1,796 posts in this topic

@Bill W Thank you, friend.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Layer after layer

The yo yo of Being is a part of the ride

and so I repeat the same old quotes about the trap of the thinking mind.

This degree of continual forgetting is an amazing rediscovery time and again and again.

IMG_0837.JPG

The repetitive motion of finding oneself through Identification (even true and worthy descriptions) keeps the being energy just below the critical velocity needed to escape the gravitational field of narrative selfhood.” - Cynthia Bourgeault 

IMG_0239.JPG

Have you got sufficient inner observation? Have you cleared and well dug a big space in your mind through the practice of inner attention and put a hedge round it and a gate so that you can hear the click of the gate and watch this darling little thought coming up the drive all ready to say: “Oh, how tired I am,” etc.? I fancy that once we let it in very far every thought gets hold of us and wrings us, takes our blood, makes us react, talk, behave, in a certain way, and then, satisfied with having dined off us, it retires for a time.

Nicoll psychological commentaries page 683.

What is a miracle?

The people who shit all over you

Truly forgive them and you'll blow their minds and whoever else is watching.

But they have to see it in your Being. You can't fake it.

You have to begin by faking it though, some say.

Put a steering wheel on a drug psychosis and get a Cosmic merit badge. That's another way.

The Oracle, the Sage and the nature spirits don't judge you. They only want to help.

This song was popular when I was a little boy

I remember that the lyrics disturbed me

Big boys don't cry

Big boys don't cry

ATTRACTING HELP 

“It is a necessary part of this Work that everyone must eventually pass, to see in himself by sincere observation, how he clings to his negative emotions with one hand and tries to free himself with the other. The Work inevitably leads everyone to the same places and the same experiences. A man must reach the point of discerning his own helplessness—of realizing his own mechanicalness. And this, if it is not a negative experience, will bring him into a state of self-remember- ing. Through seeing his helplessness he attracts help.” V. 1, p.85

That last quote - ATTRACTING HELP is from Maurice Nicoll.

https://inner-world-books.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Gems_of_Wisdom.pdf

From The Preface

“Man’s possibilities are very great. You cannot even conceive a shadow of what man is capable of attaining. But nothing can be attained in sleep. In the conscious- ness of a sleeping man his illusions, his ‘dreams’, are mixed with reality. He lives in a subjective world and he can never escape from it. And this is the reason why he can never make use of all the powers he possesses and why he lives in only a small part of himself.”

– G. I. Gurdjieff 

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

If one can eat cheetos and still be a buddha, then why not? ? 

Surely I couldn't deceive myself,,,, could I? ??

My daily I CHING reading was

45 Gathering Together with changing lines 1,2,5,6

resulting in a second hexagram 38 Separating/Opposition.

The following is a portion of changing Line 2

Letting oneself be drawn brings good fortune and remains blameless. If one is sincere , it furthers one to bring even a small offering.

"Letting oneself be drawn" refers to allowing the correct way to show itself by responding only, rather than taking the initiative. By responding to what our inner senses tell us in relation to the situation of the moment, we remain blameless. In this circumstance, we restrict ourselves to saying only what we feel is correct for us. We never tell others what they should do or how they should feel; thus, we do not lose our Cosmic protection.

"Letting oneself be drawn" informs us that by holding to our integrity, regardless of what others say, the help we need will come as we need it, since the Cosmos freely helps every person who is sincere in his way of life.

IMG_0846.PNG

It was a beautiful fall day. Had a hard frost last night which gave the distinct smell of the plants getting frost burnt. It's a good earthy smell. 

I've been some kind of Idiot all my life. The nature of my psychological blindspot allows for a proclivity in which I occasionally hang myself in front of other people. At times it will be something really cringeworthy. Sometimes in front of medium to large audiences. Sometimes I'm just a dick. When I observe it, I return to ordinary Idiot. That's the routine. Beginners mind. Don't pass go. Don't collect $200.

This morning I feel like an Authentic Idiot. Maybe even a Genial Idiot.

We are multifaceted. My imagination has always outdone me. That's a given of my chief feature.

My tragic-romantic i is laughable, as is everybody's.

Astrologically my moon is in the sign of Leo. My mars is in Scorpio. My sun sign is Virgo. People whose sun is in Cancer are the natural tragic romantic types. I don't know what Virgo's are really because we never really see ourselves or I should say our personality type, the false part of ourselves,  Our ego enneatype.

Somehow YouTube knows how to trigger my tragic romantic side.

I'm going to list the songs that Youtube has queued up for me this afternoon. Is this making some of you uncomfortable? Maybe that's your tragic-romantic shadow,,,

Might as well just laugh about it.

I'm just glad I no longer drink alcohol. Talk about a potential laughable, pitiful, character. Oooo

Outwardly I really don't have much of a personality but inwardly my Queen of hearts is on fire at times.

What's the healed version of the tragic-romantic?

Using The Enneagram,,,,

Point 4 – Holy Origin

What does this mean? Each Holy Idea, as we have seen, presents a particular implicit truth about reality, a certain facet of how reality is and how it appears. If we perceive reality as it is without any filters, we will see these nine Ideas as different manifestations of it. They are inseparable, since they are nine different aspects, expressions, or elements of the same experience. The facet of reality that is highlighted by Holy Origin is the perception and understanding that all appearance (meaning whatever can be experienced and perceived—inner or outer) is nothing but the manifestation of Being, the Holy Truth..........See also p186. This inseparability of appearance from its Source is the perception elucidated by Holy Origin. This is a very deep understanding which is not easy to apprehend. Without it, we can have experiences of our essential nature which actually feel separate from who we are. For instance, we might have a profound experience of the presence of boundless compassion or of indestructible strength, but actually feel that we are having an experience of something other than who and what we are. Essence can feel like something that comes and goes, rather than seeing that our perception of our inner nature is what comes and goes because that perception is not clear. Holy Origin is the knowledge that you and your essence are not two distinct things. Essence is the nature of the soul. We might believe that the Divine, or God, is something outside ourselves, residing somewhere else, which we are either connected to or not. Believing that you can be connected or disconnected from God means that you don’t understand the Idea of Holy Origin.

Facets of Unity, pg. 185

You can't get anymore tragic-romantic than Barry Manilow.

I had to make myself go ahead and put that last song on there because it was making me innerconsider like crazy. To innerconsider that @Mandy and @jabrams would think I was flirting so I went ahead and posted it as an exercise against inner considering. This post is my attempt at external considering on behalf of Mandy and Jon. I can sleep sound tonight knowing that I did my best in explaining the data from my Causal body. Like a joke that breaks the tension. I leave behind no traps of projection.

I've got a lot going on at once.

The thought came to me that George Clooney is the embodiment of basic trust when he plays the role of Everett having a conversation with Dan the Bible salesman.

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/basic-trust

Seeing this clip reminded me of what I am as an Enneatype 6 fear (doubting) type more so than my Virgoness.

Overcompensating type that's me. Just like Baby face Nelson. I don't act like the Character George but,,, well yeah sometimes I do,,,, The inner process,,,,

Overcompensating is the key word. It's how I pinpointed typing myself on the Enneagram.

The practice of Centering Prayer has allowed me to experience empty beingness. Non conceptual awareness  or objectless awareness. Monkey mind on either side but with practice the experience of objectless awareness can be expanded into a few minutes.

Pryor to practicing Centering Prayer meditation was a few months where I attempted Zazen practice, which is very similar. This was about 4 years ago.

IMG_0851.JPG

I'm taking a break from taking a break from narrative consciousness.

Really enjoyed this video shared by Anderz in his ACIM Journal. 

Reminded me of a part of chapter 9 in ACIM. 

T-9.VIII.1. Grandeur is of God, and only of Him. 2 Therefore it is in you. 3 Whenever you become aware of it, however dimly, you abandon the ego automatically, because in the presence of the grandeur of God the meaninglessness of the ego becomes perfectly apparent. 4 When this occurs, even though it does not understand it, the ego believes that its "enemy" has struck, and attempts to offer gifts to induce you to return to its "protection." 5 Self-inflation is the only offering it can make. 6 The grandiosity of the ego is its alternative to the grandeur of God. 7 Which will you choose?

T-9.VIII.2. Grandiosity is always a cover for despair. 2 It is without hope because it is not real. 3 It is an attempt to counteract your littleness, based on the belief that the littleness is real. 4 Without this belief grandiosity is meaningless, and you could not possibly want it. 5 The essence of grandiosity is competitiveness, because it always involves attack. 6 It is a delusional attempt to outdo, but not to undo. 7 We said before that the ego vacillates between suspiciousness and viciousness. 8 It remains suspicious as long as you despair of yourself. 9 It shifts to viciousness when you decide not to tolerate self-abasement and seek relief. 10 Then it offers you the illusion of attack as a "solution." ,,,,,,,,,,

https://acourseinmiraclesnow.com/course-miracles-chapter-9-viii-grandeur-versus-grandiosity/

I would phrase it that my Automaton likes Cheetos.

I'm a believer/practicer of feeding the wolf in order to pacify it For a bit. Tricky business, but then so I Being in the world. At times anyhow. Making deals so to speak.

I just looked for a Martin Butler podcast that articulated this idea very well but I couldn't find it.. I'm glad you like the Journaling community music journal. I've never really gave Tool much of a listen/chance but I love Alex Greys artwork.

?

I should also state flat out. With as much sincerity as I can convey -  I'm a fake it till you make it can of guy. 

Ive stated previously what a hypocrite I'm am. This seems to come across as arrogance to some. And they're right from a certain perspective.