Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,796 posts in this topic

I'm gonna read this journal from front to back. I keep dipping in and out. 

I've had some luck in dealing with sugar cravings by nibbling on dark chocolate.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Good video. Have heard his name but never heard his stuff. I'm wondering if his other stuff will resonate with me? Will take a look. 

@Bill W  I was thinking about creating a Terence McKenna thread in High Consciousness Resources.  He's a wizard with off the cuff humorous analogies and metaphors. 

Currently watching although I've been pondering this phrase for the past few days.

"The Transcendental Object at the end of time". Could it be the noosphere manifested through the internet? 

Multiplicity is unobserved, unintegrated, ship of fools.  Is Integration the Pearl beyond Price? - authentic, natural,  yet multifaceted in being.

In shadow work I observe and process the Zen devil I became at times in the past. Eckart Tolle's use of the term painbody is so right on. Zen Devils are puppets of the painbody. They are not culprits. They are victims of an element within themselves starved of love and turned cynical and with me in the past, often vicious. Even an overcompensating viciousness. As a teenager, I completely traumatized close friends with visciousness which destroyed some old childhood friendships.

D

@DrewNows I just watched the interview with Dr Robert Morse in your Journal. I'm beginning to share your enthusiasm,,,,

It feels like I have about 200 questions that I want to ask you all at once. I'm definitely going to watch more from him!

Earlier this evening I watched this one on sugar addiction and it made me consider how much I need a three week retreat. 

At first I was sitting with my hypocrisy watching the lady above and associating her knowledge with Jana Dixon's Biology of Kundalini. Watching Dr Morse interview in your Journal helped me relax.??

There's a scene similar to this in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas that always put me in stitches. I think I shared this Hunter S Thompson documentary a while back unless I just imagined that. Here it is again anyway.

https://youtu.be/VlAZV_EsSSE

It won't embed. Hope the link works.

@Zigzag Idiot yes the trap always seem to be dependency on the external. Listening to the kundalini video, she’s saying some good stuff, feel free to ask away about dr Morse. I just love how he speaks from Truth so those willing may live from Truth 

One thing Robert Morse explains sugar quite well in this video 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows  Thanks for this one above. 

As the saying goes- I'm as busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest today. I feel we think similarly. If you could send me a short list of your favorites from him of what you've seen so far that would be great. Either here or PM. If not, I understand. I'll see them eventually. ?‍♂️

I’ve recommended this video for introduction 

But honestly it takes extensive research and exploring personal health, if it’s not your desire don’t hesitate to drop it for now, I’m busy af too, it’s the good kind of busy. Anyways, searching his advice on things you are confused or curious about is an excellent way to gain more wisdom 

@DrewNows I agree.

One problem is I'm just interested in everything! Problem, no problem.?

For all Warriors on the path, this entry is meant to be a hang out spot in times of uncertainty, or pain and suffering of any kind. Bookmark it if you think you need to. This hang out place is open for all and everyone, though.

Im out of breath,,,  just got here.

what do all these different signs say?

Over here at the edge,,,

https://www.endlesssearch.co.uk/exercises_enneachord.htm

hmmmm

hmmmmhhmmmm. Some of this really makes sense.

Sometimes my reading speed is really slowed down. Unexpectedly my frame of reference increases. 

In the meantime I'll just read some more,,,,

Although I appreciate it a lot, I put this one here instead of the High Consciousness Resources so I could push back a little bit.

This video is in need of being tempered with an article by Cynthia Bourgeault.

http://cynthiabourgeault.org/2019/04/16/anointing-jesus/

"Christ is not Jesus’ last name"

as well as the book The Jesus Mysteries.

IMG_0749.JPG

Sitting with deficient emptiness

Loss of Essence Creates Deficient Emptiness (Holes)

We will see that as each aspect of Essence is lost, a certain hole or deficient emptiness is created. This is then filled by the development of a certain sector of the personality, a part of the personality determined by the particular aspect of Essence lost, and by the specific childhood situation or situations that led to its loss. 

Essence with the Elixir of Enlightenment, pg. 97

A "Hole" is Nothing But the Absence of a Certain Part of Our Essence

Today we will discuss a fundamental idea used in our work here. It’s called the Theory of Holes. Under usual circumstances, people are full of what we call “holes.” What is a hole? A hole refers to any part of you that has been lost, meaning any part of you that you have lost consciousness of. Ultimately what we have lost awareness of is our essence. When we are not aware of our essence, it stops manifesting. Then we feel a sense of deficiency. So a hole is nothing but the absence of a certain part of our essence. It could be the loss of love, loss of value, loss of capacity for contact, loss of strength, any of the qualities of Essence. There are many of them. However to say we have lost parts of Essence does not mean they are gone forever; they are never gone forever. You are simply cut off from them. Let’s take, for example, the quality of value or self-esteem. When you are cut off from your value, the actual experience is a sense that there is a hole inside that feels empty. You feel a sense of deficiency, a sense of inferiority, and you want to fill this hole with value from the outside. You may try to use approval, praise, whatever. You try to fill the hole with fake value. We walk around with lots of holes, but we usually aren’t aware of them. We’re usually aware of desires: “I want praise. I want to be successful. I want this person to love me. I want this or that experience.” The presence of desires and needs indicates the presence of holes.

Diamond Heart Book One, pg. 17

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/theory-holes

Purifying the emotional center sharpens intuition which, 

when continued, becomes the capacity for clairvoyance.

@Zigzag Idiot That's interesting. Would you mind sharing some techniques?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I wouldn't mind at all. Just now going offline though, but I'll pick this back up tomorrow. Hopefully I can offer something that's useful.

Almaas's Theory of Holes and his teaching about 'sitting with it', whatever it is, until it transforms is one I may l touch on some more.

'Sitting with' triggers the alchemical transformation,,,. More later on.?‍♂️

Reminder to self. Three Centered Prayer and leaping out of one's grave.

16 hours ago, tsuki said:

@tsuki Please don't think I'm trying to preach at you. I know you're already aware of some of this material. Just wanted to make this as useful as possible for others who may be interested while I'm at it.

The philosophy and practices for purifying the emotional center is at the heart of the Gurdjieff Work, also referred to by some as Esoteric Christianity or the Fourth Way elaborated on by his direct students, PD Ouspensky, Maurice Nicoll and also contemporarily Ocke de Boer and Almaas's Ridhwan School Teachings. There are many others but it is mostly these that I draw on.

The General Principle ofthe Gurdjieff Exercises 

The idea is that unless we are actually 'aware of being aware' we are 'sleeping'. Most people, although they believe they are thinking, decisive beings, are in fact slaves to reaction and conditioning. Eventually, being 'aware of being aware' will lead to the experience of what Gurdjieff called Endlessness, or the infinite godhead. The aim of the game then is to remain in a state of being 'aware of being aware' at all times, as a means of reducing our identification with these reactions and acting in a decisive manner in accordance with our actual will, and as means of moving closer to experiencing our true identity, which is unity. An example of a Gurdjieff exercise is to pick a random part of the body, and retain the awareness of that body part at all times, regardless of what we are thinking, feeling or doing. 

Inner Work Practice

Become aware of the natural flow of your breathing for a few breaths, noting the sensation or presence of the physical body as the air comes in and goes out. Relax the body as you breathe out.

Let a feeling of gratitude or wonder arise. Relax into a feeling of gratitude or wonder for life or for whatever you may feel gratitude for. Do this for a few more breathes.

For the next few breaths, say inwardly “I”, as you inhale, breathing with the intention of taking in finer energies or substances in the air and feeling a connection to Higher help. When you breathe out say inwardly “AM”, with an awareness of your whole body physical presence.

Finish in three breaths with Inner words: “Lord Help Me”; “Lord Help Us”; “Lord Have Mercy”.

The exercise itself is a form of self-remembering — returning from “all these other things” back to myself.  Its aim is to practice three-centered awareness — observing (seeing), sensing, feeling. Engaging all three centers and having a sense of whole body awareness is essential. Activating gratitude, wonder, our being, or our own inner poverty and need for higher help — all are good catalysts for self-remembering.

The inner exercise should only take a minute or two (or less) once familiar with the steps and will remain the same each week. Only the time we choose to engage the exercise will change. Each week we will engage this practice at a designated time — usually before or during a routine activity in the day, or while transitioning into a new activity.

Basically we repress our emotions or feeling center which results in limiting our awareness and the ability to feel what's going on/with inside of others. The capacity for dividing one's attention is crucial. The following is an excerpt from an Ocke deBoer article. Ocke begins and then quotes this meeting of a work group where Gurdjieff talks bluntly with Madame deSaltzmen. It's an exercise for gathering up one's dispersed attention and getting into a 'collected state'.

The result of work is that knowledge becomes understanding.  To learn to get our two-natured system (planetary and astral bodies) accustomed to higher states, we have to learn to become collected. To get to a collected state is described in the Transcripts of Meetings by Gurdjieff from 1941-1946.  This collected state is the basis for learning to remember ourselves.  Gurdjieff: You must do an exercise to be more collected. Learn to collect yourself. Choose a good moment that seems propitious. Sit down let nobody disturb you. Relax yourself. All your attention - all your will is concentrated on your relaxation. You quieten your associations. After - only after, you begin to think..  Mme D: Yes. I try like that and I do not succeed.  Gurdjieff: Wait. Do not disturb me - do not interrupt me. You have never done like this. Your explanations prove it to me. After, when you have quieted your associations, only then, begin the exercise - consciously, with all your attention, all your faculties.  You represent to yourself that you are surrounded by an atmosphere. Like the earth, man also has an atmosphere, which surrounds him  on all sides, for a metre, more or less - to a limit. In the atmosphere the associations, in ordinary life the thoughts-produce waves. It concentrates at certain places - it recedes; it has movements according to the direction which you impart it.   This depends on the movement of your thought. Your atmosphere is displaced in the direction in which your thought goes. If you think of you mother, who is far away your atmosphere moves towards the place where your mother is. When you do this exercise, you represent to yourself that this atmosphere has limits. For example one metre and a half, shall we say. Then you concentrate all your attention on preventing your atmosphere from escaping beyond the limit. You do not allow it to go further than one metre or one metre and a half. When you feel your atmosphere quieted, without waves, without movement, then with all your will you suck it into yourself - you conserve yourself in this atmosphere. You draw it consciously into yourself. The more you can, the better it is. To start with, is very tiring.  That is how one must do the exercise. Afterward you rest yourself - you send the exercise to the devil. Repeat it afresh in the evening. This exercise is done especially to allow one to have a collected state. It is the first exercise. It is difficult to penetrate into yourself at the first effort. One must compel the atmosphere to remain within its limits - not allow it to go further than it should. It is the first exercise in order to have a collected state. This exercise I have given to everybody. No one has understood what is collectedness, nor given it any attention”...  This exercise was given by Gurdjieff for everybody, and it is the basis for learning to remember yourself and it is also the basis for learning how to sense and fill the body, which is extremely important if we want our atmosphere to be detached from other surrounding atmospheres. This detachment will make it possible to become free inside from other people. If we want to coat the higher in us we have to become free from other people.  

Maurice Nicoll describes it as the capacity to become hermetically sealed from the negativity of the outside world and is something we must do everyday.

These short youtubes contributes to these concepts and practices 

Identification or becoming identified with anything = spiritual sleep 

Ocke says After a certain point in this Work, we can only grow in being by assisting other creatures whether human or animals in their evolution. To do this we need to forget ourselves and pray for assistance. To pass this work on is not an easy thing. For this striving we need to learn to feel other people and animals. To really feel others is a huge achievement.  Our feeling-centre needs to be speeded up for this. It needs to become healthy and independent. In most people the feeling-centre is a wounded animal in need for much attention. Because of these wounds they cannot even feel themselves, so to feel other creatures is very difficult for them. About this striving there is also a saying in esotericism: ‘If those above do not move up, then those below cannot move’. To understand this we need a healthy feeling-centre, a compassionate one. A healthy, independent and compassionate feeling centre is achieved by practicing the being-obligolnian-strivings, and it can therefore act from Conscience.  

I won't open the can of worms called the being-obligolnian-strivings other than to say there are 5 of them.

I haven't had an eye exam since 2015.

My typo's are making me self conscious. This would be a self consciousness parallel in meaning to the Fourth Way phrase 'inner considering'.

I love Autumn weather. I'm ready for it.