Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Tarpall

My vision for the future of humanity

68 posts in this topic

Whenever humanity tries to make something simpler we make it more complicated.

Robots would not make our planet into a utopia. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Whenever humanity tries to make something simpler we make it more complicated.

Robots would not make our planet into a utopia. 

they wouldn't,

but simpler.. complicated.. what do you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

@Rilles Thank you. ?

The human race has been trying to complicate and recreate unnecessary products & ideas for years and it almost always ends up with foolish consequences and disadvantages and people are ultimately unsatisfied and unfulfilled.

We should be focusing more on the quality of our emotional intelligence over artificial intelligence I say but the possibility of a future "evolving" where we wouldn't have to do anything anymore is what seems to be stimulating people the most.

We are a tad too immersed in the mechanical world.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

Humans try and impose order with there limited field of conditioning(thought). While in some areas there is success in others it can be devastating such as relationships with ourselves/others/environment. The psychological component prevents a coherence in our every action. We try and meet each other, and the infinite variables that life throws at us with our past accumulation(thought-images). We consciously or unconsciously employ formulas to solve new problems with old answers. Humans act on a program of sorts. This seems very mechanistic, which robots would to fall under that category as being mechanical too. 

Edited by Jack River

2 minutes ago, VioletFlame said:

We should be focusing more on the quality of our emotional intelligence over artificial intelligence

Fosho. See if it’s possble to bring about a harmony between the emotional/thought cycle. An awareness of or own artificial intelligence(thought). :)

Evolution of human kind has advanced technologically over the years, but psychologically still pretty tribalistic/unstable/disorderly. 

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Evolution of human kind has advanced technologically over the years, but psychologically still pretty tribalistic/unstable/disorderly. 

it still fucking is, open all your fucking eyes on yourself.

1 minute ago, Strikr said:

it still fucking is, open all your fucking eyes on yourself.

Fosho. We are the society. 

@Strikr we tend to abstract the incident as being a societal issue. We try and impose rules/laws and such to solve the problem as if the problem was separate from our own inward divison/conflict/disorder. 

If we could actually truly see that we are ourselves responsible for the violence then we would maybe change our lifestyles. 

Edited by Jack River

When I see shit go down like that (in regards to your thread you just opened) I know that I am responsible for it directly..Its the conditioned brain/mind/self that imposes such havoc. I’m such a dick dude:(

Edited by Jack River

7 minutes ago, Jack River said:

When I see shit go down like that (in regards to your thread you just opened) I know that I am responsible for it directly..Its the conditioned brain/mind/self that imposes such havoc. I’m such a dick dude:(

you're not, we are all healing our ways.

let everyone be on his path, and may we fall in the light & darkness of our own.

do not let others put you down, you're not responsible for the past or the present, but we are the futur.

15 minutes ago, Strikr said:

you're not, we are all healing our ways.

Are we..tomorrow will tell. 

let everyone be on his path, and may we fall in the light & darkness of our own.

The way I see it “our” path will conflict with another’s path. To me a path and the self is one unit of movement in psychological becoming. If we could see that the only path we need to walk is that of self observation without conforming to one of the past, wouldn’t that be something dude. This relates to my original post on this thread. 

do not let others put you down, you're not responsible for the past or the present, but we are the futur.

I am not concerned with the images people try and impose on me, I’m concerned with seeing the fact that the image I impose on top of the fact distorts the fact. That fact is the self/ego is the past, modified present, projected future. 

Unless “I” (the self/ego) step out of the river of time, tomorrow is an extension of today my dudes. 

There is no tomorrow. This is why psychological evolution is so dangerous. It puts complete and total action in “time/the future”. 

The self will procrastinate holistic action that puts an end to its degenerative behavior. That is the nature of thought/self, to push action in time. Therefore no action ever takes place.

Most gnarly we humans heh?O.o

Edited by Jack River

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The day robots do all the work you have been made expendable.

Pets don't do work. They basically eat and poop and play with humans. They are technically expendable. Yet, they haven't died out.

Some pets die horrible deaths. Some other pets have much better lives than most humans.

Pets generally lead better lives than livestocks that have some utility for humans.

Perhaps, AIs will keep humans as pets. Or, something else. I don't know for sure. I just wanted to say that expendability doesn't predict much. I guess 10~20% of the population are already expendable from the view point of social utility.

In the past when warlords killed expendable people without remorse, expendability might mean death.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat

"Maybe Martians will do better than we've done."

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

11 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I dream of a future where robots do all the work. And everyone gets free money from the government every month. A nice big paycheck. Public transportation and health care are completely free. There are no more borders between nations. And crime doesn't exist because everyone is rich, fulfilled and loved. What's your vision? :D

Edit: Also free electricity, internet, phone calls & texting. Infinite batteries. No more cables. 

If this utopian vision doesn't come with a massive psychological and spiritual growth collectively as well, then suicide rate will go more than 80%...maybe even more 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Your vision for the future feels like a vision based upon avoidance of the things you dislike. So, you're creating your vision invertedly.

So, what is your non-inverted vision? 

Framing it this way, how does society look now?

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

4 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Pets don't do work. They basically eat and poop and play with humans. They are technically expendable. Yet, they haven't died out.

Some pets die horrible deaths. Some other pets have much better lives than most humans.

Pets generally lead better lives than livestocks that have some utility for humans.

Perhaps, AIs will keep humans as pets. Or, something else. I don't know for sure. I just wanted to say that expendability doesn't predict much. I guess 10~20% of the population are already expendable from the view point of social utility.

In the past when warlords killed expendable people without remorse, expendability might mean death.

no they do work as a lot of animalworkers, like therapie dogs or mice controll some of them even get eaten or beaten to death for their furr - a lot of them work as energy containers you can see how long someone has been feeding on the energy of the dog when dog and person look alike.

4 minutes ago, now is forever said:

no they do work as a lot of animalworkers, like therapie dogs or mice controll some of them even get eaten or beaten to death for their furr - a lot of them work as energy containers you can see how long someone has been feeding on the energy of the dog when dog and person look alike.

I said 'pets'. Pets are not used for scientific experiments or eaten as food or beaten to death for fur.

Also, the animals that are eaten or beaten to death for fur don't exactly work. They are merely exploited.

Edited by CreamCat