MiracleMan

Enlightenment Cults - Remember Bentinho?

31 posts in this topic

https://medium.com/@bescofield/tech-bro-guru-inside-the-sedona-cult-of-bentinho-massaro-a56314f830ef

Remember Bentinho and Trifinity academy?

This guy fled the country.

Psychological domination is the modus operandi here.  The figure puts himself forward as an authority while claiming he isn't.

@Leo Gura do you remember this guy?  I remember some folks occasionally posting his content.  Do you think you could make a video about this topic:  guru phenomenon and spiritual authority?

I could use a second fact check on this article for authenticity.  Thanks all.

Grace

One thing that hit me is that for the most part we are not actually conforming to any authority(guru) but actually we are conforming to our own inner authority(the divided action of self that looks to its knowledge/experience) to free “itself”. It’s a seeing the more subtle nature of psychological authority.

Ultimately we need to understand ourselves in order to know when a psychological authority has been attached too. 

Edited by Jack River

I've listened to Bentinho a few times. I thought his explanation of the Tao Te Ching was excellent. But like any guru or teacher you have to find what is true for you.

If you find magic mushrooms growing in a cow patch, take only what you find usefull and leave what's not.

9 hours ago, cetus56 said:

I've listened to Bentinho a few times. I thought his explanation of the Tao Te Ching was excellent. But like any guru or teacher you have to find what is true for you.

If you find magic mushrooms growing in a cow patch, take only what you find usefull and leave what's not.

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace

33 minutes ago, MiracleMan said:

It should be titled "How to piss off your ego" lol.

That's good! I've heard Leo himself say from time to time "I love F*&ing with my ego" Sometimes that's exactly what it takes. Good advice!

That Eckhart Tolle video really cuts to the core of a matter that is much misunderstood. I hope everyone on actualized.org takes it in.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

This article is completely biased and you will not find any relevant testimonies to uphold that claim

It was made by an egoistical reporter that loved taking down spirituality, the easy way, claiming that the guru is some cult leader

Vague claims and accusations , some scary halloween pictures of bentinho

One fact, a student of his commited suicide,..,how many students do modern gurus have.? Hundreds, a suicide is a tragedy but people commit suicide from all walks of life, its absolutely ridiculous to demonize a guru for the suicide of one of his students

He fled america? He left for personal bizz and he came back after that, like wtf so sensationalist

You know this article is bullshit, if you read it, you can not tell one single concrete point after it that makes you go "oh this bentinho guy is horrible", you can recall one clear vivid point that upholds the claim,

Its just brewing a vague and accusing vibe,  histy misty scaredy tones, its bogus, absolute bogus

If one single reporter, one single article is all it takes for you to discredit a spiritual guru maybe you're not as spiritual as you think you are, the ego and the media go hand in hand for destroying spirituality credibility, if thats all it takes be ready to wash down all your spiritual beliefs down the toilet real fast

And make no mistake, ego dominated industries like the media are out to discredit spiritual practices

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I mean the article is not the best. But if he did indeed run away and leave the country then something maybe came up. I think there's something off with him

7 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@Arkandeus Having a look at his Instagram account is enough. He's with a girl in every 2nd pic or something like that. And there's some ass pics of girls too etc. I bet he fucks 50 of his girl followers every day. Can't blame him though, I would've done the same thing. But I still don't like it, I guess it indicates that he's not fully enlightened.

There's also pics of expensive things like supercars etc.

It means nothing.

You have assumptions about what a spiritual teacher is supposed to be, that's all.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I have no info on him, but he has set off all my bullshit alarms since I first saw him online, like 3-4 months ago.

However, I have no idea, maybe the article is biased, maybe he is truly like that, who knows. Just focus on what is good as cetus said.

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

I have seen the videos and articles criticizing Teal Swan and Betinho.  Leo has a video against him too, so does Mooji.

Honestly I watch Teal Swans videos and take notes on them, I buy her books.  When I watch a video by Betinho I like what he says and the way he says it, great transmission, great energy.

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone fucks up.  I am glad all these people exist though, to me they help much more than they hurt.

Just my two cents.

9 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

The price of his courses are high also. And he is wrong about stuff too.

As far as I know, all his courses are free (I'm doing one right now)

It's extremely obvious that he's a fraud. 

How ?

Give some exemples please

God is love

And God in them

@Mikael89

You are absolutely right, his course prices are insanely high, it is absolutely greedy and non spiritual

But most of his teachings are free on youtube, he has hours and hours of core content for free, I never payed a single dime for this stuff but this man taught me a lot

He's not my guru, he's an enlightened teacher, nothing more, nothing less

Enlightened teachers still have egoic tendencies, that doesnt discredit what they teach

There's a phase between jezus and buddha and the normal egoic common human being

Same with leo, he's an enlightened teacher, and he still has his own areas to improve

If you dont vibe with a teacher thats ok, I for one cannot stand teal swan too much and some other guys too, I see tons of enlightened teachers with glaring areas that need to be worked on, its ok, its not an on and off switch its a process

I still respect teal swan and others for what they do and where they are

Even more you have to consider that an enlightened teacher with a special set of egoic tendencies is perhaps even MORE easier relatable for a certain kind of people who are so deep into their ego they cannot accept or comprehend enlightened teachers who are too pure, the glaring flaws in the teacher here, actually help common people to bridge the gap between ego and spirituality, and help make the teacher feel relatable to his students

This infinite intelligence at work, there is a kind of teacher for everyone, its so complicated and complex

Rich people also need spiritual teachers and maybe rich people feel if you dont fork out a thousand bucks for a course then the course is not genuine, so spiritual teachers like bentinho that charge way too much can actually be beneficial to these people to accept and get closer to spirituality

Rich people see the world upside down, whereas normal people are afraid to spend too ,ich, rich people are afraid to not spend enough, theyre afraid that if something is cheap it must not be good quality, its the "safety" bubble of luxury

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

51 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I doubt it but ok.

According to Leo himself he is not enlightened. 

It really doesn't matter what the teacher does or doesn't.
What is important is the teaching.

If you refuse to hear a teaching because the teacher isn't appealing to your set of values, it's because you're still judgmental and cherish/cling your set of values too much, and project them on what the teacher should be in order to be considered as one.

This isn't how life works, a teacher can have all the "negative" aspect in the world, it doesn't matter as long as the teaching comes from the source/the Truth.
What is negative is relative, you could be the most pure version of yourself ever, and still be judged by most people on earth for not being like how they would like you to be.

And honestly, I don't see where Bentinho isn't pure or evil, he's just being himself.

• The cost of his seminar ? Why not, it's only for yellow/turquoise that want to have a big impact on the world anyway, those people usually have that kind of money to spend.
    How do you know how that money will be spend anyway ? Maybe he has a vision about something and need the money to make it happen.
    You may think Leo is better on this for example, but Leo still charge 250$ his Life purpose course while the one of Bentinho is free (and his enlightenment course too btw), same thing with the book list.
    Now I'm not critizising Leo on this, it's just for the sake of comparison, and if you look at it, every teacher make some of their content behind a paywall ...
  • Badboy who fuck lots of girls ? I don't see any problem with that, sex isn't a sin, so why not have fun with all the ladies that wants to have fun with you ? Btw, Rumi was known to fuck a lot of different women.
  • Spending money on huge cars ? If it's something he has interest in, and enjoys it, how is that a problem ? Look at Osho :) 

The quote you posted, I don't see any problem with that too.

He's basically saying that if you can't handle him (the Truth), it is because you (the devil/ego/illusion) wants to continue to lie to yourself.
Every teacher says the exact same thing, just with differents words, and without the word "I".
But remember that the "I" for an enlightenment person doesn't mean the same thing, he's not talking about Bentinho when he says that.

I actually like him for saying it that directly, it shows he doesn't give a fuck about his self-image/reputation, cause a lot of teacher would sugar coat their sentences to save the appearance of the pure and intouchable guru (which is a lie for most of them).

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

It really doesn't matter what the teacher does or doesn't.
What is important is the teaching.

If you refuse to hear a teaching because the teacher isn't appealing to your set of values, it's because you're still judgmental and cherish/cling your set of values too much, and project them on what the teacher should be in order to be considered as one.

This isn't how life works, a teacher can have all the "negative" aspect in the world, it doesn't matter as long as the teaching comes from the source/the Truth.
What is negative is relative, you could be the most pure version of yourself ever, and still be judged by most people on earth for not being like how they would like you to be.

And honestly, I don't see where Bentinho isn't pure or evil, he's just being himself.

• The cost of his seminar ? Why not, it's only for yellow/turquoise that want to have a big impact on the world anyway, those people usually have that kind of money to spend.
    How do you know how that money will be spend anyway ? Maybe he has a vision about something and need the money to make it happen.
    You may think Leo is better on this for example, but Leo still charge 250$ his Life purpose course while the one of Bentinho is free (and his enlightenment course too btw), same thing with the book list.
    Now I'm now critizing Leo on this, it's just for the sake of comparison, and if you look at it, every teacher make some of their content behind a paywall ...
  • Badboy who fuck lots of girls ? I don't see any problem with that, sex isn't a sin, so why not have fun with all the ladies that wants to have fun with you ? Btw, Rumi was known to fuck a lot of different women.
  • Spending money on huge cars ? If it's something he has interest in, and enjoys it, how is that a problem ? Look at Osho :) 

The quote you posted, I don't see any problem with that too.

He's basically saying that if you can't handle him (the Truth), it is because you (the devil/ego/illusion) wants to continue to lie to yourself.
Every teacher says the exact same thing, just with differents words, and without the word "I".
But remember that the "I" for a enlightenment person doesn't mean the same thing, he's not talking about Bentinho when he says that.

I actually like him for saying it that directly, it shows he doesn't give a fuck about his self-image/reputation, cause a lot of teacher would sugar coat their sentences to save the appearance of the pure and intouchable guru (which is a lie for most of them).

You can't really address things with language in proper manner, you would need to make article to make one sentence not look wrong! :D 

@Shin has hit the hammer on the nail here as far as I'm concerned.

Also, any judgements towards anyone ultimately are reflections of yourself which want to make yourself feel better by putting others down... and we all do this. Even when you are enlightened you might do this, the difference would be that you would recognise it as illusion immediately and wouldn't be affected by it. Plus, comparison would come from a different source so to speak.

Definitely a good idea to make your feet wet with different teachers, but ultimately it's only you yourself who can transform yourself

11 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

His teaching seems to suck too. I don't refuse to listen to it, I have listened a bit to it.

I have big doubts about Osho as well.

«Seems to»

Why ?

And why Osho teachings would be bs ?

God is love

And God in them