Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,791 posts in this topic

In Leo's blog just now,,, you might want to go read.

It begins -

The following is a word-for-word conversation that I had with Infinite Intelligence on 9/1/2019. I first scrawled it down by hand in a yellow legal pad. Then I typed it out below:

=========================================================

I am Infinite Mind describing itself to itself.

What is the substance of mind?

Nothing, Void, Emptiness, Infinity, Pure Potential, Lack of Differentiation. A mind is a thing which differentiates.

What is a Mind?,,,,,,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot Is this you getting gaslighted like you were predicting?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

?‍♂️ Shit fire! I guess so,,,,?

From a direction I wasn't looking towards

A green bush might get scorched but it doesn't burn.

@tsuki  I think you're the only one who has a copy of The Oracle of the Cosmic Way. If you happen to have any leisure time for pondering, the following might give you a chuckle. 

Yesterday my I CHING reading was 47 Line 4 giving a second hexagram of 29.

Youre probably too busy for all that and that's cool also.

Those readings can be right ON sometimes,,,,, ?

@Zigzag Idiot I will read it when I get back home. I hope you're OK.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 minute ago, tsuki said:

@Zigzag Idiot I will read it when I get back home. I hope you're OK.

I'm just fine.

Thank you.

I'm probably going to contact @Emerald before too long and get her council regarding a couple of different tangles.

I trust her advice and her take on different things.

43 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I'm probably going to contact @Emerald before too long and get her council regarding a couple of different tangles.

I trust her advice and her take on different things.

Awesome! My email is thediamondnetchannel@gmail.com if you have any questions. :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

One reason I feel Emerald could be a help to me is because she is a presence here in the forum. She sees what's going on among folks here. She's seems sincere, steady and not reactive. 

Sometimes I become too self absorbed. It's like there is a split between my inner and outer worlds on those self absorbed neurotic kind of days. All in all my understanding and stability are miles ahead from where I've been in the past. 

Some of the time I'm a complete walking and talking contradiction. There seems to be two sides to this coin as well. Depending on the moment and circumstance utilizing one side verses the other fits the reality of the moment but then life is a continual change.

Ive been alcohol free since 2005. I chained smoked Camel light cigarettes from my teens in the 1980's until around 2000 when I finally managed to quit. During that time I got on Paxil but the finally managed to quit using it about 10 years ago.

My diet still sucks but one thing I've become better at is eating less. I no longer drink soda pops. Mostly water. This is currently the staple of my diet.

IMG_0738.JPG

Lately its all the pecking from the argumentative little Zen Devils that has gotten under my skin the most. Ocke de Boer says that sometimes Conscious man needs to develop the wisdom for when it's time to go run and hide. So he doesn't get pecked to death. I'm amazed at what Leo is able to put up with at times and still keep churning out good stuff.

I really enjoy reading and conversing with most everyone here minus the Zen Devils.  We can all learn a lot from each as we try out Leo's ideas and suggestions.

Hot and miserable day outside.

I created a nonlinear booklist to share. ?

IMG_0744.JPG

I had a beneficial backflash this morning. Years ago I had a 24 minute VHS tape of Terrence McKenna that I watched obsessively. Over the years I forgot about it. Even when I got back into listening to Terrence on you tube about 10 years ago.

I did a search and found the old lecture that I had back then but now the meaning is so much richer. It's actually two different talks put together. A small gap in the video which is poor quality but his message comes through loud and clear. There are some inexactitudes but overall I think many of you will enjoy this when you have time.

So this is what I'm currently rewatching,,,,

Bro, what about if you took a break from the forum, if the argumentative folk are getting you down? I know you're a fan of Matt Kahn's. I think he'd advise you to just bless them. They're probably only negating you because they've been negated their whole lives, largely by themselves. Walk away and don't bother, I would. I hate to think of a good guy like you being pulled into wasting your time with people who haven't integrated their egos properly. That seems to me to be the thing with Zen Devils. Too much negating of their egos and then projecting all that hatred and frustration they have for themselves (i.e their shadows) out onto others. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter  You're absolutely right about the phenomena. I abandoned forgiveness for a while. Thank you, friend.

Im fine now. I'm definitely going to stay out of the forum while I'm tripping from now on. Things can get too complicated in a hurry.

Forward we go,,,,,

I remember what a Zen devil pain in the ass I was to my first Fourth Way Teacher Dwight. 

God bless you Dwight, wherever you are.

This reminded me of something Maurice Nicoll wrote.

THE FEELING OF NOTHINGNESS

“When the Work says that a man must come to realize his own nothingness before he can be re-born, it does not mean that he must humble himself and so on, but that he must by long self-observation actually begin to realize that he is nothing and that there is no such person as himself. The object of this is to get into a position, psycho- logically speaking, between the opposites...Why is it so important
to get somewhere into the centre of the pendulum and not swing to and fro? Because here, between the opposites, lie all the possibilities of growth. Here influences from higher levels can reach us. Here, in this place where one can feel one’s own nothingness (and where one is therefore free from contradictions), influences and meanings com- ing from higher centres, which have no contradictions, can be felt. Not regarding yourself as good or bad, not priding yourself on being just or otherwise, not thinking you are well-treated or badly-treated, not being caught by either movement through identifying, you come into this mid-position. This is not easy! With personality active, it is impossible.” V. 1, p. 329