not imply that the whole

computer can bethought of as the self.

Only small portions of the systems operating at a given instant are taken up

by the selfmetaprograms. In other words there has to be room for the huge store of programs themselves, of already

builtin circuitry for instinctual processes, etc. All of these exist in addition to others leaving only a portion of the

circuitry available for the selfmetaprograms. The next section emphasizes this aspect.

14. This computer has selfmetaprogramming properties, with limits determinable and to be determined.

(Note:

selfmetaprogramming is done consciously in metacommand language. The

resulting programming then

starts

and continues

below the threshold of awareness). Similarly, each computer has a certain level of ability in

metaprogramming othersnotself.

15. The older classifications of fields of human endeavor and of science are redefinable with this view of the human

brain and the human mind. For example, the term

suggestibility

has often been used in a limited context of program-

ming and of being programmed by someone outside. Hypnotic phenomena are seen when a given computer allows

itself to be more or less completely programmed by another one.

Metaprogramming is

considered a more inclusive

term than

suggestibility.

Metaprogramming considers sources, inputs, outputs, and central processes rather than just

the end result of the process (see Fig. 1). Suggestibility names only the property of receiving orders and carrying

them out rather than considering the sources, inputs, outputs, and central processes (ref. H. Bernheim, Clark Hull).

16. The mind is defined as the sum total of all the programs and the metaprograms of a given human computer,

whether or not they are immediately elicitable, detectable, and visibly operational to the self or to others. (Thus, in

alternative terminology, the mind includes unconscious and instinctual programs.) This definition and basic

assumption has various heuristic advantages over the older terminologies and concepts. The mind-brain dichotomy

is no longer necessary with this new set of definitions.

The mind is the sum of the programs and metaprograms,

i.e., the software of the human computer.

17. The brain is defined as the visible palpable living set of structures to be included in the human computer; the

computer's real boundaries in the body are yet to be fully described (biochemical and endocrinological feedback from

target organs, for example). The boundary of the brain, of course, may be considered as the limits of the extensions

of the central nervous system into the periphery. One would include here also the so-called

autonomic

nervous

system as well as the CNS.

18. There is in certain fields of human thinking and endeavor, a necessity to have a third entity, sometimes including,

sometimes not needing the brain-mind-computer; commonly this entity is defined as existing by theologians and

other persons interested in religion. Whether the term "spirit" or "soul" or other is used is immaterial in this frame-

work. Such terms inevitably come up in the discussion of the ultimate meanings of existence, the origins of the

brainmind computers, the termination or the destinations of self after bodily death, and the existence or non-

existence of minds greater than ours, within or outside of braincomputers. This extra-brain-mind-computer entity can

be included in this theory if and when needed. (I agree that such assumptions may be needed to give overall

meaning to the whole of Man. Religion is an area for experimental science. Work starts in this area with the basic

assumptions of William James, the great psychologist. The definitions in this area of this theory may be expanded in

the future. Some compound term like "brain-mind-spirit-computer may be developed at that time). There is still the

problem of the existence theorem to be satisfied in regard to this third entity. There are some persons who assume it

exists; there are others who assume it does not exist.

Certain chemical substances have programmatic and/or metaprogrammatic effects, i.e., they change the

operations of the computer, some at the programmatic level and some at the metaprogrammatic level.

Some substances which are of interest at the metaprogrammatic level are those that allow reprogramming, and those that

allow and facilitate modifications of the metaprograms. (The old terms for these substances are loaded with diag-

nostic, therapeutic, medical, moral, ethical, and legal connotation). To be scientifically useful the social connotations

are removed. Such terms as "psychopharmacologically active drugs", "psychotomimetics", "tranquilizers", "narcotics",

"drugs," "anaesthetics", "analgesic", etc. are used in a new theory without the therapeutic, diagnostic, moral, ethical,

and legal connotations; all of this area should be subjected to careful reevaluation with the new view in mind.

Applications of good theory to the social levels may help to unravel this area of controversy.

For example, the term "reprogramming substances" may be appropriate for compounds like lysergic acid diethyl-

amide. For substances like ethyl alcohol the term "metaprogram-attenuating substances" may be useful. Similarly the

theory proposed may be useful in other areas in the classical fields of psychopharmacology, neurophysiology, bio-

chemistry, and psychology, among others. Some of the detailed operations of the brain itself can be operationally

organized to show how programs are carried out by excitationinhibitiondisinhibition patterns among and in neural

masses and sheets (for example, the reticular activating-inhibiting system, the rewardpunishment systems, the

cerebralcortical conditionable systems, etc.).

20. It is not intended that I be dogmatic in the new definitions of this version of the theory.

Speed in the recording of the ideas is preferred to perfection of the concepts and deriving the ultimate in internal

consistency. As the theory grows, so may grow its accuracy and applicability. It is intended that the theory remains

as openminded as possible without sacrificing specificity in hazy generality. The language chosen is as close to

basic English as possible.

As the theory develops, a proper kind of symbolism may be developed to succinctly summarize the points and allow

manipulations of the logic to elucidate elaborations of the argument in various cases.

It is known that the common "machinelanguage" of mammalian brains is not yet discovered.

The selfmetaprogram

language is some individual variation of the basic native language in each specific human case. All of the

levels and each level expressed in the selfmetaprogram language for selfprogramming cover very large

segments of the total operation of the computer, rather than details of its local operations.

Certain concepts of

the operation of computers, once effectively introduced into a given mindbraincomputer, change its metaprograms

rapidly. Language now takes on a new precision and power in the programming process.

21. Certain kinds of subjective experience reveal some aspects of the operations of the computer to the self.

Changes in the states of consciousness are helpful in delineating certain aspects of the bounds and the limits of

these operations. Inspection of areas of stored data and programs not normally available is made possible by special

techniques.

Special aspects and areas of stored programs can be visualized, felt, heard, lived through or

replayed, or otherwise elicited from memory storage by means of special techniques and special instructions.

The evocation can be confined to one or any number of sensory modes, with or without motor replay simultaneously.

22. After and even during evocation from storage, within certain limits, desired attenuations, corrections, additions,

and new creations with certain halflives can be made. These can be done with (fixed but as yet not determinable)

halflives in conscious awareness, and can subsequently be weakened or modified or replaced, to a certain extent to

be determined individually.

An unmodifiable halflife can turn up for certain kinds of programs subjected to

antithetical metaprograms, i.e., orders to weaken, modify or replace a program act as antithetical metapro-

grams to already existing programs or metaprograms.

23. New areas of conscious awareness can be developed, beyond the current conscious comprehension of the self.

With courage, fortitude, and perseverance the previously experienced boundaries can be crossed into new territories

of subjective awareness and experience. New knowledge, new problems, new puzzles are found in the innermost

explorations. Some of these areas may seem to transcend the operations of the mindbraincomputer itself. In these

areas there may be a need for the metacomputer mappings; but first the evasions constructed by the computer itself

must be found, recognized, and reprogrammed.

New

knowledge often turns out to be merely

and hidden

knowledge

after mature contemplative analysis.

24. Some kinds of material evoked from storage seem to have the property of passing back in time beyond the

beginning of this brain to previous brains at their same stage of development; there seems to be a passing of

specific information from past organisms through the genetic code to the present organism; but, again, this idea may

be a convenient evasion, avoiding deeper analysis of self. One cannot make this assumption that storage in memory

goes back beyond the spermegg combination or even to the spermegg combination until a wishful phantasy cons-

tructed to avoid analyzing one's self ruthlessly and objectively is eliminated.

Apparently not all programs are revisable.

The reasons seem various; some are held by feedback established

with other mindbraincomputers in the life involvement necessary for procreation, financial survival, and practice of

business or profession. Other nonrevisable programs are those written in emergencies in the early growth years of

the computer. The programs dealing with survivals of the young self sometimes seem to have been written in a hurry

in desperate attempts to survive; these seem most intransigent.

Priority lists of programs can function as metaprograms.

Certain programs have more value than others. By

making such lists the individual can find desired revision points for rewriting important metaprograms. In other words

it is important to determine what is important in one's own life.

27. The basic bodily and mental function programs and their various forms dealt with in verbalvocal modes (words,

speech, etc.) have been described in great detail in the psychoanalytic literature. Evasion, denial, and repressionare

varieties of metaprograms dealing with the priority list of programs.

Metaprograms to hide (repress) certain kinds

of storage material are commonly found in certain persons.

Such analyses are confined to the verbalvocal-

acoustic modes.

Encounters with other persons in the real world are much more powerful in terms of modi-

fications of programs than either psychoanalysis or selfanalysis.

For example learning through sexual inter-

course cannot be given through the verbalvocal

mode.

28. The detailed view of certain kinds of nonspeech, nonverbal learning programs, i.e., some of the methods of

introducing such programs and parts thereof, are exemplified in the work of I. P. Pavlov and of B. F. Skinner. Some

of these results are the teaching and the learning of a simple code or language, a code with nonverbal elements

(nonvocalized and nonacoustic) with autonomic components (Gordon Pask, 1966). Other motor outputs than the

phonation apparatus are used.

The rewardpunishment dichotomy or spectrum is critically important within the human computer's

operations.

The fact of various CNS circuits existing as reward and as "punishment" systems when stimulated by artificial or by

natural inputs must be taken into account (Lilly, J. C., 1957, 1958, 1959). The powerful emotional underpinnings of

"movement toward" and "movement away" must be included, as well as the acquisition of code symbols for these

processes. Such symbols tend to set up the priority hierarchies of basic operational programs in microformat

(nonverbal) and in macroformat (verbal). Too often, "accidental" juxtaposition seems to key off improper hierarchical

relations at the outset, with resulting priorities set by "first occurrence" spontaneous configurations, un-planned and

unprepared. With a new view and a new approach, with planned "spontaneities" graded by order of occurrence,

proper program priorities could be set at the beginning of the computer's life history.

The maintenance of general

purpose properties from the early human years to adulthood is a worthwhile metaprogram.

The positive (pleasure producing) and negative (pain or fear producing) aspects of the programs and metaprograms

strike at the very roots of motivational energies for the computer. One aspect of Iysergic acid diethylamide is that it

can give an overall positive motivational aspect to the individual in the LSD

state. This may facilitate program

modifications, but it also can facilitate seeking pleasure as a goal of itself.

30. Various special uses of the human computer entail a

principle of the competing use of the limited amount of

total available apparatus.

To hold and to display the accepted view of reality in all its detail and at the same time to

program another state of consciousness is difficult; there just isn't enough human brain circuitry to do both jobs in

detail perfectly. Therefore special conditions give the best use of the whole computer for exploring, displaying, and

fully experiencing new states of consciousness; physical isolation (only with special limited stimulation patterns, if

any) (Lilly, 1956) gives the fullest and most complete experiences of the internal explorations. One such extreme

condition is profound physical isolation (isothermicity, zerolevel visible quanta, sonic levels below threshold, minimum

gravitational resisting unit area forces, minimum internal stimulation intensity, minimum respiration stimulus level,

etc.). This condition can give some additional new states of consciousness the "necessary lowlevel evenness of

context" in which to develop. These results are facilitated by minimizing the necessities for computing the present

demands of the physical reality and its calculable present consequences

(physical reality programs).

Using this principle of the competitive use of portions of the available brain it is important to understand why, for

example, a large amount of

hallucinating

would not be permissible in our present society. If a person is actively

projecting visual images in three dimensions from his stored programs, he may not have enough of his brain

functioning in ordinary modes to take care of him with regard to say, gravity, automobiles, and similar hazards. He

may become so involved in the projection in the visual field that the inputs from reality itself have to be sacrificed

and their quality reduced. It is apparently this danger which teaches us to inhibit

hallucinations

(i.e., visual projection

displays) in the very young children.

31. The principle of the competitive use of available computer structure has a

corollary: the larger the computer is,

the larger the total number of metaprograms and of programs storable, and the larger the space which can be

used for one or more of the currently active programs simultaneously operating.

The larger the number of

actuable elements in the brain the greater the abilities to simultaneously deal with the current reality program and to

reinvoke a past storedreality program. The quality of the details of the reinvoked program and the quality of the

operations in the current physical reality are a direct function of the computer's absolute functional size, all other

values being equal.

There may be brains which are large enough to simultaneously project from storage into the visual field and also to

function adequately in the outside environment. At least conceptually this is a possibility. This partition of the pro-

grams among various modes of operation of course are included in our definition of the general purpose nature of

this particular computer.

The "consciousness program" itself is expandable and contractible within the computer's structure within

certain limits.

In coma, this program is very nearly inoperative; in ordinary states of awareness it needs a fair

fraction of the machinery to function. In expanded states of consciousness the fraction of the total computer devoted

to its operation expands to a large value. If the consciousness is sensorially expanded maximally, there is little

structure left for motoric initiation of complex interaction and vice versa. If motor initiation is expanded, the sensorial

creations are reduced in scope. If neither sensorial nor motor activities are expanded, more room is available for

cognition and/or feeling, etc.

33. The steady state values of the fractions of the total computer each devoted to a separate program at a given

instant add up to the total value of one. The value of a given fraction can fluctuate with time. The places used in the

computer also change.

In general there are delineable major systems of metaprograms and of programs competing for the

available circuitry.

The methods of categorizing these competing programs depend on the observer's metapro-

grams. One system divides the competitors into visual, acoustic, proprioceptive, emotive, inhibitory, excitory,

disinhibitory, motor, reflexive, learned, appetitive, pleasurable, and painful. This system is used in neurophysiology

and comparative physiology.

35. Another system of classification divides the competing metaprograms and programs into oral, anal, genital,

defensive, sublimated, conscious, unconscious, libidinal, aggressive, repressive, substitutive, resistive, tactical,

strategic, successful, unsuccessful, passive, feminine, active, masculine, pleasure, pain, regressive, progressive,

fixated, ego, id, superego, ego ideal. This is the system of classification employed by psychoanalysis.

36. Another system divides the competitors into animal, humanistic, moral, ethical, financial, social, altruistic,

professional, free, wealthy, poor, progressive, conservative, liberal, religious, powerful, weak, political, medical, legal,

economical, national, local, engineering, scientific, mathematical, educational, humanistic, childlike, adolescent,

mature, wise, foolish, superficial, deep, profound, thorough, etc. This is a classification which is employed in general

by humanitarians and intellectuals.

37. The classifications of metaprograms and/or of programs by the above methods illustrate some useful principles

to be included. There is probably a set of better schemes than any of the above ones. Such new systematizations

are needed; the principles in this theory may be useful in setting them up at every level of functioning of

the computer.

Edited by Genghis Khan

I'm going to order the book, 50/50 chance I actually receive it, last book one personal development ironically got stolen in front of my house.  Our amazon packages get swiped within an hour or so haha

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

11 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Genghis Khan U are a gold mine B|

I guess I'm just filling in for Leo this week lol

You guys need a fresh supply of juicy insights. It's time to go even deeper on this forum before we stall out and stagnate.

Edited by Genghis Khan

12 minutes ago, zambize said:

I'm going to order the book, 50/50 chance I actually receive it, last book one personal development ironically got stolen in front of my house.  Our amazon packages get swiped within an hour or so haha

You don't have to order a physical copy, you know. You can read it for free here

Copyright 1967... I'm just hearing about this now!

Fascinating read. Thank you for the link!

On my path. I’ve met many enlightened teachers. People others called master. In various levels of enlightenment.

I’ve gotten to know some of them, became their students, left them, sometimes there was even quite a bit of drama.

Each time though upon meeting them. My mind that loved the idea of someone knowing everything. My mind that feared my directionless lost state of mind. That projected all its hopes on this person, viewed that person as a master.  In awe I would speak of their humility, their amazingness. In reality I was just reassuring myself that what I was seeking was possible.

Buddhas are uncommon in history. By that I mean Perfect embodiments. Perfect.

Your average enlightened person or “master” is far from that, and far from being worthy of being spoken about in such manner. Learn from teachers. Be the best you can be, and outgrow all. 

12 minutes ago, Genghis Khan said:

You don't have to order a physical copy, you know. You can read it for free here

Yummy ty

@Sahil Pandit. D:: okay please return my Indian roommates Visa documents lmfao, its rough living in the city 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@Arhattobe  I understand your point and I'd like to clarify that my writing style is only meant to express that this is a person who has clearly done a lot of inner work. I mean it as an inspiration. I'm certain that there are important insights that are talked about on this forum that this particular person hasn't heard about. There's a lot of diversity in this field.

Edited by Genghis Khan

@Genghis Khan ❣️ Great:) Just wanted to add my 2 cents in hopes of it resonating with anyone that might read this post. 

I'm wondering whether Leo has read this book. I'm bumping this while he's online in the hope he sees this. It'd be interesting to see what he does with this information.

1 minute ago, Genghis Khan said:

I'm wondering whether Leo has read this book. I'm bumping this while he's online in the hope he sees this. It'd be interesting to see what he does with this information.

@Leo Gura

Please share your thoughts on John C. Lilly and the book ''The human biocomputer''

also on using sensory deprivation tank+LSD to get WOKE

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Genghis Khan thank you for your detailed report.

why don't you ask him if he'd like to come here to aid tons of confused people that are looking for help? :)

unborn Truth

21 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Genghis Khan thank you for your detailed report.

why don't you ask him if he'd like to come here to aid tons of confused people that are looking for help? :)

He might be the one getting out of here more confused than before lol.

Okay jokes aside, I'll share a personal view. No intention of degrading OP or anything regarding that :)

I've found myself having a tremendous impression on many college professors(not all). Their whole business has been about studying a very narrow specialized field for decades and communicating that in various forms. Their lectures sound extremely eloquent, it seems they are in a deep flow state when they are giving lectures(and they are! as the they know the subject matter from inside out).

Those who care to listen attentively, inevitably get along with the professor's flow state. Exactly like, how you see a super athlete/artist perform and you get the a very palpable high just by watching them perform on a flat screen. That's how powerful flow states and synchronization can be and that's why extraordinary entertaining skill is so much valued and worshipped all over the world. People spend 1000s of $$$ and effort and time just to be present at the venue and get a taste of that live. Even telecasting it can't annihilate that power of flow state.

I've had mixed feelings in these lectures of flow state professor. Some times I rode the flow with them, sometimes my low-esteem got crippled in contrast to that superior fluency of the flow state. You feel like a mouse in front of a cat on steroids. Looking back, now I feel that most of my college years that was full of episodes of anxiety attacks had something to do with this.

It's only recently that I had to work it out, realizing that those professors no matter how fluent they are, no matter how it seems they got it all figured out absolutely, they cannot possibly know everything as they appear to be. But they sure have mastered a specialized message and the delivery of that message. Their 'performance' palpably leave a solid impression on anyone who cares to pay attention.

The purpose of my post is to highlight this very common tendency of students of not having a big picture and superimposing a sense of absolute perfection on teachers(doesn't matter what they teach).

It is actually not their 'wisdom' that impresses us. It's more like the huge 'knowledge gap' that creates a solid impression on the student. Just like a super pro tennis player will watch another super tennis player playing very normally and probably won't bat his eye because he too can and have done this same business. But for the spectators who are like ants compared to humans when it comes to playing tennis, it leaves a super impression on them

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

So, the lesson is to take LSD in a sensory deprivation tank?