Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Tarpall

My vision for the future of humanity

68 posts in this topic

@CreamCat yes but do you know what i mean... hmmm

the category between pet and non pet is artificial as the category between worker and non worker is artificial.

Edited by now is forever

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

If this utopian vision doesn't come with a massive psychological and spiritual growth collectively as well, then suicide rate will go more than 80%...maybe even more 

how this ? why 80 ? why not 10 ? or 20 or 30 ? or 0 ? or 100 ?

4 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Pets don't do work. They basically eat and poop and play with humans. They are technically expendable. Yet, they haven't died out.

Some pets die horrible deaths. Some other pets have much better lives than most humans.

Pets generally lead better lives than livestocks that have some utility for humans.

Perhaps, AIs will keep humans as pets. Or, something else. I don't know for sure. I just wanted to say that expendability doesn't predict much. I guess 10~20% of the population are already expendable from the view point of social utility.

In the past when warlords killed expendable people without remorse, expendability might mean death.

so you presume ultimate intelligence would be hateful of us no matter what, because they come from us ?

What about the reality where Hitler created law to forbid hunting on animals ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

3 minutes ago, Strikr said:

so you presume ultimate intelligence would be hateful of us no matter what, because they come from us ?

What about the reality where Hitler created law to forbid hunting on animals ?

I didn't presume that. I only assumed the reality doesn't care whether or not humans survive. Humans can care about other animals. AIs might care about humans as humans care about animals. To AIs, human rights == animal rights.

Edited by CreamCat

Just now, CreamCat said:

I didn't presume that. I only assumed the reality doesn't care whether or not humans survive.

Why assume such a thing ? is there a reason for you to believe the past is the futur ? 

There is reason to believe that having everything provided to you will not take away suffering, will only increase it, but then again it is just speculation  , because it depends on what changes will come together with it, suffering decreases from attaching to less and making you able to appreciate simplest things, not having everything and feeling empty inside because you can not appreciate anything , when you have everything. 

Then again it is simplified , it is way more complicated. 

Edited by purerogue

15 minutes ago, Strikr said:

Why assume such a thing ? is there a reason for you to believe the past is the futur ? 

I don't know what you are talking about. Anyway, I'm too tired to think today.

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

Your vision for the future feels like a vision based upon avoidance of the things you dislike. So, you're creating your vision invertedly.

I don't believe in law of attraction. I believe in getting rid of shitty things and adding wonderful things to my life. What's wrong with getting rid of things I dislike? 

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

One of the points Eckhart Tolle successfully and very explicitly hammers is the inherent disfunction of a human mind at it's default state.

An ego mind can never be satisfied no matter where it goes in the whole Universe. It will inevitably feel miserable, make a hell out of that place and subsequently suffer from it's own mechanisms. 

Unless the mechanism and fundamental nature of this mind is recognized, any external change is just window dressing. Ego always comes back to it's default disfunctional mode, no matter where it is. It's just a matter of time..

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 minutes ago, Preetom said:

One of the points Eckhart Tolle successfully and very explicitly hammers is the inherent disfunction of a human mind at it's default state.

An ego mind can never be satisfied no matter where it goes in the whole Universe. It will inevitably feel miserable, make a hell out of that place and subsequently suffer from it's own mechanisms. 

Unless the mechanism and fundamental nature of this mind is recognized, any external change is just window dressing. Ego always comes back to it's default disfunctional mode, no matter where it is. It's just a matter of time..

Eckhart tolle is not you.

become your fucking own leader, think for yourself, outside of dogma.

15 minutes ago, Strikr said:

Eckhart tolle is not you.

become your fucking own leader, think for yourself, outside of dogma.

Actually he is you. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 minutes ago, Strikr said:

of course, damn parasite on me

Be wary of sneaky ego trying to separate. xD

3 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I don't believe in law of attraction. I believe in getting rid of shitty things and adding wonderful things to my life. What's wrong with getting rid of things I dislike? 

If you think that you don't want to live in a shitty house, you imagine a shitty house.

When you think that you don't want to get beaten, you imagine others beating you.

Law of attraction says you get what you imagine in your mind. Your imagination deletes `not` from your words.

Thus, `I don't want to live in a shitty house` becomes `I live in a shitty house` in your imagination. This goes on.

1 minute ago, Strikr said:

IT IS NOT A BACKSLASH

xD

191ECF0D-AD5C-4571-9AF7-F5D2AFCBCF7A.gif