Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,796 posts in this topic

@Wisebaxter The video you mention of Leo's live enlightenment is one I haven't seen. I'm going to make it a point to watch it soon!

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot Wow, you gotta watch that man, it's incredible. Brought tears to my eyes. Let me know what you think of it 

22 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

A voice said to me - Squirming Idiot

Would you write a little essay about the Squirming Idiot for me?

If an answer comes to me regarding the question, I'll relay it.

Did it?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

6 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Would you write a little essay about the Squirming Idiot for me?

I would be glad to only if the Muse works through me. On my own it would become polluted with imagination.

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

If an answer comes to me regarding the question, I'll relay it.

Did it?

No, but returning to Ordinary Idiot and finding beginners mind has been restorative. No answers though.

Just now, Zigzag Idiot said:

I would be glad to only if the Muse works through me. On my own it would become polluted with imagination.

Okay. No pressure.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I had a small realization this morning about some of the bickering that goes on in the forum. People will be talking about the same thing and each has a valid point of view but they are completely contradictory to what the other is saying. This occurred to me when thinking of this Teal Swan video I watched a few days ago.

This is the first time that I've heard Alan Watts mention Gurdjieff. He brings several threads together. What he is getting at reminds me of a talk AH Almaas was giving one time and after several minutes into his talk and bringing different threads together suddenly said to the audience- "So now I would like to invite you all to leave yourself alone." ?

@Wisebaxter I love the live Leo enlightenment one toooo! I oddly enjoyed that he seemed to question himself while doing it he he. 

4 minutes ago, Karla said:

@Wisebaxter I love the live Leo enlightenment one toooo! I oddly enjoyed that he seemed to question himself while doing it he he. 

I'm glad you posted that. It slipped my mind. I just started watching it though.

Wow lol,,, Starts out kinda intense

@Karla Yeah it was different to see someone questioning themselves so openly and sharing their train of thought from a non-egoic perspective. I've heard quite a few times that honesty and authenticity is such an integral part of raising your consciousness, as you're able to see through illusion easier. It also leads to more love being experienced as there's no deceit or manipulations needed in order to survive.

Leo's video really inspired me to be more honest and allow myself to be more vulnerable. Having that kind of relationship to life opens you up in so many ways. I think that's the reason we all love stuff that's 'live,' it has the same quality of truth to it.  

2 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I'm glad you posted that. It slipped my mind. I just started watching it though.

Wow lol,,, Starts out kinda intense

@Zigzag Idiot Haha yeah I thought the same. He got a bit of stick in the comments, which I can't help reading but always end up shaking my head at due to all the ignorance. I'm working on getting to the stage where I feel compassion for people who are so critical or stuck in their ways. I remember what life used to be like when I was so sceptical all the time. A lot less magical and interesting, that's for sure 

@Wisebaxter After my disturbing first Dmt trip, I'm inspired to go head first into my next one. I appreciate your comments and encouragement,,,,?

@Zigzag Idiot The visuals I saw on LSD were beautiful beyond anything I could have imagined, so I'd imagine DMT is quite a ride as I've heard reports of people crying at the beauty of what they saw. One person said it feels more real and vivid in some of those distance places than real life does, which boggles my mind when I try to imagine that. I think they were referring to the sharpness of it all, the colours etc, maybe more than that though. 

I want to try DMT but I'm quite nervous. I know I shouldn't be, you just never know what to expect do you. Was it leagues stronger than LSD in your experience? And very different? Might be hard for you to say though as you weren't able to relax like you wanted to. 

Will you do it solo next time around? 

@Wisebaxter Yes, whatever kind of Dmt I took was a lot more intense than the acid I took 30 years ago. There was no lightness or euphoria with my dmt trip. It was heavy ,,,, from the word go.  Although I distinctly felt tapped in to the psyche of a troubled friend who lived a few miles away. It was just more dark and heaviness though. It will help my confidence/faith next time in surrendering into it, knowing exactly what I'm taking. Whenever that comes about,,, hopefully in the next 2or 3 months.

Yes, next time I'll trip solo in my house,,,,

Expressing negativity is almost always counter productive.

There is almost always honesty in silence. 

Sometimes are occurrences which are counterpart to instances of almost always,,,,

@Zigzag Idiot lol!! Yesss. Looking forward to your thoughts on it and your dmt experience share. Pretty cool. 

@Wisebaxter Love what you said. I notoce that my own authenticity is quiete layered in that I have peeled back mamy fake layers and there isbmore to go. Love what you said about the way it's linked to consciousness!

Creating moon in oneself

The phrase and concept of creating moon in oneself is in large part about inhabiting the belly center in a big way. By grounding into the belly center, the capacity for being impartial gains an upper hand over nearly everything. It means having all my attention gathered and being in a collected state of consciousness. It's the capacity for disidentifying from anything that is distracting my attention whether positive or negative. Early in life, due to insecurity, I lost my most of my inner sovereignty and became glued to the outer world as a people pleaser. Re-establishing in contrast to establishing a deeper connection to the belly center feels right because of a sense of Self Remembering that comes into awareness. Like self observation, it is something that becomes more accessible the more I consciously work at it. There is an element of having to start fresh everyday. Most often in the mornings I'm too much in my head until I get more awake from the nights sleep and become balanced in awareness which means the capacity for dividing my attention and having a groundedness through sensation and body awareness. 

I have a tendency to become spread thin due to developing interests in a multitude of different things. As this happens there's a tendency for all my attention to become dispersed. Over the years when viewed in hindsight, I've observed how it was during times of having all my attention dispersed that I would become overwhelmed by life. So creating moon in oneself is an extremely practical thing to do.

Creating moon in myself is about going deeper into my interiority which is higher in terms of Consciousness contrasted to the outer surface parts of myself that is reactive and hooked to the outer world. It gives a feeling of being more of a completed and multifaceted holon. God/Cosmos is Holon. I too am a holon.

@Karla It's funny, I was just thinking about authenticity. Recently I've made myself be more honest with myself and others and now I find myself having a lot of these moments where I become aware of my own lies, inner manipulations to serve my agenda, automatic behaviours etc. It's been amazing and I'm very please. I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed because of it, like there's so much to address and deal with. Have you felt like that at all? My identity and web of meanings are being deconstructing quite quickly. Like I've just yanked on the yarn and it's come unravelled fast. Now I'm attempting the clever metaphor thing possibly as hyperbole to add a sense of drama lol. It's stuff like this. Am I just trying to sound poetic? Why do I care, it seems trivial, but I'm questioning my behaviour all of the time. I realised today that I have this obsession with trying to be funny all of the time. I'm wondering why I do it. I haven't necessarily decided it's a bad thing yet, but the fact that it's there. Perhaps it's more accurate so say I'm questioning more and not as caught up in monkey kind. The Armodafinil must be helping with that.  

@Wisebaxter You're observations about the obsession with trying to be funny all of the time caused me to pause and reflect on my interactions with others. Actually you helped me to see a bit of my shadow in which I dissociate through some form of humor. We all dissociate with everything that can be used for dissociating from reality. 

After I had made those connections, I wondered if your bringing it up was your form of skillful means in getting me to see where I take a good thing - lightheartedness- and through my overcompensating personality of the type 6 (fear), go subtly into egoic imbalance. 

Spontaeous humor and lightheartedness are true assets that can be expressed from essence. We can see others egoic blind spots to an extent but there also exists the essential expressions and Virtues which are counterpart in a sense to false personality traits or passions. Qualities of the Pearl beyond Price some would say. Being in communication with others about work ideas just paid off for me some in uncovering a small bit of shadow. 

My skillful means hits a sour note at times and I'm trying to work on it where it will manifest more naturally. More accurately feeling where others are at. If this was your skillful means and way of showing me something about my blind spot or rather getting me to see it. Great job and thanks!

If not, Thanks GOD! 

So, I'm still kind of being a Joker but it's ok because there's no identification to it,,,,,

I just hadn't thought to do a search for Arnold on YouTube in quite a while. I found a talk of His I've never heard.

It just about has to be good.

Reaching conclusions can cause unhappiness. Conclusions are also often judgements or require judgements that are unnecessary.  This is taking a frozen past and adding to the frozen future of the collective ego. 

IMG_0516.JPG

"The wheel becomes a spiral of  our renewal. It shows me where I need to need to work and integrate. In addition to being a tool for integration the Wheel is a map of Dimensions.

"With eash festival we renew ourselves in a different way." Says, Wilhelmina Keyserling In the YouTube just above discussing the Wheel 

The following from Chance and Choice summarizes a lot of the YouTube.

The spatial rituals can still be found in the Native American tribes. In their cosmogony we find a non-dual AWARENESS beyond name and form: The Great Spirit, ("Wakan" in Lakota) that divides into the Infinite and the Eternal. This is the Zero and, according to Hyemeyohsts Storm and others, the shamans who knew in Native American culture were called the Zero Chiefs.

THE GREAT SPIRIT

THE INFINITETHE ETERNAL

SpaceTime

The Great MotherThe Great Father

YinYang

Both the Infinite and the Eternal are creators. Both are beyond numeric order in the formless realm of the Zero. They are originators of number and form. Their Yin or Yang quality prevails in the whole of creation. Their duality maintains the created world through the eight directions that connect us to the infinite.

1 E In the East, at Dawn the sun shines - heaven rises. It is the direction of renewal, of revelation and enlightenment by the spirit of creation. The Power of the East is Fire. In the I Ching it is the trigram of Awareness, the sign of heaven.

2 W In the West at dusk the earth rises. Eventually you will lie down for sleep in a horizontal position. The whole body is in touch with the earth. You relinquish all worries and thoughts of the day. Letting go and becoming empty makes you receptive. In deep sleep you receive and integrate the germs of light from all suns in the Universe, the stars. Integrate here means affirming. The Power of the West is the Minerals and Stones, epitomized by the Crystals. It means to let go and to affirm. The correspondence is with the I Ching trigram Willing, which is also the sign of the earth. The West Powers help clarify your life's work.

3 S South is midday. You need to shine as the sun at midday, to trust in yourself and others - to trust in Soul. You need the innocence of a child, forgetting the failures of the past. The spirit of the South bestows innocence and trust, attributes of plant-like trust in growth. In the course of the year the Southpoint is the winter equinox, the festival of the innocent child. The Power of the South is in plants, in Trees. It is a little different in Africa where this Power is exemplified by Water, not Trees. In the I Ching the South is the trigram of Soul.

4 N  The North - thinking - relates us to the animal world, our teachers in strategy. The spirit of the North bestows wisdom and clarity, if our thinking surges from the polar star - right brain inspiration - to merge again with its center. It is the wisdom in doing. Animals are the Power of the North. In Africa it is called the Power of Nature, including the animals and more. In the I Ching it is the trigram of Thinking.

5 C Center/Down. If you direct your attention to the four directions, and also to front-back-left-right, you will necessarily center yourself. Five signifies your centered self and that of all others who are centered. In the esoteric traditions humanity is always identified with the number five. Its Power is the Sacred Earth. There is no I Ching correspondence. Centered also means to be an axis between heaven and earth. But to become a co-creator of evolution you need the support of the spirits 6, 7, 8 and 9.

6 SE Six are the teachers of humanity, the Ancestors who paved the spiritual path up to the present. They make for a continuity in spiritual evolution of human history. In the South East everyone can discover and establish contact with his or her ancestors. This may mean more that your personal relations To a musician it might be the spirit of Bach, to a mathematician the ancestral link might be to Pythagoras, to others it might be Albert Schweitzer, Jesus Christ, Moses, or whoever gives you strength and understanding to follow your own path. The ancestor you find will include you in the spiritual family and link you to the "Golden Chain". They paved the way for your special work on earth. They do not give you directions, you Create your own, but they give you strength to pioneer your new link in the chain. The Power of the South East is the Ancestors and its trigram is Spirit.

7 SW  Seven are the spirits of our physical world of incarnated existence: the Elementals. Here the elements - Earth, Air, Water and Fire - are part of our survival, our health, our daily activities and success. As with the seven chakras they represent our agents operating in three realms - Body, Soul and Spirit. On the dream level in the West in fairytales they are called Trolls - spirits of the soil (sensing) who maintain our existence; Dwarfs - spirits of the air (thinking) who help us to surmount obstacles; Fairies - spirits of the waters (feeling) who stimulate our power of wish and endeavor; Elves - spirits of fire (willing), of serenity and joy, who help us to celebrate life as a luminous dream. In Africa and South America they are called the Kontomble. These Nature Spirits can give you courage to go forward into the unknown. The Power of the South West is thus the Natural Spirits and the trigram is Body.

8 NW  Eight embodies the principle of underlying consistency in the midst of change. Like the Wheel it is the grid or underlying structure in which change takes place. This is the structure which remains constant while all else changes. We feel this as a deep desire for harmony, for participation in a kind of infinite stability. The spirits of the North West have been defined as angels or cosmic helpers who bridge the finite and the infinite. We contact them to base our transitory actions on the underlying eternal laws. In this way we generate harmony in ourselves and our surroundings. It is the Power of Angels and the trigram of Feeling.

9 NE Nine are the inspirers, the agents of change in the microcosm, the macrocosm, as well as in the human world of speech, action and experience. The combination of nine faculties generates all possible action and mutation. As Gurdjieff said, "whoever understands the nine can do". The North East, which lies between the enlightening inspiration of the East and the wisdom of the North, conveys the ninefold actualizing inspiration by which we become co-creators in evolution. These inspirers were called the "Muses". They empower our ninefold faculty of actualization. It is the Power of the Muses and the I Ching trigram of Sensing.

10 C Center/Up. With the Ten we anchor our mind in the center. We are in communion with above and below, heaven and earth. We invoke the spirit of the "Being in the Universe". He/She is the archetype of the possible human, of humanity. She/He is the aspect of the divine in whose image we are fashioned, the mold. In the center we invoke the sacred unifying power. There is no trigram correspondence.