My vision for the future of humanity

68 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Strikr said:

p5vdpo9k36l11.jpg

enough now :D 

Thats Liberation.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I don't believe in law of attraction. I believe in getting rid of shitty things and adding wonderful things to my life. What's wrong with getting rid of things I dislike? 

I'm not talking about Law of Attraction. I'm talking about the fact that you're basing a society off of what you want to avoid instead of what you want to create. 

There is nothing wrong with getting rid of things you dislike. But if you focus on what you don't want to have, then you won't be able to actually create the structures that will make that possible, as your society will be based around avoidance of the negative instead of a structural embrace of the positive. 

Plus, your ideas seem to be mostly a reaction against working. But this may not actually be good for human beings. So, if you create all these structures around avoiding work, you may be taking away something quite positive and making too many people dependent and complacent. It sounds nice to someone who is avoidant toward working... but 'What's actually most optimal for a human being?' should be the proper question to ask.

So, not "How can we make it to where no one has to work?" but "How can we structure society to where every human being is living a fulfilling life and feels a sense of contribution to their society?" The former is an avoidant vision, the latter is a vision in the positive.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

10 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Pets don't do work. They basically eat and poop and play with humans. They are technically expendable. Yet, they haven't died out.

Some pets die horrible deaths. Some other pets have much better lives than most humans.

Pets generally lead better lives than livestocks that have some utility for humans.

Perhaps, AIs will keep humans as pets. Or, something else. I don't know for sure. I just wanted to say that expendability doesn't predict much. I guess 10~20% of the population are already expendable from the view point of social utility.

In the past when warlords killed expendable people without remorse, expendability might mean death.

Pet's do serve a function in human society. Because human beings want pets and love their pets, they are not expendable for this reason. They are fulfilling a need/desire. So, in essence, being a pet is their job.

If human beings didn't keep pets, then they would be expendable in the human mind. And if we decided that dogs were food the way that we decide that cows are food, they would be expendable because it's in their "job" description as "food" to be expendable.

But all other non-pet and non-food animals are just seen as irrelevant to society unless they are nuisances to the human way of life. So, bears are okay to exist... way over there. And if a bear comes into the human space, just call a number and within 20 minutes there will be 3 bear hit-men there to deal with that problem.

But because human beings are central to the society and directly reap the benefits of society, there will be powerful people who see non-working human beings as expendable. 'The poor are only there to suck off the teet of society... so let's cleanse society of them.'

So, if we're in a society like that where all the poor/working class jobs are automated and the poor/working class folks don't work, it leaves that group a very vulnerable demographic because they don't have any asset to offer that they can hold over the heads of powerful institutions. 

Currently, the big corporations are built on the backs of the poor, working class, and middle class. So, if all those people decided not to go to work... or didn't exist and couldn't go to work... this would be catastrophic for big businesses that rely mostly on lower income laborers. So, the poor and working class and middle class are what is keeping corporations afloat.

But in a society where everything is automated, the people have no such power. So, they become vulnerable and expendable. And all it takes is one dictator at some point down the line to really mess things up for them.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Pol Pot ended up removing about a third of cambodians although most of them were serving vital functions in cities. People can evaporate anytime even if they are not expendable. Cambodia is still suffering due to Pol Pot's deeds. About half a million iraqis evaporated during iraq war. ~80% of young men evaporated during world wars.

I think expendability as a concept is not very accurate or predictive.

Supposedly expendable creatures can outlast non-expendable creatures in some cases. Sometimes, vital creatures are the primary kill targets because they are vital to something.

Edited by CreamCat

8 hours ago, purerogue said:

There is reason to believe that having everything provided to you will not take away suffering, will only increase it, but then again it is just speculation  , because it depends on what changes will come together with it, suffering decreases from attaching to less and making you able to appreciate simplest things, not having everything and feeling empty inside because you can not appreciate anything , when you have everything. 

Then again it is simplified , it is way more complicated. 

???

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

On 12/12/2018 at 3:32 AM, Eric Tarpall said:

And crime doesn't exist because everyone is rich, fulfilled and loved.

It'd be good to live in your vision. But, your vision doesn't account for psychopaths. Psychopaths do not feel loved. They feel appetite toward humans. They are intraspecies predators that practice wielding power for fun and profit.

Edited by CreamCat

25 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

your vision doesn't account for psychopaths.

Well I didn't talk about getting rid of the justice system. That would still be there. There should be outlets for psychopaths to fulfill their desires in a way that doesn't hurt anyone. Like for example 3D video games that let you rape and murder people. 

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

13 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Well I didn't talk about getting rid of the justice system. That would still be there. There should be outlets for psychopaths to fulfill their desires in a way that doesn't hurt anyone. Like for example 3D video games that let you rape and murder people. 

yes why not they could also be locked in, in a sort of iron maiden virtual reality and just live a happy ever after the real crime. some sort of reward system.

you prepare them, they murder and then they get psychopath nirvana.

Edited by now is forever