NoSelfSelf

Why meditate?

16 posts in this topic

Why meditate(actively) after you reached enlightement when you are 98% of the time in no mind....

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Leaving aside any claim of enlightenment,,,, Maintenance.

If I don't boss my Automaton into sitting still in Centering Prayer twice a day, it has a runaway.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

because of the 2%? :D

only you will be able to answer this. or try to find a statement of a person who achieved this living. 

These speculative questions about “what’s it like after enlightenment?” are not particularly helpful because they can feed an “enlightenment story” that can become a distraction. 

One doesn't need to speculate and get immersed in storytelling about what enlightenment would be like.  One can do self exploration and find out right now in one’s own direct experience.

Thats not what im asking why they continue to meditate after enlightement if they are in no mind...im saying they because saying i have no mind has a bad rep :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

@Bluff whats here so hard to understand?

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf idk maybe they just mediate for the lols. Maybe the mediate because they're bored and there are perhaps few things more enjoyable. A passionate , master level athlete will keep doing his craft for fun even if he won't make progress and even if he can't enter any competitions . 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Enlightenment is not the end all be all in terms of progress. With mind you can go even deeper. There is a difference between someone who has been enlightened and no mind for 1 year and between enlightened and no mind and still practicing for 20 years, as you might guess

Edited by YaNanNallari

I believe that even once one becomes "Enlightened" it would only be wise and only natural to continue these practices simply because we love doing them and because we do it out of passion and eternal self-exploration. Each time is always a new, refreshing & illuminating experience, no matter how "Enlightened" one gets...

Perhaps it would even sustain your 98% results.

Even the "Enlightened one" continues to have fresh insights & epiphanies until their departure arrives.

There are countless forms of meditations to experiment with or to master as well.

It's wonderful to consider meditation as a lifelong journey and endless learning expedition rather than something you no longer need once you reached a certain level. One is always learning and gaining more wisdom.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

well first off there are different kinds of meditation.

not all meditation practices are designed for attaining enlightenment!

after enlightenment yo may  stop doing the meditations geared for attaining enlightenment (generally these are your self inquiry and vipassana), but you may take up the ones which develop emotional mastery and release traumas, for instance 

or you may find those vipassana meditations have other uses

something about the spiritual path to realize is that it never ends. 

Edited by Bobby

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

One shouldn't get obsessed with meditation. Meditation is only a primer for the 'I'.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.