Dan Arnautu

List of Role Models for Every Spiral Dynamics Stage

53 posts in this topic

This is what I have till now. You can add yours.

Stage Orange Role Models

• Gary Vaynerchuk
  • RSD Max
  • RSD Tyler
  • RSD Jeffy
  • Todd Valentine
  • Robert Greene
  • Tai Lopez
  • Ray Dalio
  • Jack Canfield
  • Bob Proctor
  • Christian Guzman
  • Thomas Frank 
  • Shawn Thomas
  • Patrick Bet-David
  • Evan Carmichael
  • David Goggins
  • Jordan Peterson
  • Tim Feriss
  • Aaron Marino
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • Kinobody
  • Stephen Covey
  • Napolean Hill
  • Cal Newport
  • Seth Godin
  • Robert Kiyosaki
  • Neil Strauss
  • Coach Corey Wayne
  • Dale Carnegie
  • Brian Rose
  • Will Smith

Stage Green Role Models

• Vishuddha Das
  • Krystal Aranyani
  • RSD Tyler
  • RSD Julien
  • Bob Marley
  • Psyched Substance  
  • Bill Gates
  • Neil Strauss
  • Richard Branson

Stage Yellow Role Models

• Joe Rogan
  • Geoffrey Miller
  • Leo Gura
  • Jonathan Haidt
  • Marting Seligman
  • Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
  • Abraham Maslow
  • Joseph Campbell
  • Peter Ouspensky
  • David Bohm
  • Einstein
  • Douglas Hofstadter
  • Steven Pinker
  • Noam Chomsky
  • Don Beck
  • Richard Feynman
  • Jacque Derrida
  • Michel Foucault
  • Leonardo da Vinci

Stage Turquoise Role Models

• Sadhguru
  • Leo Gura
  • Mooji
  • Shinzen Young
  • Om Swami
  • Adyashanti
  • Stan Grof
  • Ram Dass
  • Wayne Dyer 
  • Osho
  • Don Miguel Ruiz
  • Ken Wilber 
  • David Deida
  • Eckhart Tolle
  • Byron Katie
  • Marcus Aurelius
  • Plato
  • Epictetus
  • Seneca
  • Socrates
  • Dr. David R. Hawkins
  • Carlos Castaneda
  • Peter Ralston
  • Jed McKenna
  • Alan Watts
  • Martin Ball
  • Gandhi
  • Matt Kahn
Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Lorcan I gave the list based on my own level and teachers I resonate with. I am almost fully into green, with a bit of orange to integrate so I don't need stage red or blue role models.

That's why I invite you to come up with your own examples for the stages you need, especially because different people resonate with different role models. I am trying to make this a group exercise.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Role models is a tricky one since your followers and fans don't have to be in the same stage as you. For example I know orange, green and yellow people who would call Owen Cook (RSD Tyler) a role model.

Yellow:

Eben pagan 

Orange:

Jocko willink 

Turquoise: 

David r Hawkins 

Edited by d0ornokey

3 hours ago, Dan Arnautu said:

I am almost fully into green, with a bit of orange to integrate so I don't need stage red or blue role models.

Actually, even if you are solidly at Green it is very likely you still have lessons to learn from healthy Blue and Red and even Purple role models.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually, even if you are solidly at Green it is very likely you still have lessons to learn from healthy Blue and Red and even Purple role models.

Hmm, I don't know what healthy Red or Purple would look like. I don't know these stages very well. I'm waiting for your videos on these two and then I'm gonna delve into the books on spiral dynamics. 

Thank you for the advice. I'm gonna definitely check what's left to integrate and learn from those as well now that you pointed this out.

17 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

Hmm, I don't know what healthy Red or Purple would look like. I don't know these stages very well.

Therein lies the trick. It takes some work to understand the healthy versions of the lower stages.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Dan Arnautu  Awesome! By the way, how are Tyler and Julien in green instead of orange, I don't get it... Maybe I misunderstand them or not know their content enough...

@Leo Gura  More Spiral dynamics videos please! Purple and red would be awesome, especially their integrations. 

Maybe the healthy aspects of beige include understanding your instincts, mastering your physiology, exercise... So we can continue from there @Dan Arnautu :D 

Was Gandhi actually turquoise or green? Where is Nelson Mandela on the spiral, is he mostly green, or above?

@Cepzeu My pleasure. ;)

@d0ornokey Good addition. I love Jocko. Though David R. Hawkins was already in there.

@BjarkeT Thanks. Feel free to help us make it bigger.

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

@Dan Arnautu  Awesome! By the way, how are Tyler and Julien in green instead of orange, I don't get it... Maybe I misunderstand them or not know their content enough...

Julien deleted all his pickup videos and wants to be a pure self-help teacher now from what I saw. I created some of his recent facebook ads and social media creatives and from the content I needed to go through for that, it seems that he is moving into green pretty well.

He wants to teach people how to get over childhood trauma, insecurities, learn how to meditate, become awesome human beings etc. He is not interested in teaching people how to pick up girls and have sex anymore. He just released 'Transformation Mastery Academy', which is pretty dope.

Tyler also recently got into healthy vegan eating, juicing, taking herbs, getting rid of outcome dependency, teaching how to build genuine relationships and confidence etc. He still has a plenty of orange, but he is slowly moving into green.

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

Was Gandhi actually turquoise or green? Where is Nelson Mandela on the spiral, is he mostly green, or above?

I think Nelson Mandela was green, although I haven't studied him that much.

Hmmm, yeah, on second thought, Gandhi might also have also been only green, but idk. I started his autobiography ('Experiments with Truth') a while ago but I got bored of it a quarter way through. I don't know him well enough. What I know of him is from the autobiography and the movie 'Gandhi'.

@Dan Arnautu I see, didn't know that about Julien. Tyler always seemed like the „mature“ one among the RSD guys :D The things that Gandhi and Mandela accomplished seem too big, it's hard to believe that they were green, but maybe it was like that :) When I read Leo's comments about SD, I realize how little I know haha... Is Naruto a viable stage green role model? xD He is super inspirational... Also Goggins' principals work well in higher colours too, not just orange imo :)  

2 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

Dan Arnautu  Awesome! By the way, how are Tyler and Julien in green instead of orange, I don't get it... Maybe I misunderstand them or not know their content enough...

I'd actually put Julien and Tyler at yellow. Some of there content is way more advanced than just pick up. However their market is definitely orange so I think they can easily slip into orange as that's where the money is 

@Consept Intelligent orange can easily be mistaken for yellow from my experience :D But I don't watch their content so... I don't know well enough. 

19 minutes ago, Consept said:

I'd actually put Julien and Tyler at yellow. Some of there content is way more advanced than just pick up. However their market is definitely orange so I think they can easily slip into orange as that's where the money is 

Hmm, maybe.

Allthough, I think Julien is going through a full on green phase, comical clothing style and all. 

Yeah, almost all of their audience is orange. Tyler has to hold the whole RSD brand together, and at this point I think his business is starting to stunt his growth at orange, with a little lenicency towards green (cuz he has a fraction of his audience at green too) . 

2 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Consept Intelligent orange can easily be mistaken for yellow from my experience :D But I don't watch their content so... I don't know well enough. 

I get you but I just get a more advanced vibe from them, I might be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Dan Arnautu said:

Hmm, maybe.

Allthough, I think Julien is going through a full on green phase, comical clothing style and all. 

Yeah, almost all of their audience is orange. Tyler has to hold the whole RSD brand together, and at this point I think his business is starting to stunt his growth at orange, with a little lenicency towards green (cuz he has a fraction of his audience at green too) . 

Yeah Julien definitely evolved, I just think it's more yellow as I think the content has really evolved and also if it was full on green there would be more of a reaction from an orange audience. But I feel both Tyler and Julien have to dumb it down or talk about more orange topics because of the audience but even within that I think they do it from a more evolved place. I personally can't listen to any other pick up artists anymore apart from them and only when they don't go into pick up too much 

7 hours ago, Dan Arnautu said:

Hmm, I don't know what healthy Red or Purple would look like. I don't know these stages very well. I'm waiting for your videos on these two and then I'm gonna delve into the books on spiral dynamics.

For Purple I'd add shamans (unfortunately I don't know any specific ones)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Therein lies the trick. It takes some work to understand the healthy versions of the lower stages.

It takes a real solid Yellow to see the healthy versions and also without judgment. @Leo Gura where would you put Immanuel Kant and Aristotle? Blue or Orange?

Here are some off the top of my head I'd throw out...

Stage Blue:

• Marcus Aurelius 
  • Socrates
  • The Marathon Monks of Mt. Hiei
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Confucius
  • Chuang Tzu

Stage Orange:

• Tony Robbins
  • Tripp Kramer (Tripp Advice)
  • Sigmund Freud
  • Sam Harris (he got me into enlightenment with the 26 minute guided meditation so I'll give him a shoutout for that at least)
  • Renate Descartes
  • Simon Sinek

Stage Green:

• Ram Dass
  • Koi Fresco/Vishuddha Das

Stage Yellow:

• Mark Hyman
  • Aldous Huxley
  • Carl Jung (though he was peaking into Turquoise by the end of his life)
  • Obama

Stage Turquoise:

• Shunyamurti

52 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

For Purple I'd add shamans (unfortunately I don't know any specific ones)

It takes a real solid Yellow to see the healthy versions and also without judgment. @Leo Gura where would you put Immanuel Kant and Aristotle? Blue or Orange?

Here are some off the top of my head I'd throw out...

Stage Blue:

• Marcus Aurelius 
  • Socrates
  • The Marathon Monks of Mt. Hiei
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Confucius
  • Chuang Tzu

Stage Orange:

• Tony Robbins
  • Tripp Kramer (Tripp Advice)
  • Sigmund Freud
  • Sam Harris (he got me into enlightenment with the 26 minute guided meditation so I'll give him a shoutout for that at least)
  • Renate Descartes
  • Simon Sinek

Stage Green:

• Ram Dass
  • Koi Fresco/Vishuddha Das

Stage Yellow:

• Mark Hyman
  • Aldous Huxley
  • Carl Jung (though he was peaking into Turquoise by the end of his life)
  • Obama

Stage Turquoise:

• Shunyamurti

Are you sure Marcus Aurelius and Socrates belong in blue?  What was your reasoning for this placement?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows