Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,790 posts in this topic

Watching Leo's new video about fear. He is nailing it!

To feel everything is to feel one's 'every-which-way-ness'. This is inner truth/Conscience.

There is a difference between acquired Conscience/personality and inner truth Self/Conscience.

Culture is an enforcer of acquired Conscience.

The capacity for going against group think is necessary to go beyond fear.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Quote from Ocke:

Ocke: We limit our being by dualistic thinking and therefore we limit our thinking by dualistic thinking. We have lost our feeling for oneness so to speak and we have because of this also lost our sense for sacredness. To make ourselves whole again we have to make the potential actual. This true wish incarnates in us from the level of being of a man number four. It is at this station that the dead man in us shall leap from his grave. It is at this level that the Permanent Witness comes into being.  

From http://www.higherbeingbodies.com/

A quote from Paul Beckmann Taylor about Ocke's book Higher Being Bodies.

This is finally. a book written by one who knows and cares for those who care but do not know yet how to work on themselves.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Add 2 quotes

Another Way of expressing the need for the archaic revival.

Can we save the environment/planet from ourselves?

The diversity of the felt sense of the presence moment.

What it consists of is so varied that there's no place to start. And the strong memories of some of those moments are amazing in an odd way.

When I was about 13 or 14 in a darkened movie theatre or out behind the skating rink in an unlit spot where us pubescent boys and girls would pair up for a few moments temporarily unsupervised to kiss and grope one another, the experience of feeling a tender, soft, plump breast. It felt so amazing! I've never been the same since. 

In a way. I crossed a threshold of sorts then but didn't have a clue really, about anything.

So many varied experiences in life. Quite simple things that are imbued with richness. ?

The first time I killed a small bird with my BB gun and then felt remorse holding its lifeless body in my hands.

It was still warm. I felt dirty inside. I was about 8 years old.

Doesn't it feel good to be on fire? ?

When I first discovered ACIM back in 2015. I was on fire in different ways. I remember saying something stupid to the effect of - wow, Jesus writes just as good as Echart Toll, to Jim. Jim was the organizer of the group in addition to being a psychotherapist. He is the one I decided to dump my shadow material on and let him help me process it over a few short weeks. I sent him a link to this Joural a while back and he acknowledged back,,,,

I abandoned art around the fifth grade but during this winter/spring of 2015 I was compelled to display my understanding That I had gotten through Almaas about the idea that duality itself is held within non duality.

So here with my 11 year old arrested art development from 2015, that is/was my communication.  ?

IMG_0780.JPG

Hahaha excellent dude enjoyed reading this. As for the artwork I’m gonna have to ask you to “put down the crayon my man!” At least until tripping and you lose all sense of control :P 

i will most definitely when to do some drawing if and when I do trip again. I stopped my drawing as a young teenager, I was too critical and impatient lmao 

@DrewNows Point taken! ?

The "art" was made in 2015. Completely sober. On fire and high with spirit. ? I'm not sure I could do any better tripping.

Its the idea/vision that I was trying to get across. Even to the point of revealing my complete incompetence as an artist.

I was reading a lot of the journals just now and was going to post this song, as I ran across your reply. Thank you, by the way.

The true unnamed recipient will understand. And hopefully laugh,,,,

@Zigzag Idiot I’m a jokester, most people learn not to take me too seriously. Anyone willing to paint is far surpassing those who don’t in my eyes :x

15 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Its the idea/vision that I was trying to get across. Even to the point of revealing my complete incompetence as an artist.

It came off as highly sophisticated and I was unable to grasp the complexity in its meaning but I just wanted to say hi

When it comes to art and really any activity, the ability to lose yourself in it is both going to bring joy and possibly awe in the post reflection. Please do share you’re next trip experience if and whenever you may feel inspired. Good day! 

A jokester recognizes a jokester ? Like a brother.

Thanks, Drew. Hope yours is good too!

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Please do share you’re next trip experience if and whenever you may feel inspired. Good day! 

I expect to be giving a trip report by Sunday or Monday. 5 dried grams of Golden Teacher. ?

I still enjoy rewatching Hans Wilhelm's interpretation of the myth and some of his others.

Another part of me likes how this guy expresses it.

There is No Evil Person

Seeing things from this perspective, we see that there is no one who is really bad. No one is evil in an absolute way. Everyone does what he thinks is good. There is no bad person, there is no evil person; there is only the ignorant person. 

The Dichotomy of Good and Evil

The most frequently noted dichotomy on the way toward nonconceptual freedom is that of good and evil, or more exactly, good and bad. Without concepts there is no sense that one thing is good and another is bad. First, there is no separation between forms, because separation happens only through the reification of concepts, and there are no concepts here to reify. Because of this there cannot be a comparison between them, all forms are equal in being pure awareness. Second, since there is perception of difference between forms but no recognition of what the difference is, it is not possible to value one form and not another. All appear equal. The moment we recognize something as good in contrast to something else as bad, we are definitely existing in the conceptual realm. Recognizing that the distinction between good and bad is ultimately conceptual, pure awareness emerges and equalizes all forms and experiences as manifestations of true nature. Experientially, the notions of good and bad are connected mostly to pleasure and pain, happiness and suffering, gain and loss, expansion and contraction, and so on. In the unutterable bliss of nonconceptuality, these dichotomies disappear.

The Inner Journey Home, pg. 336

All Spiritual Work Would be Pointless if There Were Such a Thing as Ultimate Evil

As we have seen, each Holy Idea is a characteristic of reality at all locations, at all times, and at all levels. Holy Truth explicates this understanding. Here, we are saying that not only is reality just one presence that is boundless and real, but that it is also positive, blissful, and wonderful. So not only is God one, but God is also wonderful and made of love. The truth, then, is loving and lovable, which is why we say in the Diamond Approach that you must love truth for its own sake. If your orientation is that you love truth so that it will change you and make you a happier person, your orientation is out of sync with how things objectively are; if you see reality as it is, you can’t help but love it. It follows, then, that objectively there is no evil. We see evil only when we perceive reality through a filter. A person who behaves in what we consider evil ways is a person acting through a distortion. In spiritual work, concepts of a devil, of dark forces, of some evil that exists on its own outside of the goodness of reality are considered manifestations of ignorance, both in terms of believing in such concepts and in terms of the manifestations attributed to such forces. All spiritual work would be pointless if there were such a thing as ultimate evil.

Facets of Unity, pg. 215

The confusing thing about Yogananda is his stage blue sexuality. I guess you could call it. 

He was a genius, mystic, and clairvoyant but he wasn't integrated sexually. In modern terms.

The Innate Sense that Life is Fundamentally Benevolent 

The presence of basic trust indicates that you have the innate sense that life is fundamentally benevolent, and that benevolence exists independent of you and your actions. You will have this sense to the extent that your grounding in the universe has not been disturbed. The relative presence or absence of basic trust is a belly quality, something one’s whole being is either grounded in or not. The disturbance of basic trust is a significant factor in ego development because the perspective of ego is diametrically opposed to the sense of basic trust. The ego’s perspective arises out of a lack of this trust. It is based on distrust, on paranoia, on fear, on the conviction that you're not going to be adequately taken care of and that the universe is not there to hold and take care of you in the ways that you need. This conviction causes you to believe that you have to engage in all kinds of manipulations and games to get your needs met and to make things work out. 

With Basic Trust You Take Risks

When you have a lot of basic trust, you are courageous and authentic. You take risks. You don't sit on your capacities. You engage in life wholeheartedly, doing what feels appropriate to you with the confidence that it will work out. Without much basic trust, you are paralyzed with fear of failure and fear of rejection. 

Facets of Unity, pg. 28

Just back from 5 gram Golden Teacher trip.

Still processing. Friend and I both had good experience. Unitive awareness. Need a little time and space in order to articulate better. I took notes!

I will unpack it better later,,,

i have a lot of reading to catch up on as well.

Leo makes some important distinctions on his blog. Specifically this last,,,,

This Work Is Not About Belief

September 12, 2019

All of my teachings are worthless unless you validate them in your direct experience. This stuff is far too profound to be heard or believed. Belief in what I say is a great obstacle to this work. You will spend years believing me only to realize that you made a big mistake. Yet at the same time, actively disbelieving me — trying to debunk me or debate me — is an even greater mistake. The correct method is to listen to what I say, consider it as an advanced possibility, and do the work to validate this possibility and feel it as your living reality. This work is about transforming your experience of reality.

I have no desire to make you believe in God or my teachings. What you believe is such a shallow level that it is irrelevant as far as this work goes. What matters is what you're conscious of, what state of consciousness you're in, and what the meta, cognitive structures of your mind are. This work is not about the contents of your mind. This work is structural. Think of this difference as the difference between apps vs the OS or BIOS on a computer. In our work here, we're not interested in changing the apps of the human mind, we're interested in changing the OS & even the BIOS. This work is meta work. This work is experiential. This work is about changing what reality is for you. You don't even know what that means yet. It will take you years of work just to appreciate what was just said. And that's as it must be. You can't know what you're missing until years of trial and error.

It would speed things along greatly for you to realize that we are not interested in getting you to believe things here. Anything you believe is far too shallow to help you. Belief is like a veil of fakery which obscures the doing of the real work. So be careful not to get tricked into thinking you are doing the work when you are merely rearranging your beliefs. The real work requires hours upon hours of precise mindfulness and accurate self-observation. Precision and accuracy in this work is important.

Towards this end it would help you greatly to distinguish between what is a belief, and what is not. Spend some time observing in your direct experience what is a belief, and what is not. Get really clear about this without getting caught up in the trap of judging whether a belief is true or false. What's more important than whether a belief is true or false is that you are conscious that it is a belief regardless. For example, "The Earth is round" is a belief regardless of whether its "true". Just because a belief is "true" does not mean it isn't problematic or doesn't distort your experience of reality. In this sense, scientific beliefs can be more problematic than religious ones because scientific beliefs are not usually acknowledged to be beliefs, or problematic — yet they are both.

Notice the distinct difference between believing a thing and direct experience. Notice that experience does not care what you believe. Although of course your beliefs greatly distort and color your experience.

And even though I call all this "work", you must find a way to do it so that you enjoy the process, rather than making it some chore that you must do. You will never be successful in this work as long as it feels like a chore. You must find a way to connect it with your passion for life. It must become an organic part of your life.

Excellent brother, so smart to take notes, I swear I had so many remembrances coming back to me as the week carried on afterward, it’s such a drunken godstate sometimes lmao 

no idea how anyone can read that jibberish but nice work, quite responsible as well